From: Gordon@leaf.net.nz (Gordon)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Subject: Getting back to school lunches
Date: 1 May 2024 07:43:43 GMT
 by: Gordon - Wed, 1 May 2024 07:43 UTC

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350264225/free-school-lunches-scheme-get-temporary-funding-until-review-complete

Just in case someone misses this. It sets out a bit of the recent history.

It seems to me that it is a bit of going into the too hard basket. The
Government will need it chunking it down machine working hard on this.

At present it seems that there is uncertainty around value for money for the
previous scheme which needs to be fixed, who want to have their hard earnt
money spent for no gain.

My cynical side says that the Government has underestimated the complexity
of the situation and is now walking back. while promising to keep the
funding up while more data and study of the situation takes place.

Re: Getting back to school lunches

<0mt33jpuvo8blsbq16naio7fkpicc2umfd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5745&group=nz.general#5745

From: Rich80105@hotmail.com (Rich80105)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Subject: Re: Getting back to school lunches
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 20:01:31 +1200
 by: Rich80105 - Wed, 1 May 2024 08:01 UTC

On 1 May 2024 07:43:43 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

>https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350264225/free-school-lunches-scheme-get-temporary-funding-until-review-complete
>
>Just in case someone misses this. It sets out a bit of the recent history.
>
>It seems to me that it is a bit of going into the too hard basket. The
>Government will need it chunking it down machine working hard on this.
>
>At present it seems that there is uncertainty around value for money for the
>previous scheme which needs to be fixed, who want to have their hard earnt
>money spent for no gain.
>
>My cynical side says that the Government has underestimated the complexity
>of the situation and is now walking back. while promising to keep the
>funding up while more data and study of the situation takes place.

It looks more like a direct result of the political poll results . . .

Re: Getting back to school lunches

<part1of1.1.qAEH$k1bmPNAiw@ue.ph>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5749&group=nz.general#5749

From: lizandtony@orcon.net.nz (Tony)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 08:14:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tony - Wed, 1 May 2024 08:14 UTC

Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 1 May 2024 07:43:43 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350264225/free-school-lunches-scheme-get-temporary-funding-until-review-complete
>>
>>Just in case someone misses this. It sets out a bit of the recent history.
>>
>>It seems to me that it is a bit of going into the too hard basket. The
>>Government will need it chunking it down machine working hard on this.
>>
>>At present it seems that there is uncertainty around value for money for the
>>previous scheme which needs to be fixed, who want to have their hard earnt
>>money spent for no gain.
>>
>>My cynical side says that the Government has underestimated the complexity
>>of the situation and is now walking back. while promising to keep the
>>funding up while more data and study of the situation takes place.
>
>It looks more like a direct result of the political poll results . . .
Only to a political nonentity like you.

aus+uk / nz.general / Re: Getting back to school lunches