Are you a turtle?

aus+uk / uk.telecom.broadband / Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

SubjectAuthor
* Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesRoger Mills
+* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesWoody
|`* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesRoger Mills
| `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesRoger Morton
|  `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesRoger Mills
|   `- Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesMark Undrill
`* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesWoody
 `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
  +* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesSpike
  |`* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesWoody
  | `- Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesSpike
  +* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesWoody
  |`* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
  | `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesAndrew Benham
  |  `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
  |   `- Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
  `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesRichmond
   +- Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
   `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
    +* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesTheo
    |`- Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m
    `* Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesAndrew Benham
     `- Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call ratesT i m

1
Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<l0t27hFhk32U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6526&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6526

From: mills37.fslife@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 16:33:53 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 16:33 UTC

I signed up for a Sipgate Basic Plan in 2021. This is now called Starter
Plan as I understand it, and is no longer available to new customers.

I previously used the Sipgate account to provide a voice facility at my
holiday flat in Hampshire, using a Linksys PAP2T in conjunction with
internet via a 4G router.

I've now sold the flat, and have brought the PAP2T back to my main home
in Warwickshire - and am toying with using it for VoIP when landlines
are phased out - if not before. I've got Sipgate up and running on it
and have even managed to secure an additional free number with an
appropriate area code for my home - which I didn't think was possible.
I've also managed to edit the address for emergency services - subject
to verification when they send me a code in the post, which I again
thought was not possible with this plan. So far so good.

What I *haven't* been able to find out is the price of calls. It's a
long time since I made any, and I still have £9.40 of my original £10
credit left! When I log on to my dashboard, it tries to get me to
upgrade to a paid plan, but won't tell me about the tariff for my
existing plan. I've even tried using the Wayback Machine to find out
what Sipgate was saying a couple of years ago - but that only leads to
Sipgate.de - all in German!

Can those of you who are still using this plan please tell me what the
call rates are to 01/02/03 numbers, and whether calls are charged in
seconds or rounded up to the next minute.

I'm currently using Plusnet's 'Anytime' package which provides unlimited
calls to 01/02/03 numbers - but not mobiles. It now costs over £10 a
month but is probably cheaper than making calls with Plusnet without the
package because of their exorbitant call setup charges. However, since
we only make about 60 calls per month with a total duration of about 200
minutes, there's got to be a cheaper solution.

[If I could persuade SWMBO to make all her outgoing calls using her
mobile, we'd already have a solution because we've each got a Lebara
plan for under a fiver a month which provides unlimited calls to
landlines *and* mobiles as well as a reasonable amount of data - but she
has a fixation with using something akin to a landline phone when sh's
at home!]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<uobub5$2nh0a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6528&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6528

From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Subject: Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:31:48 +0000
 by: Woody - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:31 UTC

On Thu 18/01/2024 16:33, Roger Mills wrote:
> I signed up for a Sipgate Basic Plan in 2021. This is now called Starter
> Plan as I understand it, and is no longer available to new customers.
>
> I previously used the Sipgate account to provide a voice facility at my
> holiday flat in Hampshire, using a Linksys PAP2T in conjunction with
> internet via a 4G router.
>
> I've now sold the flat, and have brought the PAP2T back to my main home
> in Warwickshire - and am toying with using it for VoIP when landlines
> are phased out - if not before. I've got Sipgate up and running on it
> and have even managed to secure an additional free number with an
> appropriate area code for my home - which I didn't think was possible.
> I've also managed to edit the address for emergency services - subject
> to verification when they send me a code in the post, which I again
> thought was not possible with this plan. So far so good.
>
> What I *haven't* been able to find out is the price of calls. It's a
> long time since I made any, and I still have £9.40 of my original £10
> credit left! When I log on to my dashboard, it tries to get me to
> upgrade to a paid plan, but won't tell me about the tariff for my
> existing plan. I've even tried using the Wayback Machine to find out
> what Sipgate was saying a couple of years ago - but that only leads to
> Sipgate.de - all in German!
>
> Can those of you who are still using this plan please tell me what the
> call rates are to 01/02/03 numbers, and whether calls are charged in
> seconds or rounded up to the next minute.
>
> I'm currently using Plusnet's 'Anytime' package which provides unlimited
> calls to 01/02/03 numbers - but not mobiles. It now costs over £10 a
> month but is probably cheaper than making calls with Plusnet without the
> package because of their exorbitant call setup charges. However, since
> we only make about 60 calls per month with a total duration of about 200
> minutes, there's got to be a cheaper solution.
>
> [If I could persuade SWMBO to make all her outgoing calls using her
> mobile, we'd already have a solution because we've each got a Lebara
> plan for under a fiver a month which provides unlimited calls to
> landlines *and* mobiles as well as a reasonable amount of data - but she
> has a fixation with using something akin to a landline phone when sh's
> at home!]

Google is your friend:-
https://static.sipgate.com/sipgatebasic/download/sipgate-basic-tariffs.pdf

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<uobulc$2nh0a$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6529&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6529

From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:37:15 +0000
 by: Woody - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:37 UTC

On Thu 18/01/2024 16:33, Roger Mills wrote:
> I signed up for a Sipgate Basic Plan in 2021. This is now called Starter
> Plan as I understand it, and is no longer available to new customers.
>
> I previously used the Sipgate account to provide a voice facility at my
> holiday flat in Hampshire, using a Linksys PAP2T in conjunction with
> internet via a 4G router.
>
> I've now sold the flat, and have brought the PAP2T back to my main home
> in Warwickshire - and am toying with using it for VoIP when landlines
> are phased out - if not before. I've got Sipgate up and running on it
> and have even managed to secure an additional free number with an
> appropriate area code for my home - which I didn't think was possible.
> I've also managed to edit the address for emergency services - subject
> to verification when they send me a code in the post, which I again
> thought was not possible with this plan. So far so good.
>
> What I *haven't* been able to find out is the price of calls. It's a
> long time since I made any, and I still have £9.40 of my original £10
> credit left! When I log on to my dashboard, it tries to get me to
> upgrade to a paid plan, but won't tell me about the tariff for my
> existing plan. I've even tried using the Wayback Machine to find out
> what Sipgate was saying a couple of years ago - but that only leads to
> Sipgate.de - all in German!
>
> Can those of you who are still using this plan please tell me what the
> call rates are to 01/02/03 numbers, and whether calls are charged in
> seconds or rounded up to the next minute.
>
> I'm currently using Plusnet's 'Anytime' package which provides unlimited
> calls to 01/02/03 numbers - but not mobiles. It now costs over £10 a
> month but is probably cheaper than making calls with Plusnet without the
> package because of their exorbitant call setup charges. However, since
> we only make about 60 calls per month with a total duration of about 200
> minutes, there's got to be a cheaper solution.
>
> [If I could persuade SWMBO to make all her outgoing calls using her
> mobile, we'd already have a solution because we've each got a Lebara
> plan for under a fiver a month which provides unlimited calls to
> landlines *and* mobiles as well as a reasonable amount of data - but she
> has a fixation with using something akin to a landline phone when sh's
> at home!]

Also don't forget to update your CLI and voicemail if you use it.

You can make the system tell you the charge rate at the beginning of the
call.
Google strikes again?
https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<l0to8bFmalqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6530&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6530

From: mills37.fslife@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:49:46 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:49 UTC

On 18/01/2024 19:31, Woody wrote:
> On Thu 18/01/2024 16:33, Roger Mills wrote:

>> Can those of you who are still using this plan please tell me what the
>> call rates are to 01/02/03 numbers, and whether calls are charged in
>> seconds or rounded up to the next minute.
>>

> Google is your friend:-
> https://static.sipgate.com/sipgatebasic/download/sipgate-basic-tariffs.pdf

Many thanks for that - and the subsequent message.

I have already updated my CLI but have yet to change the voicemail
outgoing message - which I may well have forgotten to do, so thanks for
that, too.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<QUq2syshE0m1m1MgLyQbvQ@MINIBRIX>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6539&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6539

From: a@b.invalid (Roger Morton)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:23:11 GMT
 by: Roger Morton - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:23 UTC

In <l0to8bFmalqU1@mid.individual.net>, Roger Mills wrote:

> >Google is your friend:-
>

> >https://static.sipgate.com/sipgatebasic/download/sipgate-basic-tariffs.pdf
>
> Many thanks for that - and the subsequent message.

Although that seems to be from 2020 - I'm currently paying 1.43p per
(rounded up) minute, VAT inclusive, for UK landlines

--
Roger Morton
roger@chez-morton.com

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<l107n9F6fqlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6541&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6541

From: mills37.fslife@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 21:26:00 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 21:26 UTC

On 19/01/2024 17:23, Roger Morton wrote:
> In <l0to8bFmalqU1@mid.individual.net>, Roger Mills wrote:
>

>> >Google is your friend:-
>>

>>> https://static.sipgate.com/sipgatebasic/download/sipgate-basic-tariffs.pdf
>>
>> Many thanks for that - and the subsequent message.
>>

> Although that seems to be from 2020 - I'm currently paying 1.43p per
> (rounded up) minute, VAT inclusive, for UK landlines
>

> --
> Roger Morton
> roger@chez-morton.com

Interesting. Do you have a reference which shows the current rates?

Does anyone know whether you can port a landline number to Sipgate
Starter and, if so, how you go about it?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<uoj3pl$66lt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6544&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6544

From: spam@invalid.invalid (Mark Undrill)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:47:47 +0000
 by: Mark Undrill - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:47 UTC

On 19/01/2024 21:26, Roger Mills wrote:

>>> Many thanks for that - and the subsequent message.
>>>

>> Although that seems to be from 2020 - I'm currently paying 1.43p per
>> (rounded up) minute, VAT inclusive, for UK landlines
>>

>> --
>> Roger Morton
>> roger@chez-morton.com
>
> Interesting. Do you have a reference which shows the current rates?
>
> Does anyone know whether you can port a landline number to Sipgate
> Starter and, if so, how you go about it?

You certainly could with Sipgate Basic. A quick look at their web-site
confirms that you still can with Sipgate Starter. They used to charge
GBP 20 but it looks as though it has gone up to GBP 25. ISTR that it was
just a case of an e-mail to porting@sipgate.co.uk. Details will be
on their web-site. Start at https://www.sipgate.co.uk/numbers.

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<usplhl$a7du$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6706&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6706

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:32:36 +0000
 by: T i m - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:32 UTC

On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:
<snip>

I've just been testing my Sipgate line after doing the firmware upgrades
on the Yealink W60B base and W53H handsets ...

> Also don't forget to update your CLI

That seems to come though both ways.

> and voicemail if you use it.

I can't seem to find where to configue that?

> You can make the system tell you the charge rate at the beginning of the
> call.

That's handy. ;-)

> Google strikes again?
> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement

And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile when
I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have the most
basic / free service from them?

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<l5b4tmF8nmnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6707&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6707

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: 12 Mar 2024 13:50:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:50 UTC

T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk> wrote:
> On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:

>> Google strikes again?
>> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement

> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile when
> I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have the most
> basic / free service from them?

> Cheers, T i m

As Dolly Parton once said: 'It costs a lot of money to look this cheap'…

--
Spike

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<usps00$bsmi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6708&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6708

From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:22:39 +0000
 by: Woody - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:22 UTC

On Tue 12/03/2024 13:50, Spike wrote:
> T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:
>
>>> Google strikes again?
>>> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement
>
>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile when
>> I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have the most
>> basic / free service from them?
>
>> Cheers, T i m
>
> As Dolly Parton once said: 'It costs a lot of money to look this cheap'…

For the record, I didn't write the comment above. Methinks someone has
edited an earlier text!

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<usps52$bsmi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6709&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6709

From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:25:21 +0000
 by: Woody - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:25 UTC

On Tue 12/03/2024 13:32, T i m wrote:
> On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I've just been testing my Sipgate line after doing the firmware upgrades
> on the Yealink W60B base and W53H handsets ...
>
>> Also don't forget to update your CLI
>
> That seems to come though both ways.
>
>> and voicemail if you use it.
>
> I can't seem to find where to configue that?
>>
>> You can make the system tell you the charge rate at the beginning of
>> the call.
>
> That's handy. ;-)
>
>> Google strikes again?
>> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement
>
> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile when
> I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have the most
> basic / free service from them?

You update the CLI on the web site, and make sure that when a voicemail
is left the email with voicemail attached as a sound file is delivered
to the right number.

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<86bk7j1mhi.fsf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6710&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6710

From: dnomhcir@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:46:49 +0000
 by: Richmond - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:46 UTC

T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk> writes:

> On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I've just been testing my Sipgate line after doing the firmware
> upgrades on the Yealink W60B base and W53H handsets ...
>
>> Also don't forget to update your CLI
>
> That seems to come though both ways.
>
>> and voicemail if you use it.
>
> I can't seem to find where to configue that?
>> You can make the system tell you the charge rate at the beginning of
>> the call.
>
> That's handy. ;-)
>
>> Google strikes again?
>> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement
>
> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile
> when I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have
> the most basic / free service from them?
>
> Cheers, T i m

Where does it tell you that? I hunted around but only found this:

"* All Prices exclusive of VAT. | © 2024 sipgate GmbH"

"UK Mobiles
business S, L und XL 9.9 11.88
"

9.9+20%=11.88

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<l5bbv3F9qbtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6711&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6711

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Date: 12 Mar 2024 15:50:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:50 UTC

Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Tue 12/03/2024 13:50, Spike wrote:
>> T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk> wrote:

>>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile when
>>> I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have the most
>>> basic / free service from them?
>>
>>> Cheers, T i m

>> As Dolly Parton once said: 'It costs a lot of money to look this cheap'…

> For the record, I didn't write the comment above. Methinks someone has
> edited an earlier text!

Apologies! I merely shortened the article based on the indents of the post
to which I was replying.

--
Spike

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<usq0ni$cssg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6712&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6712

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:43:29 +0000
 by: T i m - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:43 UTC

On 12/03/2024 15:46, Richmond wrote:

<snip>

>>> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement
>>
>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile
>> when I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have
>> the most basic / free service from them?
>

> Where does it tell you that?

At the handset, when you turn on the voice announcements Woody
referenced. You dial a number and it 'announces' the cost of the call
per min.

> I hunted around but only found this:
>
> "* All Prices exclusive of VAT. | © 2024 sipgate GmbH"
>
> "UK Mobiles
> business S, L und XL 9.9 11.88
> "
>
> 9.9+20%=11.88

Yeah, that's why I couldn't resolve the 14.28 price?

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<usq0ue$cssg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6713&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6713

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:47:10 +0000
 by: T i m - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:47 UTC

On 12/03/2024 15:25, Woody wrote:
> On Tue 12/03/2024 13:32, T i m wrote:
>> On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> I've just been testing my Sipgate line after doing the firmware
>> upgrades on the Yealink W60B base and W53H handsets ...
>>
>>> Also don't forget to update your CLI
>>
>> That seems to come though both ways.
>>
>>> and voicemail if you use it.
>>
>> I can't seem to find where to configue that?
>>>
>>> You can make the system tell you the charge rate at the beginning of
>>> the call.
>>
>> That's handy. ;-)
>>
>>> Google strikes again?
>>> https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204079022-How-to-Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement
>>
>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile
>> when I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have
>> the most basic / free service from them?
>>

> You update the CLI on the web site,

That's the think that shows the calling number yes? If so, that seems to
work anyway.

> and make sure that when a voicemail
> is left

I'm not sure how to make that happen? I tried ringing my Sipgate number
and let the phone ring out, sort of expecting it to be picked up by an
answering machine at some point but it didn't seem to be.

> the email with voicemail attached as a sound file is delivered
> to the right number.

Right address?

Again, maybe you only get any of that when you enable it somewhere.

I'll have another look.

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<uss93c$v9tf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6714&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6714

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:18:34 +0000
 by: T i m - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:18 UTC

On 12/03/2024 15:46, Richmond wrote:

<snip>

>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile
>> when I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have
>> the most basic / free service from them?

It looks like they have increased their prices and the ~15p/m to mobiles
is right.

I'm looking foward to A&A porting my LL number tomorrow and giving that
a test. ;-)

Can someone confirm what it costs a caller to ring either of these Voip
lines please? Is it 'just' the std rate as for them to call the real
geographic number?

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<2rF*dyhFz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6715&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6715

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: 13 Mar 2024 16:45:02 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:45 UTC

In uk.telecom.voip T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk> wrote:
> I'm looking foward to A&A porting my LL number tomorrow and giving that
> a test. ;-)
>
> Can someone confirm what it costs a caller to ring either of these Voip
> lines please? Is it 'just' the std rate as for them to call the real
> geographic number?

Depends on the number. If it's an 01/02/03 or mobile number they pay their
usual rate for that kind of number - or in their inclusive minutes. If it's
an 056 number there might be a special rate for that, or not be able to call
it at all, and may not be inclusive. The billing doesn't know the number
goes somewhere different, so it's just the same as any other phone call.

Theo

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<ussn6a$11pq9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6716&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6716

From: adsb@address.invalid (Andrew Benham)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:19:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew Benham - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:19 UTC

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:47:10 +0000, T i m wrote:

> On 12/03/2024 15:25, Woody wrote:
>> On Tue 12/03/2024 13:32, T i m wrote:
>>> On 18/01/2024 19:37, Woody wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I've just been testing my Sipgate line after doing the firmware
>>> upgrades on the Yealink W60B base and W53H handsets ...

>>> That seems to come though both ways.

>>> I can't seem to find where to configue that?

>>> That's handy. ;-)

Enable-Call-Rate-Annoucement

>>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile
>>> when I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have
>>> the most basic / free service from them?
>>>

>> You update the CLI on the web site,
>
> That's the think that shows the calling number yes? If so, that seems to
> work anyway.
>
>> and make sure that when a voicemail is left
>
> I'm not sure how to make that happen? I tried ringing my Sipgate number
> and let the phone ring out, sort of expecting it to be picked up by an
> answering machine at some point but it didn't seem to be.
>
>> the email with voicemail attached as a sound file is delivered to the
>> right number.
>
> Right address?
>
> Again, maybe you only get any of that when you enable it somewhere.
>
> I'll have another look.
>
> Cheers, T i m

On the sipgate control panel under Telephone, there should be a phone
attached to a number, and you can configure that phone to divert to
voicemail when offline or busy, or after a delay when it's online.

--
Andrew Benham Salisbury, Wilts SP1, United Kingdom

The gates in my computer are AND OR and NOT, not "Bill"

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<usso91$11pq9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6717&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6717

From: adsb@address.invalid (Andrew Benham)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:37:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrew Benham - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:37 UTC

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:18:34 +0000, T i m wrote:

> On 12/03/2024 15:46, Richmond wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> And it tells me it's 'Only, 14.28 pence per minute' to my EE mobile
>>> when I was expecting more like 9p/m but is that because I only have
>>> the most basic / free service from them?
>>>
> It looks like they have increased their prices and the ~15p/m to mobiles
> is right.
>
> I'm looking foward to A&A porting my LL number tomorrow and giving that
> a test. ;-)
>
> Can someone confirm what it costs a caller to ring either of these Voip
> lines please? Is it 'just' the std rate as for them to call the real
> geographic number?
>
> Cheers, T i m

On the sipgate control panel, under the '...' of the "Phone of x y" is
"Additional settings", and the Tariff annuncement can be turned on and off
there.

"only 14.24p/m" to my mobile number, which was originally on Orange. I
guess it's a special rate for users of the old free accounts, the price
list for S L and XL accounts shows 11.88p/m inc.
Oh, hang on, under the International numbers listing, UK mobiles are
11.88p/m without VAT, and 14.25p/m with VAT.

--
Andrew Benham Salisbury, Wilts SP1, United Kingdom

The gates in my computer are AND OR and NOT, not "Bill"

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<ussvdu$13u10$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6718&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6718

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:39:42 +0000
 by: T i m - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:39 UTC

On 13/03/2024 16:45, Theo wrote:
> In uk.telecom.voip T i m <eternal@spaced.me.uk> wrote:
>> I'm looking foward to A&A porting my LL number tomorrow and giving that
>> a test. ;-)
>>
>> Can someone confirm what it costs a caller to ring either of these Voip
>> lines please? Is it 'just' the std rate as for them to call the real
>> geographic number?
>
> Depends on the number. If it's an 01/02/03 or mobile number they pay their
> usual rate for that kind of number - or in their inclusive minutes.

Ok thanks, yes, it's the same geographic dialling code as this area.

Outside of any irregular callers (old friends etc) or services like the
Doctors, I did have 3 friends who still called my landline (now only two
as one passed away). Of the other two, one now mostly uses WhatsApp
calling and the other, because my LL has been 'dead' for over a year,
now uses my mobile. ;-)

> If it's
> an 056 number there might be a special rate for that, or not be able to call
> it at all, and may not be inclusive.

Understood.

> The billing doesn't know the number
> goes somewhere different, so it's just the same as any other phone call.

Good to know, thanks. I just wanted to confirm there was no other 'cost'
to the caller, before I offered the number(s Sipgate / A&A) out.

I was keen to try this because 1) I was paying BT ~£26 a month for
something I wasn't using *at all* and 2), if I can set the Yealink phone
to answer on pickup from the cradle, the Mrs (dementia) might still be
able to answer it if I'm down the garage etc.

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<ussvv4$13u10$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6719&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6719

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:48:52 +0000
 by: T i m - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:48 UTC

On 13/03/2024 17:19, Andrew Benham wrote:

<snip>

>> Again, maybe you only get any of that when you enable it somewhere.
>>
>> I'll have another look.
>
> On the sipgate control panel under Telephone, there should be a phone
> attached to a number, and you can configure that phone to divert to
> voicemail when offline or busy, or after a delay when it's online.

I've found that (thanks for the pointers / confirmation) but I can't see
anything that suggests any control over 'when' it goes to voicemail? ;-(

Just things like:

Name
PIN
Listen to Messages without PIN (numbers)
Default announcement
..
..
..

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<ust0bm$13u10$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6720&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6720

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:55:34 +0000
 by: T i m - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:55 UTC

On 13/03/2024 19:48, T i m wrote:
> On 13/03/2024 17:19, Andrew Benham wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Again, maybe you only get any of that when you enable it somewhere.
>>>
>>> I'll have another look.
>>
>> On the sipgate control panel under Telephone, there should be a phone
>> attached to a number, and you can configure that phone to divert to
>> voicemail when offline or busy, or after a delay when it's online.
>>
> I've found that (thanks for the pointers / confirmation) but I can't see
> anything that suggests any control over 'when' it goes to voicemail? ;-(
>
> Just things like:
>
> Name
> PIN
> Listen to Messages without PIN (numbers)
> Default announcement
> .
Found it, it's not an option to change, it's a feature to add, namely
'Forwarding' on the fields you mentioned. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Re: Sipgate "Starter" Plan call rates

<ust1u2$14lb5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6721&group=uk.telecom.broadband#6721

From: eternal@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:22:24 +0000
 by: T i m - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:22 UTC

On 13/03/2024 17:37, Andrew Benham wrote:
<snip>

> On the sipgate control panel, under the '...' of the "Phone of x y" is
> "Additional settings", and the Tariff annuncement can be turned on and off
> there.

Yeah, I turned them on following the link Woody provided previously.

> "only 14.24p/m" to my mobile number, which was originally on Orange.

Ok. I've since tried it to a land line and it was 1.x p/m etc.

> guess it's a special rate for users of the old free accounts, the price
> list for S L and XL accounts shows 11.88p/m inc.
> Oh, hang on, under the International numbers listing, UK mobiles are
> 11.88p/m without VAT, and 14.25p/m with VAT.

Ah, that makes more sense thanks and confirms what I'm experiencing.

I just rang my Sipgate number from my mobile, let it ring out (need to
lengthen the 10 seconds), left a message and it appeared attached to an
email. ;-)

That also prompted me to check out the voicemail from the phone so I set
it up and reviewed 20 messages going back to 2015 (only two messages
left and both wrong numbers). ;-)

Cheers, T i m