To be a kind of moral Unix, he touched the hem of Nature's shift. -- Shelley

aus+uk / uk.transport.london / Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks

SubjectAuthor
* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksNY
+- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMB
+* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRobin
|`* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMB
| `- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksCharles Ellson
+- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRoland Perry
`* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksJames Heaton
 +* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRoland Perry
 |+* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMB
 ||`* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRoland Perry
 || `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMB
 ||  `- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRoland Perry
 |`* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksGraeme Wall
 | +* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRoland Perry
 | |`- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksCharles Ellson
 | `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRecliner
 |  `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksNY
 |   `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMarland
 |    `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksNY
 |     `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMark Goodge
 |      `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksCharles Ellson
 |       +* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRecliner
 |       |`* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksCharles Ellson
 |       | `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRecliner
 |       |  `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksCharles Ellson
 |       |   `- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRecliner
 |       `- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksNY
 +- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksMB
 `* Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksRobin
  `- Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracksJames Heaton

Pages:12
Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks

<efo6mh9qfumi1n29rqhtrasq8hfj9gd7b2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4989&group=uk.transport.london#4989

From: charlesellson@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Subject: Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 06:51:22 +0000
References: <tecpq7$93ug$1@dont-email.me> <f2cee732-81d5-a1bf-4f9f-b8f2e1749a84@outlook.com> <ted0g1$9mpc$1@dont-email.me> <tfcg5j$1ql$1@gioia.aioe.org> <Thax+IvhYeGjFAW2@perry.uk> <tfg4ip$14619$1@dont-email.me> <tjscpc$siid$5@dont-email.me> <tjteuv$14in6$1@dont-email.me> <jseuqsFpkdfU1@mid.individual.net> <tjtjrg$15nbi$1@dont-email.me> <ou95mhh11sv4b2e77029jlp326mt31mg9n@4ax.com> <s5c6mht6svpvmgcqufj2l2ujq6l0tpvmc0@4ax.com> <tjvbrg$1cq76$5@dont-email.me>
 by: Charles Ellson - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 06:51 UTC

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 03:17:04 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
<recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

>Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Nov 2022 17:29:30 +0000, Mark Goodge
>> <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Mostly just the media getting bored with the story, I expect.
>>>
>> A lot of stuff goes quiet until a trial commences or just seems to
>> disappear if there is nothing special to report later (e.g. a
>> spectacular crash producing no significant injury or serious charges).
>>

>Surely manslaughter is a significant charge?

Yes in the Park Royal case but I was addressing the more general stuff
where the eventual court case doesn't provide any interesting
reporting. Nothing seems to have been reported about the PR driver
since he was reported as being in critical condition and in a
medically-induced coma just under two months ago. It seems likely that
one way or another he is still unfit to be charged.

Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks

<tk01u9$1ee19$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4990&group=uk.transport.london#4990

From: me@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:33:51 -0000
References: <ybIZQ4a0l5BjFA5u@perry.uk> <cm1jghd9bvqb04jstvesgjiq9o7f10cqv3@4ax.com> <tecpq7$93ug$1@dont-email.me> <f2cee732-81d5-a1bf-4f9f-b8f2e1749a84@outlook.com> <ted0g1$9mpc$1@dont-email.me> <tfcg5j$1ql$1@gioia.aioe.org> <Thax+IvhYeGjFAW2@perry.uk> <tfg4ip$14619$1@dont-email.me> <tjscpc$siid$5@dont-email.me> <tjteuv$14in6$1@dont-email.me> <jseuqsFpkdfU1@mid.individual.net> <tjtjrg$15nbi$1@dont-email.me> <ou95mhh11sv4b2e77029jlp326mt31mg9n@4ax.com> <s5c6mht6svpvmgcqufj2l2ujq6l0tpvmc0@4ax.com>
 by: NY - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:33 UTC

"Charles Ellson" <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> A lot of stuff goes quiet until a trial commences or just seems to
> disappear if there is nothing special to report later (e.g. a
> spectacular crash producing no significant injury or serious charges).

There was a murder in a village near me earlier this year: it hit the
national news briefly and was in the local news for longer, since the victim
was an elderly lady murdered in her own home. A suspect was arrested almost
immediately and in due course he was charged and made an initial appearance
in court, with further appearances scheduled and even an estimate given for
a full murder trial. But since that first brief court appearance, there has
been nothing in the news. Even if he'd pleaded guilty or been found unfit to
stand trial, that news at least would have been reported.

Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks

<tk03er$1ei45$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4991&group=uk.transport.london#4991

From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:59:55 -0000 (UTC)
<ou95mhh11sv4b2e77029jlp326mt31mg9n@4ax.com>
<s5c6mht6svpvmgcqufj2l2ujq6l0tpvmc0@4ax.com>
<tjvbrg$1cq76$5@dont-email.me>
<efo6mh9qfumi1n29rqhtrasq8hfj9gd7b2@4ax.com>
sha1:wMlYm291IMPXNa+ItUWfp4mBW2g=
 by: Recliner - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:59 UTC

Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 03:17:04 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
> <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> A lot of stuff goes quiet until a trial commences or just seems to
>>> disappear if there is nothing special to report later (e.g. a
>>> spectacular crash producing no significant injury or serious charges).
>>>

>> Surely manslaughter is a significant charge?
>>
> Yes in the Park Royal case but I was addressing the more general stuff
> where the eventual court case doesn't provide any interesting
> reporting. Nothing seems to have been reported about the PR driver
> since he was reported as being in critical condition and in a
> medically-induced coma just under two months ago. It seems likely that
> one way or another he is still unfit to be charged.

As I said, the BBC reported that he was discharged from hospital last
month, and charged with manslaughter this week, and then released on bail.

Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks

<5rk8mhhnrs39mhh0ikb5nitsm3mknv0946@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4992&group=uk.transport.london#4992

From: charlesellson@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 00:08:11 +0000
References: <ted0g1$9mpc$1@dont-email.me> <tfcg5j$1ql$1@gioia.aioe.org> <Thax+IvhYeGjFAW2@perry.uk> <tfg4ip$14619$1@dont-email.me> <tjscpc$siid$5@dont-email.me> <tjteuv$14in6$1@dont-email.me> <jseuqsFpkdfU1@mid.individual.net> <tjtjrg$15nbi$1@dont-email.me> <ou95mhh11sv4b2e77029jlp326mt31mg9n@4ax.com> <s5c6mht6svpvmgcqufj2l2ujq6l0tpvmc0@4ax.com> <tjvbrg$1cq76$5@dont-email.me> <efo6mh9qfumi1n29rqhtrasq8hfj9gd7b2@4ax.com> <tk03er$1ei45$5@dont-email.me>
 by: Charles Ellson - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 00:08 UTC

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:59:55 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
<recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

>Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 03:17:04 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
>> <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Surely manslaughter is a significant charge?
>>>
>> Yes in the Park Royal case but I was addressing the more general stuff
>> where the eventual court case doesn't provide any interesting
>> reporting. Nothing seems to have been reported about the PR driver
>> since he was reported as being in critical condition and in a
>> medically-induced coma just under two months ago. It seems likely that
>> one way or another he is still unfit to be charged.
>>

>As I said, the BBC reported that he was discharged from hospital last
>month, and charged with manslaughter this week, and then released on bail.

Have you got a link? I have poked Google with various details and
found nothing fresher than the above.

Re: Woman killed as car ends up on Tube tracks

<tk1nd3$1is8l$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4993&group=uk.transport.london#4993

From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 00:46:27 -0000 (UTC)
<tjvbrg$1cq76$5@dont-email.me>
<efo6mh9qfumi1n29rqhtrasq8hfj9gd7b2@4ax.com>
<tk03er$1ei45$5@dont-email.me>
<5rk8mhhnrs39mhh0ikb5nitsm3mknv0946@4ax.com>
sha1:j1xKlaKhLh5ERl67dJn4ZNWbNGM=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 00:46 UTC

Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:59:55 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
> <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> Yes in the Park Royal case but I was addressing the more general stuff
>>> where the eventual court case doesn't provide any interesting
>>> reporting. Nothing seems to have been reported about the PR driver
>>> since he was reported as being in critical condition and in a
>>> medically-induced coma just under two months ago. It seems likely that
>>> one way or another he is still unfit to be charged.
>>>

>> As I said, the BBC reported that he was discharged from hospital last
>> month, and charged with manslaughter this week, and then released on bail.
>>
> Have you got a link? I have poked Google with various details and
> found nothing fresher than the above.

Follow the thread: I can't find any confirmation in print. That's what
we've been discussing. But I'm sure you can find the local news report of
it on iPlayer.