From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Hotpoint 'Help' chat.
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 17:09:18 +0100
 by: Davey - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 16:09 UTC

I recently bought a new Hotpoont dishwasher, to replace the old ne,
which was in the house when I moved in in late 2010, and had reached
its time limit. It had no problem accepting and washing my large dinner
plates, I could always spin the upper spray arms with no interference.
Bu the new one, although it has some nifty design features, will not
accept the same plates, when loaded as normal, the plates obstruct the
upper arms. Not good.
so I decided to try Hotpoint help this afternoon. This is a transcript
of the chat.

Chat Started
(Entered required name etc info.)

4:52 PM My previous dishwasher, an Aquarius model, had no problem with
my large dinner plates. But my new DFW30 will not accept them.

4:52 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't recognize that. Please try again. Please enter your
primary telephone number

4:52 PM
(correct number entered again)

4:52 PM
Thank you for contacting us.

4:52 PM
Hello, I am Walter, Whirlpool's virtual assistant. Please type how
I can help you today? For example "Book a repair or, where is my
engineer?"

4:53 PM
I asked a question, I want an answer to it.

4:53 PM
I'm a sample FAQ bot. I can give information about chatbots and how to
build them with API.AI.

Sorry, live chat is closed at the moment, please message us Whatsapp on
+447584475915 and we will respond to your query next working day. You
can amend, cancel or book a repair yourself via
https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/easyservice?soid=#/loginuk .

GenesysTerminateChat 4:53 PM

Chat Ended

But I don't do Whatsapp, or any of its ilk. I'll try again on
Monday. Stupid chatbot. They should be outlawed.

--
Davey.

Re: Hotpoint 'Help' chat.

<ubqph0$tdug$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5618&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5618

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Re: Hotpoint 'Help' chat.
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 17:10:07 +0100
 by: Davey - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 16:10 UTC

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 17:09:18 +0100
Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:

> I recently bought a new Hotpoont dishwasher, to replace the old ne,
> which was in the house when I moved in in late 2010, and had reached
> its time limit. It had no problem accepting and washing my large
> dinner plates, I could always spin the upper spray arms with no
> interference. Bu the new one, although it has some nifty design
> features, will not accept the same plates, when loaded as normal, the
> plates obstruct the upper arms. Not good.
> so I decided to try Hotpoint help this afternoon. This is a transcript
> of the chat.

> Chat Started
>
> (Entered required name etc info.)
>
> 4:52 PM My previous dishwasher, an Aquarius model, had no problem with
> my large dinner plates. But my new DFW30 will not accept them.
>
> 4:52 PM
> I'm sorry, I didn't recognize that. Please try again. Please enter
> your primary telephone number
>
> 4:52 PM
> (correct number entered again)
>
> 4:52 PM
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> 4:52 PM
> Hello, I am Walter, Whirlpool's virtual assistant. Please type how
> I can help you today? For example "Book a repair or, where is my
> engineer?"
>
> 4:53 PM
> I asked a question, I want an answer to it.
>
> 4:53 PM
> I'm a sample FAQ bot. I can give information about chatbots and how to
> build them with API.AI.
>
> Sorry, live chat is closed at the moment, please message us Whatsapp
> on +447584475915 and we will respond to your query next working day.
> You can amend, cancel or book a repair yourself via
> https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/easyservice?soid=#/loginuk .
>
> GenesysTerminateChat 4:53 PM
>
> Chat Ended
>
> But I don't do Whatsapp, or any of its ilk. I'll try again on
> Monday. Stupid chatbot. They should be outlawed.

Oops, wrong NG. Moved to D-I-Y

--
Davey.

Re: Hotpoint 'Help' chat.

<ImKdnWDvbvWeuH_5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5623&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5623

Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:36:53 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
From: dennis.gange@gmail.com (ponyface)
 by: ponyface - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 14:36 UTC

On 19/08/2023 17:09, Davey wrote:

> I recently bought a new Hotpoont dishwasher, to replace the old ne,
> which was in the house when I moved in in late 2010, and had reached
> its time limit. It had no problem accepting and washing my large dinner
> plates, I could always spin the upper spray arms with no interference.
> Bu the new one, although it has some nifty design features, will not
> accept the same plates, when loaded as normal, the plates obstruct the
> upper arms. Not good.
> so I decided to try Hotpoint help this afternoon. This is a transcript
> of the chat.

> Chat Started
>
> (Entered required name etc info.)
>
> 4:52 PM My previous dishwasher, an Aquarius model, had no problem with
> my large dinner plates. But my new DFW30 will not accept them.
>
> 4:52 PM
> I'm sorry, I didn't recognize that. Please try again. Please enter your
> primary telephone number
>
> 4:52 PM
> (correct number entered again)
>
> 4:52 PM
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> 4:52 PM
> Hello, I am Walter, Whirlpool's virtual assistant. Please type how
> I can help you today? For example "Book a repair or, where is my
> engineer?"
>
> 4:53 PM
> I asked a question, I want an answer to it.
>
> 4:53 PM
> I'm a sample FAQ bot. I can give information about chatbots and how to
> build them with API.AI.
>
> Sorry, live chat is closed at the moment, please message us Whatsapp on
> +447584475915 and we will respond to your query next working day. You
> can amend, cancel or book a repair yourself via
> https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/easyservice?soid=#/loginuk .
>
> GenesysTerminateChat 4:53 PM
>
> Chat Ended
>
> But I don't do Whatsapp, or any of its ilk. I'll try again on
> Monday. Stupid chatbot. They should be outlawed.

most dishwashers have the ability to raise or lower the top basket, have
you checked this ?

Re: Hotpoint 'Help' chat.

<ubtrn7$1h42a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5626&group=uk.telecom.broadband#5626

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 21:05:59 +0100
 by: Davey - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 20:05 UTC

On Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:36:53 +0100
ponyface <dennis.gange@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/08/2023 17:09, Davey wrote:
> >
> > I recently bought a new Hotpoont dishwasher, to replace the old ne,
> > which was in the house when I moved in in late 2010, and had reached
> > its time limit. It had no problem accepting and washing my large
> > dinner plates, I could always spin the upper spray arms with no
> > interference. Bu the new one, although it has some nifty design
> > features, will not accept the same plates, when loaded as normal,
> > the plates obstruct the upper arms. Not good.
> > so I decided to try Hotpoint help this afternoon. This is a
> > transcript of the chat.

> > Chat Started
> >
> > (Entered required name etc info.)
> >
> > 4:52 PM My previous dishwasher, an Aquarius model, had no problem
> > with my large dinner plates. But my new DFW30 will not accept them.
> >
> > 4:52 PM
> > I'm sorry, I didn't recognize that. Please try again. Please enter
> > your primary telephone number
> >
> > 4:52 PM
> > (correct number entered again)
> >
> > 4:52 PM
> > Thank you for contacting us.
> >
> > 4:52 PM
> > Hello, I am Walter, Whirlpool's virtual assistant. Please type how
> > I can help you today? For example "Book a repair or, where is my
> > engineer?"
> >
> > 4:53 PM
> > I asked a question, I want an answer to it.
> >
> > 4:53 PM
> > I'm a sample FAQ bot. I can give information about chatbots and how
> > to build them with API.AI.
> >
> > Sorry, live chat is closed at the moment, please message us
> > Whatsapp on +447584475915 and we will respond to your query next
> > working day. You can amend, cancel or book a repair yourself via
> > https://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/easyservice?soid=#/loginuk .
> >
> > GenesysTerminateChat 4:53 PM
> >
> > Chat Ended
> >
> > But I don't do Whatsapp, or any of its ilk. I'll try again on
> > Monday. Stupid chatbot. They should be outlawed.
> >

> most dishwashers have the ability to raise or lower the top basket,
> have you checked this ?

This thread was moved to d-i-y.

--
Davey.