From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: virginmobile transfer to O2
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:13:10 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 06:13 UTC

They had notified me that the move would happen today, process not
entirely smooth, the website lets me login, but some pages say I am
logged in, other pages say something went wrong, it seems to be sorting
itself piece by piece.

Billing is handled clumsily, £23.46 O2 SIM-only tariff and an ex-virgin
bolt-on with a negative price of £15.25, still £8.21/month not bad for
20GB of data with rollover and unlimited mins/sms.

One good thing, my phone is now provisioned for VoWiFi (and it works)
virgin having previously said it wasn't possible since Pixel5a isn't
sold in the UK.

Oh, and they re-enabled all the emergency alerts.

Re: virginmobile transfer to O2

<u59h19$2nod5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4743&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4743

From: Jeff@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: virginmobile transfer to O2
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:23:21 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:23 UTC

On 01/06/2023 07:13, Andy Burns wrote:
> They had notified me that the move would happen today, process not
> entirely smooth, the website lets me login, but some pages say I am
> logged in, other pages say something went wrong, it seems to be sorting
> itself piece by piece.
>
> Billing is handled clumsily, £23.46 O2 SIM-only tariff and an ex-virgin
> bolt-on with a negative price of £15.25, still £8.21/month not bad for
> 20GB of data with rollover and unlimited mins/sms.
>
> One good thing, my phone is now provisioned for VoWiFi (and it works)
> virgin having previously said it wasn't possible since Pixel5a isn't
> sold in the UK.
>
> Oh, and they re-enabled all the emergency alerts.

How? Did they have the phone other than for putting in the O2 sim? I
wonder if they did anything else you haven't yet discovered...

--

Jeff

Re: virginmobile transfer to O2

<kdr1a3F27coU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4744&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4744

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:56:50 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:56 UTC

Jeff Layman wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> they re-enabled all the emergency alerts.
>
> How?

As part of the re-provisioning (via OMACP?) the phone did pop-up a
message saying emergency alerts had been enabled, so I turned them off
again.

> Did they have the phone other than for putting in the O2 sim?

"they" didn't have the phone at all, all done without changing the SIM.

> I wonder if they did anything else you haven't yet discovered...

So far it's still moaning every few minutes that it can't enable
voicemail (I don't want it enabled anyway).