From: bevanprice666@gmail.com (Bevan Price)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: class 507s and 508s
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 23:41:15 +0000
 by: Bevan Price - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 23:41 UTC

On 24/10/2019 19:56, Garden6089@live.co.uk wrote:
> The class 507s and 508s on Merseyrail are due to be replaced next year, if all goes according to plan. The 508s are unusual (unique?) in that they have operated on all but one of the existing DC top-contact railways in .uk: Southern, North London and Merseyrail. (They never worked on the North London Line.)
>
> I've created a small album of them on the Southern (both the first iteration on the South Western and the second on South Eastern), Merseyrail and Euston - Watford, as well as some of the railtour operated by the SEG in 1984.
>
> Conversely, the 507s have always worked on Merseyrail.
>
> I hope you like them.
>
> Class 508s:
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/60539035@N02/albums/72157660533020090
>
> Class 507s:
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/60539035@N02/albums/72157689176177791

Just been looking back at some old posts, and in this case all did not
go to plan. Over 4 years since the original post, there are still a few
Class 508 in service, although not for much longer.

Over half of the class 507 remain in service, but they will probably not
survive until the end of 2024.

Their delayed successors, Class 777 have beeen slowly entering service,
but not without problems.