From: me@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Ping Bob Pullen, Plusnet
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 21:10:11 +0100
 by: NY - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 20:10 UTC

Bob

You've posted replies in the past when Plusnet users have had problems with
their service. Are you still available for helping in this way?

I've got a problem with my parents' Plusnet email accounts which have just
been deleted without sufficient warning to get the closure countermanded,
because PN *apparently* received a closure request (though not one from my
parents). Both the notification and the closure occurred on 27 July, and the
effect was noticed on the following day when no new emails arrived and mail
clients/webmail got "bad username/password" errors.

See thread
https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Email-accounts-addresses-deleted-without-requesting-it-due/td-p/1931859

I'm not confident that PN support and complaint-escalation are taking it
seriously enough. The impact for my parents of losing their email addresses
is catastrophic, because of the overwhelming task of notifying a large
number of people (users of a website that they run, and a variety of
departments of the NHS managing my father's dementia) of a change of
address.

If you're still around, is there a way that we can discuss this privately,
by email or phone?

Martin Underwood

Re: Ping Bob Pullen, Plusnet

<kiqkb6F6qntU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5488&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5488

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Re: Ping Bob Pullen, Plusnet
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 21:36:55 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 20:36 UTC

NY wrote:

> You've posted replies in the past when Plusnet users have had problems
> with their service. Are you still available for helping in this way?

plusnet.service.customer-feedback is another "hailing frequency" for Bob

Re: Ping Bob Pullen, Plusnet

<ua96gi$3cjmi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5489&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5489

From: me@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 21:44:42 +0100
 by: NY - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 20:44 UTC

"Andy Burns" <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote in message
> NY wrote:
>
>> You've posted replies in the past when Plusnet users have had problems
>> with their service. Are you still available for helping in this way?
>
> plusnet.service.customer-feedback is another "hailing frequency" for Bob

Thanks. I had to go back to my Plusnet news server config to find the group
and post to it, because eternal-september doesn't carry it.

Re: Ping Bob Pullen, Plusnet

<UNmcnW5TlN8NvFf5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5501&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5501

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 10:27:43 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
From: support@plus.net (Plusnet Support Team)
 by: Plusnet Support Team - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 09:27 UTC

On 31/07/2023 21:36, Andy Burns wrote:
> NY wrote:
>
>> You've posted replies in the past when Plusnet users have had problems
>> with their service. Are you still available for helping in this way?
>
> plusnet.service.customer-feedback is another "hailing frequency" for Bob

I've replied over there.