From: flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?24+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: NHS problems ????
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 12:30:09 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?24+ - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:30 UTC

On Tuesday morning I saw my doctor in a 'same day appointment. She
booked me into hospital to have various tests. Theses included CT scan
of head, Ultrasound scans of neck, ecg, comprehensive BP checks and
blood test. A 'phone call from the hospital on Wednesday morning set
up a 10:00 appointment for Thursday. The tests were completed by the
afternoon and a half hour chat discussing all the results with the
consultant around 13:00 saw me clear and free to go home completely
reassured me of my condition. Hospital and GP waiting times don't seem
to be a problem in my postcode area. Neither on the dentistry side of
it. I have regular check ups arranged at the previous visit. When I
have occasionally had to visit the dentist for additional treatment,
broken tooth or the like, I've always been able to do this in the past
as well. I have been an NHS patient at same medical centre and dental
practice since 1980 and have never had a problem getting an appointment
or treatment. When I watch the media reports continually berating both
services it feels, to me, that I am watching reports from some 3rd
world country. Admittedly I had to wait for appointments for both my
cataract ops. But I was only out of action between September to the
following January before both eyes had been completed and ready to go.
Similar with a hernia repair back in 1996, that was diagnosed in late
autumn and the op carried out on Halloween.
I won't disclose my postcode as we don't want a huge influx of folk
putting additional stress and strain on our services.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�24+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: NHS problems ????

<l7v9meF3eo7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6419&group=uk.people.silversurfers#6419

From: littlelionne@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: NHS problems ????
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 12:47:26 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 11:47 UTC

On 12/04/2024 12:30, Flyi�g �u� 2�24+ wrote:
> On Tuesday morning I saw my doctor in a 'same day appointment. She
> booked me into hospital to have various tests. Theses included CT scan
> of head, Ultrasound scans of neck, ecg, comprehensive BP checks and
> blood test. A 'phone call from the hospital on Wednesday morning set
> up a 10:00 appointment for Thursday. The tests were completed by the
> afternoon and a half hour chat discussing all the results with the
> consultant around 13:00 saw me clear and free to go home completely
> reassured me of my condition. Hospital and GP waiting times don't seem
> to be a problem in my postcode area. Neither on the dentistry side of
> it. I have regular check ups arranged at the previous visit. When I
> have occasionally had to visit the dentist for additional treatment,
> broken tooth or the like, I've always been able to do this in the past
> as well. I have been an NHS patient at same medical centre and dental
> practice since 1980 and have never had a problem getting an appointment
> or treatment. When I watch the media reports continually berating both
> services it feels, to me, that I am watching reports from some 3rd
> world country. Admittedly I had to wait for appointments for both my
> cataract ops. But I was only out of action between September to the
> following January before both eyes had been completed and ready to go.
> Similar with a hernia repair back in 1996, that was diagnosed in late
> autumn and the op carried out on Halloween.
> I won't disclose my postcode as we don't want a huge influx of folk
> putting additional stress and strain on our services.

My GP, want an appointment? get on your pc at 8AM using the website and hope
you grab one. And that would mostly be a phone call to set up a face to face if
needed. Some non-urgent stuff can be done later, such as book a nurse for a
blood pressure check.

Dentist? Years ago husband and me, same dentistm, she retired, we were asigned
to different dentists at the same practice, then mine when private, and I wasn't
allowed to switch. He is still there, having been moved about other dentists
within that practice and I know some more are going private but he hasn't yet
been told his is.

I was lucky, found another NHS dentist, no availability there though, for new
patients.
--
kat