I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: let the Wookie win. -- C3P0

aus+uk / uk.telecom.broadband / Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UK ‘greedflation’ with major price hikes

SubjectAuthor
* Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
+* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKMark Carver
|`- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UK ‘greedflation’ with major ponyface
+* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKAndy Burns
|+- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKMark Carver
|`* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJeff Gaines
| +* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKAndy Burns
| |`- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UK ?greedflation? with major Ken
| `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
|  +* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKAndy Burns
|  |`* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
|  | `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UK ‘greedflation’ with major Theo
|  |  `- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UK ‘greedflation’ with major ponyface
|  `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJeff Gaines
|   `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
|    `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJeff Gaines
|     `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKRichmond
|      `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
|       `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKRichmond
|        `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
|         `* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKRichmond
|          `- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKJava Jive
+* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accusedChris
|`* Re: Mobile and broadband firms accusedTweed
| `- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accusedChris
`- Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UKAbandoned_Trolley

Pages:12
Re: Mobile and broadband firms accused of fuelling UK ‘greedflation’ with major price hikes

<qaqdna_NodzxigL5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5359&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5359

Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 18:57:11 +0100
Subject: Re:_Mobile_and_broadband_firms_accused_of_fuelling_UK_‘greedflation’_with_major_price_hikes
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
From: dennis.gange@gmail.com (ponyface)
 by: ponyface - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 17:57 UTC

On 29/06/2023 09:47, Theo wrote:
> In uk.telecom.broadband Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Not exactly, there are all sorts of starting prices, just that they
>>> happen to go up at RPI+X% or CPI+X%, if you shop around (or even renew
>>> contract without moving) it's still possible to pay less or get more.
>>
>> The point of the report seems to be that seemingly all or nearly all of
>> the market are upping their prices by inflation (however measured) +
>> 3.9%. However achieved, the commonality of the 3.9% part seems like
>> price-fixing to me.
>
> When I phoned up Plusnet to cancel my impending switch to them, on the
> grounds that their 'fixed' price contract wasn't, using significant weasel
> words (it said it was fixed in big letters, but the CPI+3.9% was in the
> small print), the guy I spoke to was grumpy that I was cancelling and whined
> that 'everyone does it, there's no point going elsewhere'.
>
> Which sounds like an admission of price fixing.
>
> (although not necessarily collusion)
>
> Theo

well I think it was collusion and price fixing, why 3.9% why not 2.9 or
9.2% just pick a number and go.