From: java@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Digital landline switch paused for vulnerable people
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:15:37 +0000
 by: Java Jive - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:15 UTC

Digital landline switch paused for vulnerable people
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67750235

"UK phone companies have paused making vulnerable customers switch to
digital landlines following "serious incidents" where telecare devices
stopped working.

Nearly two million people are thought to use such equipment, which can
be used to summon help in an emergency.

Digital landlines can fail in some circumstances, such as a power cut.

Phone providers have signed up to a charter under which people can only
be moved from an analogue to a digital line if there is no impact on
telecare."

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Digital landline switch paused for vulnerable people

<ulsgb1$3uft$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6423&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6423

From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 16:28:17 +0000
 by: Davey - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 16:28 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:15:37 +0000
Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:

> Digital landline switch paused for vulnerable people
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67750235
>
> "UK phone companies have paused making vulnerable customers switch to
> digital landlines following "serious incidents" where telecare
> devices stopped working.
>
> Nearly two million people are thought to use such equipment, which
> can be used to summon help in an emergency.
>
> Digital landlines can fail in some circumstances, such as a power cut.
>
> Phone providers have signed up to a charter under which people can
> only be moved from an analogue to a digital line if there is no
> impact on telecare."

Join the existing thread in uk.telecom at:
"Councils' doubts about digital lines for elderly and non-mobile"

--
Davey.