Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 07:25:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: TalkTalk HG635 on VDSL with multiple static IP addresses
From: timothy.j.chick@gmail.com (Tim Chick)
 by: Tim Chick - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:25 UTC

On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 15:19:34 UTC, Abandoned Trolley wrote:
> hi there
>
> If there's anybody out there using the TalkTalk business service on VDSL
> with MORE THAN ONE static IP address, then I would be interested to hear
> from you if you have managed to separate them in any way using the
> supplied "super" router - which appears to be a Huawei HG635 with custom
> firmware.
>
> Alternatively, if you fancy having a rant about TalkTalk, Huawei or
> Openreach, or giving me a lecture about how I don't need the static IP
> addresses in the first place then maybe you could give this one a miss.
>
> AT
>
> ---
> https://www.avg.com

Yes, I have this setup. You get 4 ip addresses in a block. Any openwrt router can do the port forward based on destination ip address. I'm using a Asus router which I've stuck my own firmware on. Now have FTTP, but when I had VSDL, used a Broadcom router in bridged mode - gave me 10% more throughput compared to talk talk router.

Re: TalkTalk HG635 on VDSL with multiple static IP addresses

<u6v6h0$2ulhp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5285&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5285

From: fred@fredsmith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:55:11 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:55 UTC

On 21/06/2023 15:25, Tim Chick wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 15:19:34 UTC, Abandoned Trolley wrote:
>> hi there
>>
>> If there's anybody out there using the TalkTalk business service on VDSL
>> with MORE THAN ONE static IP address, then I would be interested to hear
>> from you if you have managed to separate them in any way using the
>> supplied "super" router - which appears to be a Huawei HG635 with custom
>> firmware.
>>
>> Alternatively, if you fancy having a rant about TalkTalk, Huawei or
>> Openreach, or giving me a lecture about how I don't need the static IP
>> addresses in the first place then maybe you could give this one a miss.
>>
>> AT
>>
>> ---
>> https://www.avg.com
>
> Yes, I have this setup. You get 4 ip addresses in a block. Any openwrt router can do the port forward based on destination ip address. I'm using a Asus router which I've stuck my own firmware on. Now have FTTP, but when I had VSDL, used a Broadcom router in bridged mode - gave me 10% more throughput compared to talk talk router.

interesting

although I am not sure why you have responded to a thread that's more
than 4 years old, and still made no attempt to answer the original question.

All part of the enduring charm of the internet ...

--
random signature text inserted here