From: graham-usenet@mail.com (Graham.)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: IX Wireless
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 21:39:57 +0100
 by: Graham. - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 20:39 UTC

IX Wireless AKA 6G Internet AKA Cohiba Communications Limited have
been blighting swaths of the North of England with their unnecessary
wooden telegraph poles and steel radio masts.

The poles simply carry fibre to their microwave radio base stations,
customers get an antenna on their roof.

They have now started to erect their unsightly infrastructure in the
immediate neighbouring streets around here. We are well served with
FTTH courtesy of Openreach, and Virgin/O2 are currently rolling out
their own FTTH. Both the above services use the existing underground
ducts and poles.

IX on the other hand are not using any existing infrastructure and
brag about it on their website as if it's an advantage.

They have got to this point by cynically taking advantage of
relaxations of the planning rules (so-called Permitted Development)
and a good measure of bribery of local councilors.

I know deep down that this firm will fold in five or six years, no
doubt leaving their poles behind and their board members very rich
men.

Anyone got some anecdotes to add

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/11/ix-wireless-fined-for-unauthorised-broadband-build-in-bury.html

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/silent-blackburn-telecoms-firm-gave-25997093

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2022-12-07/broadband-firm-accused-of-ignoring-residents-complaints

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Re: IX Wireless

<uad2bo$3vtdr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5497&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5497

From: fred@fredsmith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Re: IX Wireless
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 08:58:48 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 07:58 UTC

On 18/07/2023 21:39, Graham. wrote:
> IX Wireless AKA 6G Internet AKA Cohiba Communications Limited have
> been blighting swaths of the North of England with their unnecessary
> wooden telegraph poles and steel radio masts.
>
> The poles simply carry fibre to their microwave radio base stations,
> customers get an antenna on their roof.
>
> They have now started to erect their unsightly infrastructure in the
> immediate neighbouring streets around here. We are well served with
> FTTH courtesy of Openreach, and Virgin/O2 are currently rolling out
> their own FTTH. Both the above services use the existing underground
> ducts and poles.
>
> IX on the other hand are not using any existing infrastructure and
> brag about it on their website as if it's an advantage.
>
> They have got to this point by cynically taking advantage of
> relaxations of the planning rules (so-called Permitted Development)
> and a good measure of bribery of local councilors.
>
> I know deep down that this firm will fold in five or six years, no
> doubt leaving their poles behind and their board members very rich
> men.
>
> Anyone got some anecdotes to add
>
> https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/11/ix-wireless-fined-for-unauthorised-broadband-build-in-bury.html
>
> https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/silent-blackburn-telecoms-firm-gave-25997093