From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: SOT: iPad Mini 2
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 14:54:50 +0000
 by: Scott - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 14:54 UTC

I suppose this is now almost a history question. My iPad Mini 2 does
not seem to charge and function at the same time. At first, I thought
this was because the charger (iPhone charger) was underpowered but now
I have tried an 18 Watt (USB-C) charger and still it would not charge.
Does anyone know: is this device supposed to be able to charge and
function simultaneously?

PS. Just thinking: why is it not called an iFone in the USA :-)

Re: SOT: iPad Mini 2

<ujli7l$1ekqn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5550&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5550

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: SOT: iPad Mini 2
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:45:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ytLsIOA5I23UZfLAq+CVtTOESDg=
 by: Tweed - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:45 UTC

Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> I suppose this is now almost a history question. My iPad Mini 2 does
> not seem to charge and function at the same time. At first, I thought
> this was because the charger (iPhone charger) was underpowered but now
> I have tried an 18 Watt (USB-C) charger and still it would not charge.
> Does anyone know: is this device supposed to be able to charge and
> function simultaneously?
>
> PS. Just thinking: why is it not called an iFone in the USA :-)

If it is a relatively old iPad then your USB-C charger may still be
charging it at a slow rate. The iPad won’t be speaking the right language
to make the charger switch to a higher rate. You probably need an Apple
charger like this one
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MGN03B/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter

Re: SOT: iPad Mini 2

<trkulit1igoeetu1lejn6vssac1lnebc7m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5557&group=uk.telecom.mobile#5557

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:30:54 +0000
 by: Scott - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:30 UTC

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:45:09 -0000 (UTC), Tweed
<usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote:

>Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>> I suppose this is now almost a history question. My iPad Mini 2 does
>> not seem to charge and function at the same time. At first, I thought
>> this was because the charger (iPhone charger) was underpowered but now
>> I have tried an 18 Watt (USB-C) charger and still it would not charge.
>> Does anyone know: is this device supposed to be able to charge and
>> function simultaneously?
>>
>> PS. Just thinking: why is it not called an iFone in the USA :-)
>>
>If it is a relatively old iPad then your USB-C charger may still be
>charging it at a slow rate. The iPad won’t be speaking the right language
>to make the charger switch to a higher rate. You probably need an Apple
>charger like this one
>https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MGN03B/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter

Thanks. I wondered about that (though it does seem faster than the 5W
iPhone charger). I suppose the logical next step is to try to find the
original charger that came with the device. Is it definite that
(older) iPads are designed to charge and function at the same time?