From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Eurostar from Amsterdam to be suspended for 6 months
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 07:41:48 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 07:41 UTC

In message <g4femi53iheti2gjo0u0emi35cfd77g0ob@4ax.com>, at 13:30:23 on
Wed, 29 Nov 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 12:47:55 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <7v4emih0gde9suc877fpqv23o6r5lsujvm@4ax.com>, at 10:37:19 on

>>>The trains will be running from Amsterdam anyway, with domestic
>>>Schengen (non-security checked) passengers. Presumably the trains will
>>>use domestic platforms at Brussels?
>>
>>In which case passengers bound for the UK can do their own "Brussels
>>shuffle" without the train company having to ensure they are quarantined
>>in specific carriages on the train (having paid for the uneconomic
>>facilities at Rotterdam). Assuming even that the same carriages were
>>bound for the UK.
>
>Yes
>
>It's only for the six months that the Amsterdam international
>facilities won't be available.

The news story is they've dramatically shortened that period of
unavailablity. Maybe they've hired *two* men and a dog, to do
it a bit quicker?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Eurostar from Amsterdam to be suspended for 6 months

<FLhaN.52253$hCA.40871@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70920&group=uk.railway#70920

Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 09:33:25 GMT
 by: Recliner - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:33 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <g4femi53iheti2gjo0u0emi35cfd77g0ob@4ax.com>, at 13:30:23 on
> Wed, 29 Nov 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 12:47:55 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <7v4emih0gde9suc877fpqv23o6r5lsujvm@4ax.com>, at 10:37:19 on
>>> Wed, 29 Nov 2023, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> In which case passengers bound for the UK can do their own "Brussels
>>> shuffle" without the train company having to ensure they are quarantined
>>> in specific carriages on the train (having paid for the uneconomic
>>> facilities at Rotterdam). Assuming even that the same carriages were
>>> bound for the UK.
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> It's only for the six months that the Amsterdam international
>> facilities won't be available.
>
> The news story is they've dramatically shortened that period of
> unavailablity.

Yes, agreed. The headline is much gloomier than the actual story.

Re: Eurostar from Amsterdam to be suspended for 6 months

<ukcak4$1qs5h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70927&group=uk.railway#70927

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:56:20 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ainditU6y/GKkh1ru8rOLvkArzU=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:56 UTC

Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <g4femi53iheti2gjo0u0emi35cfd77g0ob@4ax.com>, at 13:30:23 on

>>> Yes
>>>
>>> It's only for the six months that the Amsterdam international
>>> facilities won't be available.
>>
>> The news story is they've dramatically shortened that period of
>> unavailablity.
>
> Yes, agreed. The headline is much gloomier than the actual story.

Hopefully it will result in better E* facilities at Amsterdam. What they
currently have is pretty grim.