Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 23:40:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: TRT World - Freesat Audio
From: wbbell@talktalk.net (wbbell@talktalk.net)
 by: wbbell@talktalk.net - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 06:40 UTC

On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 5:06:03 PM UTC+1, Brian Gregory wrote:
> On 14/04/2021 09:39, BobC wrote:
> >
> > For some timee now I have reaalised the If I watch TRT World on Freesat
> > there is no audio on the R.H channel.
> >
> > No other channels suffer from this - has anyone else noticed this and
> > what is the situation with Sky, rather than Freesat.
> >

> It seems to be fixed now.
>
> Perhaps somebody at TRT World must have read this?
> --
> Brian Gregory (in England).
My son bought me a new TV. For some reason, unknown, the sound on TRT new is all garbled. Everything else is fine. Any ideas to correct it. I am not a tech savvy person. Wendy Bell, UK

Re: TRT World - Freesat Audio

<kldi2sFnfpuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41953&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41953

From: junk@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 08:27:24 +0100
 by: alan_m - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 07:27 UTC

On 01/09/2023 07:40, wbbell@talktalk.net wrote:
> On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 5:06:03 PM UTC+1, Brian Gregory wrote:
>> On 14/04/2021 09:39, BobC wrote:
>>>
>>> For some timee now I have reaalised the If I watch TRT World on Freesat
>>> there is no audio on the R.H channel.
>>>
>>> No other channels suffer from this - has anyone else noticed this and
>>> what is the situation with Sky, rather than Freesat.
>>>

>> It seems to be fixed now.
>>
>> Perhaps somebody at TRT World must have read this?
>> --
>> Brian Gregory (in England).
> My son bought me a new TV. For some reason, unknown, the sound on TRT new is all garbled. Everything else is fine. Any ideas to correct it. I am not a tech savvy person. Wendy Bell, UK

My satellite receiver suggests that there is a choice of audio on that
channel.

AAC or AC3+

If I select AC3+ and pass it through to my surround sound (AV) amplifier
unaltered most of the sound comes from the left hand speaker. It's
almost like they have swapped the centre and LH front encoding.

If I downmix to stereo in the receiver the sound from my AV amp is more
normal with speech frm the centre front speaker.

If I select the AAC source and pass that through unaltered then the
sound is more normal - speech form the centre speakers.

Re: TRT World - Freesat Audio

<ucsfjm$3ocpo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41955&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41955

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:49:23 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 10:49 UTC

We had a Euro newsfeed on Samsung tv a couple of weeks ago with an English
voice on the left and a Frenchman on the right, so maybe they should try
harder to make a really good cock up!

Brian

--

--: