From: Muttley@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
Subject: Will someone sue TfL?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:44:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Muttley@dastardlyhq.com - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:44 UTC

The noise from the train on the victoria line from finsbury to highbury was
utterly unbearable today. It must've been over 100db at points and even with
headphones on I couldn't even hear the music! With them off it was borderline
painful. Clearly TfL/LU don't seem to be interested in sorting the track out as
its been getting worse for months so perhaps its time for them to be sued for
potential hearing damage to its passengers?

Re: Will someone sue TfL?

<r26qrihfkg42rqic9ptgc3u9bmoc7ileg7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5797&group=uk.transport.london#5797

From: peter@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
Subject: Re: Will someone sue TfL?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 16:30:58 +0000
 by: Peter Johnson - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 16:30 UTC

On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:44:26 -0000 (UTC), Muttley@dastardlyhq.com
wrote:

>The noise from the train on the victoria line from finsbury to highbury was
>utterly unbearable today. It must've been over 100db at points and even with
>headphones on I couldn't even hear the music! With them off it was borderline
>painful. Clearly TfL/LU don't seem to be interested in sorting the track out as
>its been getting worse for months so perhaps its time for them to be sued for
>potential hearing damage to its passengers?

I've read something this week about work being done to deal with noisy
track on the underground but I don't remember where it was. Obviously
not something that'll happen very quickly.

Re: Will someone sue TfL?

<upj6os$2mb3i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5798&group=uk.transport.london#5798

From: Muttley@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 16:54:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Muttley@dastardlyhq.com - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 16:54 UTC

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 16:30:58 +0000
Peter Johnson <peter@parksidewood.nospam> wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:44:26 -0000 (UTC), Muttley@dastardlyhq.com
>wrote:
>
>>The noise from the train on the victoria line from finsbury to highbury was
>>utterly unbearable today. It must've been over 100db at points and even with
>>headphones on I couldn't even hear the music! With them off it was borderline
>>painful. Clearly TfL/LU don't seem to be interested in sorting the track out
>as
>>its been getting worse for months so perhaps its time for them to be sued for
>>potential hearing damage to its passengers?
>
>I've read something this week about work being done to deal with noisy
>track on the underground but I don't remember where it was. Obviously
>not something that'll happen very quickly.

It would seem not. But thats LU through and through.