From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Liz Line now more Online
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:18:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:T0y4nQoumVtcf5KkRXtMD6NAxdw=
 by: Tweed - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:18 UTC

(Apologies if this appears more than once, I’ve already posted twice, into
an apparent void)

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2023/december/mayor-heralds-first-elizabeth-line-stations-to-get-high-speed-mobile-coverage

High-speed mobile coverage is now available on the busiest Elizabeth line
platforms, escalators and tickets halls at Bond Street, Tottenham Court
Road, Farringdon and Liverpool Street - with more stations connected in the
coming months.

Customers on the Elizabeth line received an early Christmas present this
morning as four central London stations received mobile coverage for the
first time.

The four stations - Bond Street, Tottenham Court Road, Farringdon and
Liverpool Street - are some of the busiest in Central London and all now
have mobile coverage in the ticket halls, connecting corridors and
platforms for the Elizabeth line. The introduction at Tottenham Court Road
also means that the whole station now has mobile coverage, with work to
expand coverage to the Central line, and then onto the Jubilee line at Bond
Street taking place throughout 2024.

The introduction of high-speed mobile coverage means that customers can
stay better connected as they travel to and from the West End to shop, meet
friends and visit the area's theatres, restaurants and bars. All four
mobile network operators - Three UK, EE, Vodafone, and Virgin Media O2
(VMO2) - are taking part in the rollout, which has already delivered 4G on
sections of the Jubilee, Northern and Central lines.

Providing uninterrupted mobile coverage also provides additional
reassurance to those travelling on the network, making it easier for
customers to stay in touch with friends and family while travelling. It
will also host the new Emergency Services Network (ESN), which when fully
operational, will give first responders immediate access to life-saving
data, images and information in live situations and emergencies on the
frontline.

TfL and Boldyn Networks* will be working throughout Christmas and the early
New Year to expand the coverage to further stations on the Elizabeth line,
as well as to the tunnelled sections. Recent progress means that Boldyn
Networks can now deliver 4G and 5G coverage to the tunnelled sections,
rather than just 4G coverage as previously announced. By the end of spring
2024, the whole of the 73 miles of the Elizabeth line from Reading and
Heathrow to Shenfield and Abbey Wood via the West End, will have mobile
coverage.

Re: Liz Line now more Online

<vowbyl+uTEhlFAwo@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=72695&group=uk.railway#72695

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Liz Line now more Online
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:00:14 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:00 UTC

In message <um1aed$12lai$1@dont-email.me>, at 12:18:21 on Thu, 21 Dec
2023, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:

>Providing uninterrupted mobile coverage also provides additional
>reassurance to those travelling on the network, making it easier for
>customers to stay in touch with friends and family while travelling. It
>will also host the new Emergency Services Network (ESN), which when fully
>operational, will give first responders immediate access to life-saving
>data, images and information in live situations and emergencies on the
>frontline.

It is of course exactly the opposite. Being provided for ESN, and "also"
hosts commercial punters.
--
Roland Perry