From: flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?24+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GAT Sunday 7th January 2024
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:51:39 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?24+ - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:51 UTC

Ar'ernoon from a bitter, overcast, dull but dry day here in South
Yorkshire. We had a few brief sunny periods earlier today but it's now
fully clouded over with a light chilling breeze, up to 10 mph gusts
from the NW. Temperature out there is now 4C but feeling more like 2C
with the barometric pressure rising quite quickly at 1029.3 mB and RH at
75%. Forecast is for the temperature to steadily fall to an overnight
low of 2C feeling more like -1C. The sky will get darker throughout the
afternoon with a good chance of showers too. Try to enjoy your day
everyone. Take care, stay warm and safe. Winter is on it's way and
it's going to get colder. :(
Somehow I lost a couple of hours this morning. I awoke, checked my
clock and it read 05:10. As it's a radio-controlled alarm clock, I
trusted it completely. I turned over carefully so as to not wake Sootie
who was spread-eagled across my feet. When I woke up again and checked
it was 08:00 so I decided to get up and prepare breakfast. In the
kitchen as I was toasting the bread and making the coffee, I glanced at
the kitchen clock (also an RC one). I was more than surprise that it
was reading almost 11:20. I rechecked the alarm on the bedside table
and it was reading around 08:20. Other checks confirmed that it was
well gone 11:20. It's a mystery as to what has happened, but I have
reset the alarm clock and shall monitor it throughout the day.
So Sootie breakfasted late around 11:30 and was in and out of the
house within a few minutes and is now in mid siesta on her bed. No sign
of Tabby yet today. She probably visited but gave up. I guess she'll
be back later.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�24+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..