Q: What do agnostic, insomniac dyslexics do at night? A: Stay awake and wonder if there's a dog.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn Railway

SubjectAuthor
* Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn RailwayRecliner
`* Re: Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn RailwayPeter Johnson
 `- Re: Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn RailwayRecliner

1
Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn Railway

<jLGmN.77728$ogWb.53525@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73908&group=uk.railway#73908

Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn Railway
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 23:48:31 GMT
 by: Recliner - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 23:48 UTC

From

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2024/01/darjeeling-tank-locomotive-trust-signs-overhaul-and-operating-deal-with-statfold-barn-railway.html

The Darjeeling Tank Locomotive Trust and the Statfold Barn Railway has
signed a Cooperation Agreement which will see 19B based at the railway for
the next 10 years.

Along with the agreement, the deal also sees Statfold carry out 19B's
overhaul, which is due to start imminently.

The overhaul will be aligned to the Conservation Management Plan, authored
by DTLT Trustee Andy Savage.

It is unknown what condition the Victorian boiler is in, and this will only
be established once an inspection is carried out – it does date back from
1889 afterall!

The agreement also covers how 19B is operated at Statfold, detailing how it
is crewed, formed around the Ex-Beeches Light Railway team, and how it will
conform to Statfold's operating standards. This agreement also covers the
plans for the locomotive's tour to other railways.

It is hoped that 19B will be overhauled in time for the main 2024 operating
season

DTLT Chairman, Jeremy Davey, said “It is an Agreement that we are all
delighted with. Statfold have kindly agreed to carry out the overhaul in
their superb workshops, something we're all very excited about given the
high standard of their work”.

Statfold founder Graham Lee commented, “I am delighted to have been able to
offer 19B and the carriages a home and formally welcomed the operating crew
and Trustees to Statfold at the signing. My engineering workshop team look
forward to commencing 19B's overhaul which we all hope will be
straightforward with no major issues to be rectified.”

Mr Davey added “I can say that presently we know of no major causes for
concern, but until we get it [the boiler] out of the frames, the tubes out,
and our boiler inspector John Glaze (who has looked after it since it
landed back in the UK in 2003) has had a good look, we won't know for
sure.”

‘Fuzz' Jordan, Treasurer and Trustee said “This marks the end of the
beginning phase made possible by donations, loans and covenants, and
crucially, Graham Lee. 19B and the carriages' future is now secured at an
amazing railway. But we could always use more income to invest in 19B's
continuing operation post-overhaul and to start an overhaul fund for 2034.”

Re: Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn Railway

<fm4opi909bn0c7arg48i35l4cnl3apih0k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73961&group=uk.railway#73961

From: peter@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:21:52 +0000
 by: Peter Johnson - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 15:21 UTC

On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 23:48:31 GMT, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com>
wrote:

>From
>
>https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2024/01/darjeeling-tank-locomotive-trust-signs-overhaul-and-operating-deal-with-statfold-barn-railway.html
>
>The Darjeeling Tank Locomotive Trust and the Statfold Barn Railway has
>signed a Cooperation Agreement which will see 19B based at the railway for
>the next 10 years.
>
>Along with the agreement, the deal also sees Statfold carry out 19B's
>overhaul, which is due to start imminently.
>
>The overhaul will be aligned to the Conservation Management Plan, authored
>by DTLT Trustee Andy Savage.
>
>It is unknown what condition the Victorian boiler is in, and this will only
>be established once an inspection is carried out – it does date back from
>1889 afterall!
>
>The agreement also covers how 19B is operated at Statfold, detailing how it
>is crewed, formed around the Ex-Beeches Light Railway team, and how it will
>conform to Statfold's operating standards. This agreement also covers the
>plans for the locomotive's tour to other railways.
>
>It is hoped that 19B will be overhauled in time for the main 2024 operating
>season
>
>DTLT Chairman, Jeremy Davey, said “It is an Agreement that we are all
>delighted with. Statfold have kindly agreed to carry out the overhaul in
>their superb workshops, something we're all very excited about given the
>high standard of their work”.
>
>Statfold founder Graham Lee commented, “I am delighted to have been able to
>offer 19B and the carriages a home and formally welcomed the operating crew
>and Trustees to Statfold at the signing. My engineering workshop team look
>forward to commencing 19B's overhaul which we all hope will be
>straightforward with no major issues to be rectified.”
>
>Mr Davey added “I can say that presently we know of no major causes for
>concern, but until we get it [the boiler] out of the frames, the tubes out,
>and our boiler inspector John Glaze (who has looked after it since it
>landed back in the UK in 2003) has had a good look, we won't know for
>sure.”
>
>‘Fuzz' Jordan, Treasurer and Trustee said “This marks the end of the
>beginning phase made possible by donations, loans and covenants, and
>crucially, Graham Lee. 19B and the carriages' future is now secured at an
>amazing railway. But we could always use more income to invest in 19B's
>continuing operation post-overhaul and to start an overhaul fund for 2034.”

It might not have been mentioned here but the report concerns an event
that took place last August.

Re: Adrian Shooter's 1889 loco to run on Statfold Barn Railway

<xEUmN.67927$i529.24443@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73962&group=uk.railway#73962

Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:37:01 GMT
 by: Recliner - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 15:37 UTC

Peter Johnson <peter@parksidewood.nospam> wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 23:48:31 GMT, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> From
>>
>> https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2024/01/darjeeling-tank-locomotive-trust-signs-overhaul-and-operating-deal-with-statfold-barn-railway.html
>>
>> The Darjeeling Tank Locomotive Trust and the Statfold Barn Railway has
>> signed a Cooperation Agreement which will see 19B based at the railway for
>> the next 10 years.
>>
>> Along with the agreement, the deal also sees Statfold carry out 19B's
>> overhaul, which is due to start imminently.
>>
>> The overhaul will be aligned to the Conservation Management Plan, authored
>> by DTLT Trustee Andy Savage.
>>
>> It is unknown what condition the Victorian boiler is in, and this will only
>> be established once an inspection is carried out – it does date back from
>> 1889 afterall!
>>
>> The agreement also covers how 19B is operated at Statfold, detailing how it
>> is crewed, formed around the Ex-Beeches Light Railway team, and how it will
>> conform to Statfold's operating standards. This agreement also covers the
>> plans for the locomotive's tour to other railways.
>>
>> It is hoped that 19B will be overhauled in time for the main 2024 operating
>> season
>>
>> DTLT Chairman, Jeremy Davey, said “It is an Agreement that we are all
>> delighted with. Statfold have kindly agreed to carry out the overhaul in
>> their superb workshops, something we're all very excited about given the
>> high standard of their work”.
>>
>> Statfold founder Graham Lee commented, “I am delighted to have been able to
>> offer 19B and the carriages a home and formally welcomed the operating crew
>> and Trustees to Statfold at the signing. My engineering workshop team look
>> forward to commencing 19B's overhaul which we all hope will be
>> straightforward with no major issues to be rectified.”
>>
>> Mr Davey added “I can say that presently we know of no major causes for
>> concern, but until we get it [the boiler] out of the frames, the tubes out,
>> and our boiler inspector John Glaze (who has looked after it since it
>> landed back in the UK in 2003) has had a good look, we won't know for
>> sure.”
>>
>> ‘Fuzz' Jordan, Treasurer and Trustee said “This marks the end of the
>> beginning phase made possible by donations, loans and covenants, and
>> crucially, Graham Lee. 19B and the carriages' future is now secured at an
>> amazing railway. But we could always use more income to invest in 19B's
>> continuing operation post-overhaul and to start an overhaul fund for 2034.”
>>
> It might not have been mentioned here but the report concerns an event
> that took place last August.

I assumed that the agreement signature was recent?