If I had a Q-TIP, I could prevent th' collapse of NEGOTIATIONS!!

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

SubjectAuthor
* 4 and 5 missing from FreesatPeterC
+* Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatAndy Burns
|`* Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatPeterC
| `* Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatAndy Burns
|  `* Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatNY
|   `* Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatBrian Gregory
|    `- Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatPeterC
+- Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatJMB99
`- Re: 4 and 5 missing from FreesatBrian Gregory

1
4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<158nhus34eb10$.1b8cf1zlijd4a.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42517&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42517

From: giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:25:56 +0000
 by: PeterC - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:25 UTC

For three days now Channels 4 and 5 and their 'subsidiaries' have been
missing from Freesat. This is so on the Foxsat HDR and on the TV.
I spent some time searching but there's apparently no problems!
Just looked at a listing site and that's the same.

BTW, what the hell is That's Christmas that popped up recently? Had a few
films on it and now has nothing but 'music' - a waste of TV.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<krf3n7F3q5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42518&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42518

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:12:05 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:12 UTC

PeterC wrote:

> For three days now Channels 4 and 5 and their 'subsidiaries' have been
> missing from Freesat. This is so on the Foxsat HDR and on the TV.
> I spent some time searching but there's apparently no problems!
> Just looked at a listing site and that's the same.

My FTA/mythTV box hasn't been retuned in ages, yet it still receives
Ch4 HD
more4
film4

one of the Ch4+1 plays, the other not

of the three different Ch5s, one says it's missing in the PAT/SDT,
another one fails but the third one works

Of two Ch5HD, one plays the other doesn't

So I'd say there's been some shuffling of services/transponders, but I
don't know if a true FreeSat box should cope with that, or might need a
retune?

> BTW, what the hell is That's Christmas that popped up recently? Had a few
> films on it and now has nothing but 'music' - a waste of TV.

Sounds about as expected!

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<uiu41d$t10t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42523&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42523

From: mb@nospam.net (JMB99)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:21:49 +0000
 by: JMB99 - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:21 UTC

On 13/11/2023 16:25, PeterC wrote:
> BTW, what the hell is That's Christmas that popped up recently? Had a few
> films on it and now has nothing but 'music' - a waste of TV.
> --

There seems to be a whole industry making films for the Christmas
market. I usually have a look at some because quite a number have been
filmed around here. There is a new one this year that was filmed in
Perthshire and Fife I think.

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<1484ep91gj1w8$.tjxdxtmtwgrp$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42527&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42527

From: giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:30:37 +0000
 by: PeterC - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:30 UTC

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:12:05 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

> PeterC wrote:
>
>> For three days now Channels 4 and 5 and their 'subsidiaries' have been
>> missing from Freesat. This is so on the Foxsat HDR and on the TV.
>> I spent some time searching but there's apparently no problems!
>> Just looked at a listing site and that's the same.
>
> My FTA/mythTV box hasn't been retuned in ages, yet it still receives
> Ch4 HD
> more4
> film4
>
> one of the Ch4+1 plays, the other not
>
> of the three different Ch5s, one says it's missing in the PAT/SDT,
> another one fails but the third one works
>
> Of two Ch5HD, one plays the other doesn't
>
> So I'd say there's been some shuffling of services/transponders, but I
> don't know if a true FreeSat box should cope with that, or might need a
> retune?

Couple of things:
I should have said that the missing days start(ed) about tomorrow or
Thursday (I check a week ahead, so those who don't wouldn't have noticed)

They're all back now, including the missing days, so t'weren't me, 'onest
guv.

>> BTW, what the hell is That's Christmas that popped up recently? Had a few
>> films on it and now has nothing but 'music' - a waste of TV.
>
> Sounds about as expected!
Yup, crap for christmas!

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<krhsv8Fho4fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42528&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42528

From: void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:35:20 +0000
 by: Brian Gregory - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:35 UTC

On 13/11/2023 16:25, PeterC wrote:
> For three days now Channels 4 and 5 and their 'subsidiaries' have been
> missing from Freesat. This is so on the Foxsat HDR and on the TV.
> I spent some time searching but there's apparently no problems!
> Just looked at a listing site and that's the same.

If it's a proper Freesat box with the Freesat logo and everything it
should automatically retune when necessary, so I would guess that your
dish is probably slightly out of alignment. It could also be that the
cable from the dish or the LNB has degraded or has got water in it.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<krhsvuFesiaU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42529&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42529

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:35:42 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:35 UTC

PeterC wrote:

> Couple of things:
> I should have said that the missing days start(ed) about tomorrow or
> Thursday (I check a week ahead, so those who don't wouldn't have noticed)

Oh, you mean the EPG data has gaps, not that the channels aren't there
at all ...

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<TuadnbUp77H_V8n4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42530&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42530

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 13:40:47 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
From: me@privacy.net (NY)
 by: NY - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 13:40 UTC

On 14/11/2023 18:35, Andy Burns wrote:
> PeterC wrote:
>
>> Couple of things:
>> I should have said that the missing days start(ed) about tomorrow or
>> Thursday (I check a week ahead, so those who don't wouldn't have noticed)
>
> Oh, you mean the EPG data has gaps, not that the channels aren't there
> at all ...

Yes, I read it as meaning that he couldn't receive broadcasts on
Channels 4 and 5. Nowhere in the original posting did it mention the EPG.

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<krk73cF3fksU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42531&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42531

From: void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:40:28 +0000
 by: Brian Gregory - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:40 UTC

On 15/11/2023 13:40, NY wrote:
> On 14/11/2023 18:35, Andy Burns wrote:
>> PeterC wrote:
>>
>>> Couple of things:
>>> I should have said that the missing days start(ed) about tomorrow or
>>> Thursday (I check a week ahead, so those who don't wouldn't have
>>> noticed)
>>
>> Oh, you mean the EPG data has gaps, not that the channels aren't there
>> at all ...
>
> Yes, I read it as meaning that he couldn't receive broadcasts on
> Channels 4 and 5. Nowhere in the original posting did it mention the EPG.

Me too.
I'm not going to bother to correct my answer though.
It was a good answer to the original question as posted.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: 4 and 5 missing from Freesat

<1ggbj9a7xojx5$.1gonuayj46r3o$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=42532&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#42532

From: giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:05:11 +0000
 by: PeterC - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:05 UTC

On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:40:28 +0000, Brian Gregory wrote:

> On 15/11/2023 13:40, NY wrote:

>>> Oh, you mean the EPG data has gaps, not that the channels aren't there
>>> at all ...
>>
>> Yes, I read it as meaning that he couldn't receive broadcasts on
>> Channels 4 and 5. Nowhere in the original posting did it mention the EPG.
>
> Me too.
> I'm not going to bother to correct my answer though.
> It was a good answer to the original question as posted.

Sorry - I really must try to make myself clear on these things instead of
posting waffle. Just re-read my OP and it is full of gaps.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away