Time is an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space.

aus+uk / uk.telecom.mobile / Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

SubjectAuthor
* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Pamela
+* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Tweed
|`- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Pamela
+- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Andy Burns
+* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Wilf
|`* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Pamela
| `* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Roger
|  +* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Scott
|  |`- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Tweed
|  +- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Andy Burns
|  +- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.BrightsideS9
|  `* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Roger
|   +* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.notya...@gmail.com
|   |`* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Pamela
|   | `- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.notya...@gmail.com
|   `* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Roger
|    `* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Andy Burns
|     `* Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Roger
|      `- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.BrightsideS9
`- Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.Kristjan Robam

1
Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<XnsB04F7661D998691F3A2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4933&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4933

From: pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:38:14 +0100
 by: Pamela - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:38 UTC

I'm on Asda Mobile, which uses Vodafone.

Reception at home has become poor after Vodafone switched off its 3G
transmitters recently.

Asda Mobile Customer Service points out their coverage maps show I get
a good signal indoors and, as a result, they don't expect any improvements
to be made.

Their map is the same as Vodafone's. However Ofcom's map for Vodafone
shows I have a poor signal.

Is there any way to prompt Asda/Vodafone to improve coverage in my area?

Has Vodafone implemented a procedure to track and rememdy adverse effects
from their recent 3G switch-off?

---

https://mobile.asda.com/support/coverage-checker
https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage
https://maps.vodafone.co.uk/

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<ua06rb$27pvh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4934&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4934

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:55:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:JcelG74tv9al1/tmWrGslAplAVk=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:55 UTC

Pamela <pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm on Asda Mobile, which uses Vodafone.
>
> Reception at home has become poor after Vodafone switched off its 3G
> transmitters recently.
>
> Asda Mobile Customer Service points out their coverage maps show I get
> a good signal indoors and, as a result, they don't expect any improvements
> to be made.
>
> Their map is the same as Vodafone's. However Ofcom's map for Vodafone
> shows I have a poor signal.
>
> Is there any way to prompt Asda/Vodafone to improve coverage in my area?
>
> Has Vodafone implemented a procedure to track and rememdy adverse effects
> from their recent 3G switch-off?
>

> ---
>
> https://mobile.asda.com/support/coverage-checker
> https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage
> https://maps.vodafone.co.uk/

Perhaps you just need to wait a bit. They’ll be wanting to use the freed up
frequencies for 4/5G service. The re-engineering work may not yet be
complete. How modern is your phone? Older devices can’t always access all
the bands in use and thus appear to be getting a worse service than that
actually being provided.

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<kihl9bFoc05U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4935&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4935

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:57:48 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:57 UTC

Pamela wrote:

> Has Vodafone implemented a procedure to track and rememdy adverse
> effects from their recent 3G switch-off?

I daresay that in Vodafone Towers, they see the remedy
as "buy a 4G/5G phone or use VoWiFi"

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<ua0ahc$27foc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4936&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4936

From: wilf@postingx.uk (Wilf)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 12:58:36 +0100
 by: Wilf - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 11:58 UTC

On 28/07/2023 at 11:38, Pamela wrote:
> I'm on Asda Mobile, which uses Vodafone.
>
> Reception at home has become poor after Vodafone switched off its 3G
> transmitters recently.
>
> Asda Mobile Customer Service points out their coverage maps show I get
> a good signal indoors and, as a result, they don't expect any improvements
> to be made.
>
> Their map is the same as Vodafone's. However Ofcom's map for Vodafone
> shows I have a poor signal.
>
> Is there any way to prompt Asda/Vodafone to improve coverage in my area?
>
> Has Vodafone implemented a procedure to track and rememdy adverse effects
> from their recent 3G switch-off?
>

> ---
>
> https://mobile.asda.com/support/coverage-checker
> https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage
> https://maps.vodafone.co.uk/

Assuming you have Wifi at home, could you switch on Wifi Calling if your
phone allows it?

--
Wilf

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<XnsB04F8E4D8561291F3A2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4937&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4937

From: pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100
 by: Pamela - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 12:59 UTC

On 12:58 28 Jul 2023, Wilf said:
> On 28/07/2023 at 11:38, Pamela wrote:
>> I'm on Asda Mobile, which uses Vodafone.
>>
>> Reception at home has become poor after Vodafone switched off its 3G
>> transmitters recently.
>>
>> Asda Mobile Customer Service points out their coverage maps show I
>> get a good signal indoors and, as a result, they don't expect any
>> improvements to be made.
>>
>> Their map is the same as Vodafone's. However Ofcom's map for
>> Vodafone shows I have a poor signal.
>>
>> Is there any way to prompt Asda/Vodafone to improve coverage in my
>> area?
>>
>> Has Vodafone implemented a procedure to track and rememdy adverse
>> effects from their recent 3G switch-off?
>>

>> ---
>>
>> https://mobile.asda.com/support/coverage-checker
>> https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage
>> https://maps.vodafone.co.uk/
>
> Assuming you have Wifi at home, could you switch on Wifi Calling if
> your phone allows it?

My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<XnsB04F91D8579C791F3A2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4938&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4938

From: pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 14:20:13 +0100
 by: Pamela - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:20 UTC

On 11:55 28 Jul 2023, Tweed said:

> Pamela <pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm on Asda Mobile, which uses Vodafone.
>>
>> Reception at home has become poor after Vodafone switched off its 3G
>> transmitters recently.
>>
>> Asda Mobile Customer Service points out their coverage maps show I
>> get a good signal indoors and, as a result, they don't expect any
>> improvements to be made.
>>
>> Their map is the same as Vodafone's. However Ofcom's map for
>> Vodafone shows I have a poor signal.
>>
>> Is there any way to prompt Asda/Vodafone to improve coverage in my
>> area?
>>
>> Has Vodafone implemented a procedure to track and rememdy adverse
>> effects from their recent 3G switch-off?
>>

>> ---
>>
>> https://mobile.asda.com/support/coverage-checker
>> https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage
>> https://maps.vodafone.co.uk/
>>

> Perhaps you just need to wait a bit. They'll be wanting to use the
> freed up frequencies for 4/5G service. The re-engineering work may
> not yet be complete. How modern is your phone? Older devices can't
> always access all the bands in use and thus appear to be getting a
> worse service than that actually being provided.

I was hoping Vodafone would be extra alert to poor coverage and welcome
reports in order to fill gaps.

My handset is a Moto G7 and I guess it supports most bands, except 5G.
They're listed below although I can't say which bands are missing:

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g7-9357.php

I have assumed all Android handsets have more or less equally good
radio performance, but are some markedly better/worse than others?

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<rai7cihdbsmf9etokmuvoivkp61jgkhqp6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4939&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4939

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100
 by: Roger - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 14:06 UTC

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100, Pamela
<pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12:58 28 Jul 2023, Wilf said:
>> Assuming you have Wifi at home, could you switch on Wifi Calling if
>> your phone allows it?
>
>My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
>Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.

That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
as soon as I return home.
--
Roger

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<vgm7cipc977gn46a4gskej8to97mt1vpiv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4940&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4940

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 16:11:25 +0100
 by: Scott - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:11 UTC

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100, Pamela
><pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 12:58 28 Jul 2023, Wilf said:
>>> Assuming you have Wifi at home, could you switch on Wifi Calling if
>>> your phone allows it?
>>
>>My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
>>Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.
>
>That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
>yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
>Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
>on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
>first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
>calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
>both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
>as soon as I return home.

Maybe Wi-Fi calling is not part of the service ASDA offers. AIUI you
have a contract with ASDA and ASDA has a contract with Vodafone. How
do you know that ASDA's contract includes Wi-Fi calling? It may be
cheaper for them to exclude it.

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<ua0o4k$29cqg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4941&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4941

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:50:44 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:z3EmPgIVix4ew/T5e2e9oIEhN+I=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:50 UTC

Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger <invalid@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100, Pamela
>> <pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
>>> Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.
>>
>> That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
>> yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
>> Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
>> on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
>> first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
>> calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
>> both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
>> as soon as I return home.
>
> Maybe Wi-Fi calling is not part of the service ASDA offers. AIUI you
> have a contract with ASDA and ASDA has a contract with Vodafone. How
> do you know that ASDA's contract includes Wi-Fi calling? It may be
> cheaper for them to exclude it.

Asda claim to offer WiFi calling

https://mobile.asda.com/wifi-calling

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<kiil91FthfbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4942&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4942

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 21:03:46 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 20:03 UTC

Roger wrote:

> I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't yet persuaded ASDA to update
> the SIM to enable WiFi calling.

I have a Pixel3 and a Pixel5a grey-imported from Japan, the latter
nobody has heard of it, I tried VoWiFi on virgin(o2 mvno) and asda(vf
mvno)... no joy

Then when virgin migrated me to being an actual o2 customer, they
enabled VoWiFi and it works very nicely, no "crinkly" phone calls while
moving around the house ...

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<q0o9cih1vtp41garq8hbljhsg4g1h9un5n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4943&group=uk.telecom.mobile#4943

From: reply_to_address_is_not@invalid.invalid (BrightsideS9)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 10:54:06 +0100
 by: BrightsideS9 - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 09:54 UTC

wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100, Pamela
><pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 12:58 28 Jul 2023, Wilf said:
>>> Assuming you have Wifi at home, could you switch on Wifi Calling if
>>> your phone allows it?
>>
>>My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
>>Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.
>
>That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
>yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
>Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
>on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
>first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
>calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
>both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
>as soon as I return home.

I have dual sim oppo model cph1931. Wifi calling is active on a 3 sim,
not active on Lebara (VFone) sim. Lebara's claim that VoWiFi is now
implemented is not universal but is model dependant. Beware!

--
brightsiude s9

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<1k60iihs8q6ecg0661dos714gfjeiro0it@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5331&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5331

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 15:37:34 +0100
 by: Roger - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 14:37 UTC

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100, Pamela
><pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 12:58 28 Jul 2023, Wilf said:
>>> Assuming you have Wifi at home, could you switch on Wifi Calling if
>>> your phone allows it?
>>
>>My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
>>Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.
>
>That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
>yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
>Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
>on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
>first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
>calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
>both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
>as soon as I return home.

I never got around to contacting ASDA. Today my Pixel 6a updated
to Android 14 and now has WiFi calling using my ASDA SIM.
--
Roger

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<c2227893-ece7-4510-ab81-24cb39d62934n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5333&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5333

Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 09:20:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: notyalckram@gmail.com (notya...@gmail.com)
 by: notya...@gmail.com - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 16:20 UTC

On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 15:37:47 UTC+1, Roger wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger

SNIP

> >That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
> >yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
> >Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
> >on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
> >first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
> >calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
> >both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
> >as soon as I return home.
> I never got around to contacting ASDA. Today my Pixel 6a updated
> to Android 14 and now has WiFi calling using my ASDA SIM.
> --
> Roger

In late 2017 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 [from Samsung's shop (really PRL;'s)] it would not do WiFi, 4G nor internet calling despite all these being supposed to work (& YouTube videos showing it). IMO this was a SOGA 1893 issue. Samsung [falsely] blamed O2, but after three months their agents PRL finally accepted responsibility, refunded my money [and some] so I bought an S8 instead. All three worked in the S8, although since Android 11? you need to use an app' for internet calling.

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<XnsB09AAE1FEFED291F3A2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5344&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5344

From: pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 17:07:01 +0100
 by: Pamela - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:07 UTC

On 17:20 6 Oct 2023, notya...@gmail.com said:

> On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 15:37:47 UTC+1, Roger wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger
>
> SNIP
>
>> >That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
>> >yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
>> >Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
>> >on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
>> >first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
>> >calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
>> >both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
>> >as soon as I return home.
>> I never got around to contacting ASDA. Today my Pixel 6a updated
>> to Android 14 and now has WiFi calling using my ASDA SIM.
>> --
>> Roger
>
> In late 2017 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 [from Samsung's shop
> (really PRL;'s)] it would not do WiFi, 4G nor internet calling
> despite all these being supposed to work (& YouTube videos showing
> it). IMO this was a SOGA 1893 issue. Samsung [falsely] blamed O2,
> but after three months their agents PRL finally accepted
> responsibility, refunded my money [and some] so I bought an S8
> instead. All three worked in the S8, although since Android 11?
> you need to use an app' for internet calling.

Which app?

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<30069ff5-fbaa-4c1b-aeef-695177fa3fd6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5350&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5350

Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 03:46:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: notyalckram@gmail.com (notya...@gmail.com)
 by: notya...@gmail.com - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 10:46 UTC

On Wednesday, 11 October 2023 at 17:07:12 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
> On 17:20 6 Oct 2023, notya...@gmail.com said:
>
> > On Friday, 6 October 2023 at 15:37:47 UTC+1, Roger wrote:
> >> On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger
> >
> > SNIP

> >> I never got around to contacting ASDA. Today my Pixel 6a updated
> >> to Android 14 and now has WiFi calling using my ASDA SIM.
> >> --
> >> Roger
> >
> > In late 2017 I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 [from Samsung's shop
> > (really PRL;'s)] it would not do WiFi, 4G nor internet calling
> > despite all these being supposed to work (& YouTube videos showing
> > it). IMO this was a SOGA 1893 issue. Samsung [falsely] blamed O2,
> > but after three months their agents PRL finally accepted
> > responsibility, refunded my money [and some] so I bought an S8
> > instead. All three worked in the S8, although since Android 11?
> > you need to use an app' for internet calling.
> Which app?

There are lots, Zoiper for instance. Voipfone's free softone app' works very well and stays awake in recent versions of Android 12 & 13 (an issue for all Voip app's in earlier versions). Runs native in earlier versions (8, 9 and probably 10) using a [one time] app' "Galaxy SIP settings", which sets up SIP in the phone itself.

Similar facility in pre MS Nokia phones (e.g. N79, N8), but fiddly to set up.

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<0fb4b15e-c9d1-4ab0-8236-c52c6e80b229n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5351&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5351

Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 03:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: kristjanrobam1983@outlook.com (Kristjan Robam)
 by: Kristjan Robam - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 10:47 UTC

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<k24hmi5hhp5bqrq9ms56jgt61qm8vlt38r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5608&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5608

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:46:15 +0000
 by: Roger - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:46 UTC

On Fri, 06 Oct 2023 15:37:34 +0100, Roger
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 15:06:20 +0100, Roger
><invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:59:20 +0100, Pamela
>><pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>My handset is a Moto G7 and can support WiFi Calling (and I used it on
>>>Three Mobile) but not on Asda/Vodafone.
>>
>>That's interesting. I have a Pixel 3a and Pixel 6a. I haven't
>>yet persuaded ASDA to update the SIM to enable WiFi calling.
>>Just to prove, or disprove, that the Pixels can do WiFi calling
>>on Vodafone I purchased a Vodafone SIM (from an ASDA store). The
>>first thing I did after inserting the SIM was to see if the WiFi
>>calling option was in the Settings. Yes, it is and it works on
>>both the 3a and 6a. I shall be trying to get my ASDA SIM updated
>>as soon as I return home.
>
>I never got around to contacting ASDA. Today my Pixel 6a updated
>to Android 14 and now has WiFi calling using my ASDA SIM.

Today I purchased a new Lebara SIM. In my Pixel 6a with Android
14 there is still no 4g calling or WiFi calling as shown by
dialling *#*#4636#*#* choosing Phone information and looking at
the sliders for VoLTE provisioned and Wi-Fi calling provisioned.
Both "buttons" are in the off position whereas with my ASDA SIM
they are both in the on position. They are grayed out because
they cannot be changed by the user.
--
Roger

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<ksrma6Fcu40U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5609&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5609

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:59:16 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:59 UTC

Roger wrote:

> Today I purchased a new Lebara SIM. In my Pixel 6a with Android
> 14 there is still no 4g calling or WiFi calling as shown by
> dialling *#*#4636#*#* choosing Phone information and looking at
> the sliders for VoLTE provisioned and Wi-Fi calling provisioned.
> Both "buttons" are in the off position whereas with my ASDA SIM
> they are both in the on position. They are grayed out because
> they cannot be changed by the user.

The provisioning data is per phone model, per mobile operator. Did you
get a "welcome to Lebara" type message? If not, then see if they can
resend it ... good luck, I gave up with trying to get ASDA and VMO2 to
enable WiFi calling ... yet when I got pushed over from VMO2 to O2, they
just did it without asking.

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<evvhmilg983562gaod9oq91sjrctufjbe1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5614&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5614

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Roger)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:43:10 +0000
 by: Roger - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:43 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:59:16 +0000, Andy Burns
<usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>Roger wrote:
>
>> Today I purchased a new Lebara SIM. In my Pixel 6a with Android
>> 14 there is still no 4g calling or WiFi calling as shown by
>> dialling *#*#4636#*#* choosing Phone information and looking at
>> the sliders for VoLTE provisioned and Wi-Fi calling provisioned.
>> Both "buttons" are in the off position whereas with my ASDA SIM
>> they are both in the on position. They are grayed out because
>> they cannot be changed by the user.
>
>The provisioning data is per phone model, per mobile operator. Did you
>get a "welcome to Lebara" type message? If not, then see if they can
>resend it ... good luck, I gave up with trying to get ASDA and VMO2 to
>enable WiFi calling ... yet when I got pushed over from VMO2 to O2, they
>just did it without asking.

Yes, I received a message beginning "Hello, a big welcome to
Lebara."

When my phone updated to Android 14 Wi-Fi calling became
available on ASDA (4g calling was working on Android 13). I
thought that perhaps the change might mean that those features
would now be available on Lebara. That thought has proved
incorrect so I'm sticking with ASDA for the time being.
--
Roger

Re: Vodafone coverage after 3G switch-off.

<mfdjmi5t26lj5osjl61u52mthm8ojhgsue@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5617&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5617

From: reply_to_address_is_not@invalid.invalid (BrightsideS9)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:39:01 +0000
 by: BrightsideS9 - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 10:39 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:43:10 +0000, Roger <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:59:16 +0000, Andy Burns
><usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>
>>Roger wrote:
>>
>>> Today I purchased a new Lebara SIM. In my Pixel 6a with Android
>>> 14 there is still no 4g calling or WiFi calling as shown by
>>> dialling *#*#4636#*#* choosing Phone information and looking at
>>> the sliders for VoLTE provisioned and Wi-Fi calling provisioned.
>>> Both "buttons" are in the off position whereas with my ASDA SIM
>>> they are both in the on position. They are grayed out because
>>> they cannot be changed by the user.
>>
>>The provisioning data is per phone model, per mobile operator. Did you
>>get a "welcome to Lebara" type message? If not, then see if they can
>>resend it ... good luck, I gave up with trying to get ASDA and VMO2 to
>>enable WiFi calling ... yet when I got pushed over from VMO2 to O2, they
>>just did it without asking.
>
>Yes, I received a message beginning "Hello, a big welcome to
>Lebara."
>
>When my phone updated to Android 14 Wi-Fi calling became
>available on ASDA (4g calling was working on Android 13). I
>thought that perhaps the change might mean that those features
>would now be available on Lebara. That thought has proved
>incorrect so I'm sticking with ASDA for the time being.

My dual sim phone, Three and Lebara allows me to activate wifi calling
on Three and it is functional, but there is no option on the Lebara
sim to activate wifi calling. Lebara ignore my requests to give me a
sim that allows wifi calling on vodafone. Just another indication of
poor Lebara service.

--
brightside s9