From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: More Asda Mobile bullshittery
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 14:25:18 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 14:25 UTC

Friday night, I tried to renew my data+minutes bundle, but the friendly
automated voice told me that my card was not recognised.

So I had to call those muppets at Asda (not British, like somebody here
is falsely claiming, but I don't care as long as they do their job,
which they don't). I managed to speak to an operator, who after taking
15 mins to "validate" me, told me that they could take my payment but
only give me access a few hours later. No explanation to this, so I
said, I am out of here.

The day later I subscribed to Spusu and went to the Asda Mobile website
to request a PAC, which I received immediately.

This morning, Asda Mobile retention team called me. I said "why are you
calling me?", and this is where it gets comical, they replied "We can't
tell you why until you pass our security checks".

So I said "Hello? _You_ are calling me, why would I want to pass your
security checks? If anything, I want to run security checks on you".

"But we are just trying to help you" they replied.

That's where I hung up on them.

They may not be British, but they learnt British passive/aggressive
patronisation very well.

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: More Asda Mobile bullshittery

<XnsB12E8C37A943C1F3QA2@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6175&group=uk.telecom.mobile#6175

From: pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Re: More Asda Mobile bullshittery
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:47:02 GMT
 by: Pamela - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 13:47 UTC

On 14:25 4 Mar 2024, Ottavio Caruso said:

> Friday night, I tried to renew my data+minutes bundle, but the
> friendly automated voice told me that my card was not recognised.
>
> So I had to call those muppets at Asda (not British, like somebody
> here is falsely claiming, but I don't care as long as they do their
> job, which they don't). I managed to speak to an operator, who after
> taking 15 mins to "validate" me, told me that they could take my
> payment but only give me access a few hours later. No explanation to
> this, so I said, I am out of here.
>
> The day later I subscribed to Spusu and went to the Asda Mobile
> website to request a PAC, which I received immediately.
>
> This morning, Asda Mobile retention team called me. I said "why are
> you calling me?", and this is where it gets comical, they replied "We
> can't tell you why until you pass our security checks".
>
> So I said "Hello? _You_ are calling me, why would I want to pass your
> security checks? If anything, I want to run security checks on you".
>
> "But we are just trying to help you" they replied.
>
> That's where I hung up on them.
>
> They may not be British, but they learnt British passive/aggressive
> patronisation very well.

It may have been annoying but it's to protect your privacy.