From: anna@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Why Mr Cohen can't travel on LU
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 20:59:09 -0000 (UTC)
<uk578i$bjsr$2@dont-email.me>
<Qlv9N.5986$ccK4.893@fx06.ams1>
<j81emi9kt958slr3c9lgdajq1ifoqlhkfh@4ax.com>
<c6J9N.29885$KTp3.26964@fx10.ams1>
sha1:w1uSoLUx4qera7gE5MOlu+1CBDU=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 20:59 UTC

The Lymington trains had CDL.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: Why Mr Cohen can't travel on LU

<RqMbN.2$VAGe.0@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71378&group=uk.railway#71378

Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
<uko2ut$d387$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 21:16:33 GMT
 by: Recliner - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 21:16 UTC

Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> wrote:
> Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

>>> The latter except for the Jacobite of course:
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67552056
>>

>> It's had a derogation for quite a long time. Slam door trains without CDL
>> haven't been used on normal, scheduled service trains for many years (2010,
>> on the Lymington branch I think, 2005 elsewhere).
>>

> The Lymington trains had CDL.

Thanks. So was 2005 the end of slam doors without CDL for normal service
trains?