The happiest time of a person's life is after his first divorce. -- J. K. Galbraith

aus+uk / uk.transport.london / Re: extension Ticketing enquiry

SubjectAuthor
* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
`* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
 `* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
  `* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
   `* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    +* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    |+- Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |`* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    | `* extension Ticketing enquiryJohn Levine
    |  +- extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |  +* extension Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |  |`- extension Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    |  `* extension Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    |   `* extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |    +* extension Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |    |`* extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |    | +* extension Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |    | |`* extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |    | | `* extension Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |    | |  `* extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |    | |   `* extension Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |    | |    `* extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |    | |     `- extension Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |    | +* extension Ticketing enquiryD A Stocks
    |    | |`- extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    |    | `- extension Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    |    `* extension Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    |     `- extension Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    +* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |+* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    ||`* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    || `* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    ||  `- Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    |`* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    | +* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    | |+* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    | ||`* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    | || `* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    | ||  `- Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    | |`* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    | | `* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    | |  +- Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    | |  `* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    | |   +* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    | |   |`* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    | |   | `- Ticketing enquiryRecliner
    | |   `* Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    | |    +- Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    | |    `- Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
    | `- Ticketing enquiryRoland Perry
    `* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
     `* Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall
      `* Ticketing enquiryRecliner
       `- Ticketing enquiryGraeme Wall

Pages:123
Re: extension Ticketing enquiry

<ulib0o$21775$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5421&group=uk.transport.london#5421

From: rail@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
Subject: Re: extension Ticketing enquiry
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:56:08 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:56 UTC

On 15/12/2023 06:27, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <uleddj$1a3q4$3@dont-email.me>, at 08:12:35 on Thu, 14 Dec
> 2023, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:
>> On 14/12/2023 07:19, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> In message <uld728$2dck$3@gal.iecc.com>, at 21:18:00 on Wed, 13 Dec
>>> 2023, John Levine <johnl@taugh.com> remarked:

>>>  Because...

>>>  ...you have to tap your Oyster card on the TVM for *everything* you
>>> buy.
>
>>>  Like PAYG credit, a Travelcard, a Bus/Tram pass, or the Travelcard
>>> Extension.
>>
>> Presumably when you tap out, it takes the extension ticket into
>> consideration.
>
> After the journey, you mean? Yes, it would be loaded on the Oyster card
> at the time of purchase. But does every station "in the zones" (up to
> Z6+5 = Z11) have a facility to tap out. And what if you have an onward
> National Rail ticket from the extended-to station, do you have to get
> off, tap out, then catch the next train to your ultimate destination?

I was staying on TfL routes so that didn't arise.
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: extension Ticketing enquiry

<x04fN.32463$ogWb.4694@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5422&group=uk.transport.london#5422

Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
<ulfsv1$1i1l8$2@dont-email.me>
<NRKeN.12066$Do46.6579@fx08.ams1>
<uliava$21775$10@dont-email.me>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 22:01:01 GMT
 by: Recliner - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 22:01 UTC

Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 14/12/2023 21:55, Recliner wrote:
>> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> The last is what I will be doing. Though, if I remember I will look out
>>> for those options. Trouble is I haven't used a TfL ticket machine for
>>> many years.
>>
>> As Roland reported, it's a prominent menu option from the main screen
>> (bottom right). You then get offered extensions to Oyster or paper
>> Travelcards. Couldn't be easier, but certainly could be cheaper.
>>

> Having done the trip today, I went with the day return to Waterloo then
> contactless from Waterloo to Chesham and back. I did think of checking
> out the TfL ticket machines at Waterloo but they were swamped by,
> presumably, tourists, trying to work out what they needed to do.

Yes, I think you picked the best option.

Did you spot the Chesham water tank?

Re: extension Ticketing enquiry

<uljmv7$2bee1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5423&group=uk.transport.london#5423

From: rail@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 08:26:15 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 08:26 UTC

On 15/12/2023 22:01, Recliner wrote:
> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> As Roland reported, it's a prominent menu option from the main screen
>>> (bottom right). You then get offered extensions to Oyster or paper
>>> Travelcards. Couldn't be easier, but certainly could be cheaper.
>>>

>> Having done the trip today, I went with the day return to Waterloo then
>> contactless from Waterloo to Chesham and back. I did think of checking
>> out the TfL ticket machines at Waterloo but they were swamped by,
>> presumably, tourists, trying to work out what they needed to do.
>
> Yes, I think you picked the best option.
>
> Did you spot the Chesham water tank?

On the right of the track as you arrive? Didn't get the opportunity to
get a good look at it as the station was full of kids breaking up from
school and I had a funeral to get to. By the time I got back it was dark.
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: extension Ticketing enquiry

<NvgfN.32474$ogWb.21472@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5426&group=uk.transport.london#5426

Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 12:13:33 GMT
 by: Recliner - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 12:13 UTC

Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 15/12/2023 22:01, Recliner wrote:
>> Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Having done the trip today, I went with the day return to Waterloo then
>>> contactless from Waterloo to Chesham and back. I did think of checking
>>> out the TfL ticket machines at Waterloo but they were swamped by,
>>> presumably, tourists, trying to work out what they needed to do.
>>
>> Yes, I think you picked the best option.
>>
>> Did you spot the Chesham water tank?
>>

> On the right of the track as you arrive?

No, it's on the platform, at the end of the station building. It's one of
the reasons the station is listed.

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1401704?section=comments-and-photos