From: rgsub1@btinternet.com (RayG)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: EE Broadband and Hybrid Connect
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:24:33 +0000
 by: RayG - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:24 UTC

Does anyone here use EE Broadband and have one of their Hybrid Connect devices
working correctly.

I have just transferred to EE BB from BT BB and the Hybrid connect says no 4G
signal but I am in line of sight with two masts that carry EE Mobile so EE tell
me. I have two units at the present time and both have the same issue.

I have even added a couple of aerials to the back and that made no difference.

--
Regards

RayG

Re: EE Broadband and Hybrid Connect

<ujqqi2$2e3ob$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6225&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6225

From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Re: EE Broadband and Hybrid Connect
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 18:37:52 +0000
 by: Woody - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 18:37 UTC

On Fri 24/11/2023 17:24, RayG wrote:
> Does anyone here use EE Broadband and have one of their Hybrid Connect
> devices working correctly.
>
> I have just transferred to EE BB from BT BB and the Hybrid connect says
> no 4G signal but I am in line of sight with two masts that carry EE
> Mobile so EE tell me. I have two units at the present time and both have
> the same issue.
>
> I have even added a couple of aerials to the back and that made no
> difference.

The masts may carry EE signals but there's nothing that says they carry
4G. Stupid question but why change from BT to EE being they are the same
company and use the same infrastructure?

Go to
coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee
and see what it shows. Then replace the ee at the end with bt and see
what it shows for them.

Re: EE Broadband and Hybrid Connect

<ujvokb$3afii$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6227&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6227

From: rgsub1@btinternet.com (RayG)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 15:35:39 +0000
 by: RayG - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 15:35 UTC

On 24/11/2023 18:37, Woody wrote:

> The masts may carry EE signals but there's nothing that says they carry 4G.
> Stupid question but why change from BT to EE being they are the same company and
> use the same infrastructure?

An e-mail from BT suggests that everyone will be moved over to EE BB at some
point. At least that is what I understood from the phone call that followed.

> Go to
> coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee
> and see what it shows. Then replace the ee at the end with bt and see what it
> shows for them.

It shows I have coverage but it looks like the signal is very weak from an app
on my phone

--
Regards

RayG

Re: EE Broadband and Hybrid Connect

<uk0c2h$3dib6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6232&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6232

From: nobody@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:07:21 +0000
 by: Graham J - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:07 UTC

RayG wrote:
> On 24/11/2023 18:37, Woody wrote:
>>
>> The masts may carry EE signals but there's nothing that says they
>> carry 4G. Stupid question but why change from BT to EE being they are
>> the same company and use the same infrastructure?
>
> An e-mail from BT suggests that everyone will be moved over to EE BB at
> some point. At least that is what I understood from the phone call that
> followed.
>

>> Go to
>> coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee
>> and see what it shows. Then replace the ee at the end with bt and see
>> what it shows for them.
>
> It shows I have coverage but it looks like the signal is very weak from
> an app on my phone

That's a really good reason for staying with a landline/FTTP connection.
Mobiles are only really costume jewellery.

--
Graham J