From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Full Marks to Talkmobile
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 12:25:56 +0000
 by: Davey - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 12:25 UTC

I lost my mobile 'phone, with a Talkmobile SIM. I tried to block it
using the website, but it wanted to send me a one-time code to the
'phone to log me on, so that was no good.
There was a contact 'phone number clearly displayed on the website,and
I called it and talked to A HUMAN! I explained that I had lost my
'phone, and the girl immediately blocked the SIM, and set in process
the sending of a replacement one, free of charge. Excellent service.
When the SIM arrived, I put it into an old handset, and it did what it
could, but obviously could not connect, as it was not yet activated.
The girl had said that I would need to call them to activate it, but I
tried the website anyway, and again, I could not receive the code.
There was the usual Chat button, and dreading the usual dreadful
chatbot experience, I tried it anyway. The chatbot exhibited perfect
understanding of my problem, and when it needed to, handed me over to
ANOTHER HUMAN! Together, with no problem, we confirmed my identity,
the number on the SIM, and it was activated. 'Jess' also restored access
to my online account, as it had been locked out when I could not
complete the activation process.
Everything went as well as I could have hoped for. If only every
company would implement such a system. I usually end up insulting
chatbots, as they refuse to understand plain English.
A Happy Talkmobile customer.
--
Davey.