Paradise is exactly like where you are right now ... only much, much better. -- Laurie Anderson

aus+uk / aus.legal / delivery

SubjectAuthor
* deliveryMax
+- deliveryPete
+* deliveryPetzl
|`* deliveryRod Speed
| `* deliveryPetzl
|  `* deliveryRod Speed
|   `* deliveryPetzl
|    `* deliveryPetzl
|     `* deliveryRod Speed
|      `* deliveryPetzl
|       `* deliveryRod Speed
|        `* deliveryPetzl
|         `- deliveryRod Speed
`- deliveryRod Speed

1
delivery

<u2ph1l$d7do$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7864&group=aus.legal#7864

From: max@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: delivery
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 09:12:53 +1000
 by: Max - Mon, 1 May 2023 23:12 UTC

If you buy an item online from a retailer for delivery, and it gets lost
in the post, can you get a refund from the retailer?

Re: delivery

<u2ph4s$d79a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7865&group=aus.legal#7865

From: pjetson@yahoo.com (Pete)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: delivery
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 09:14:36 +1000
 by: Pete - Mon, 1 May 2023 23:14 UTC

On 2/05/2023 9:12 am, Max wrote:
> If you buy an item online from a retailer for delivery, and it gets lost
> in the post, can you get a refund from the retailer?

It depends.

Re: delivery

<esa15ilshd00vea57uv9n0gchk35v415m8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7866&group=aus.legal#7866

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 16:20:44 +1000
 by: Petzl - Tue, 2 May 2023 06:20 UTC

On Tue, 2 May 2023 09:12:53 +1000, Max <max@invalid.address> wrote:

>If you buy an item online from a retailer for delivery, and it gets lost
>in the post, can you get a refund from the retailer?

Only if you pay with/by PayPal.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: delivery

<op.14br9dd1byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7867&group=aus.legal#7867

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 02:33:03 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 2 May 2023 16:33 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

>> If you buy an item online from a retailer for delivery, and it gets lost
>> in the post, can you get a refund from the retailer?

> Only if you pay with/by PayPal.

Nope, some retailers like Amazon or Dan Murphy
do much better than that and insured delivery too.

Re: delivery

<op.14br9udvbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7868&group=aus.legal#7868

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 02:33:20 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 2 May 2023 16:33 UTC

Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

> If you buy an item online from a retailer for delivery, and it gets lost
> in the post, can you get a refund from the retailer?

Depends on the retailer and how you paid for it.

You certainly can if you paid using PayPal or bought
it from one of the better retailers like Amazon or Dan
Murphy etc. But there is no universal legal right to a
full refund in in that situation.

Re: delivery

<0o735ita8tfsp5u54kbpjaj7c9c0amc5qs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7869&group=aus.legal#7869

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 09:53:32 +1000
 by: Petzl - Tue, 2 May 2023 23:53 UTC

On Wed, 03 May 2023 02:33:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote
>
>>> If you buy an item online from a retailer for delivery, and it gets lost
>>> in the post, can you get a refund from the retailer?
>
>> Only if you pay with/by PayPal.
>
>Nope, some retailers like Amazon or Dan Murphy
>do much better than that and insured delivery too.

Not have trouble with Dan Murphy local delivering just so slow,
example a case of rum "inner circle OP" $600 (I think) they claimed
they had online took 6 months to get here from Queensland, took my
money though. Even beer they are useless at delivery takes a week
(their local is 10 minutes away).
Didn't know Amazon had refund for no delivery, so far no trouble and
fast delivery.
Woolworths very good at delivery but seem to have shortages, ordered
bread; Tiptop the one (most popular bread) and get a replacement?
They have even been out of potatatoes?
Ordered frozen snapper and got replacement frozen fish, Snapper I
like in soup and frying not so much the replacement, if they don't
have or no replacement they always refund.
My last order went well no hassels, maybe getting better supply stock!
--
Petzl
"I want to live in a Democracy, but..."

Re: delivery

<op.14dqd6yybyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7870&group=aus.legal#7870

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 03:47:56 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 3 May 2023 17:47 UTC

On Wed, 03 May 2023 09:53:32 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 03 May 2023 02:33:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

>>> Only if you pay with/by PayPal.
>>
>> Nope, some retailers like Amazon or Dan Murphy
>> do much better than that and insured delivery too.

> Not have trouble with Dan Murphy local delivering

I do, every time, the most recent FAR worse than usual.

The problem is that Endevour, their delivery operation,
doesnt operate here so it gets handed to a locasl courier
operation which is completely fucked. They claim to have
failed to deliver to my house because there was no one
home and carded me. I may well have been having a nap
at the time they claim they tried to deliver, but I never got
carded. I had been previously and they just delivered
again, successfully. This time she did eventually ring
me and asked me if I could pick it up. I said no and she
reluctantly said that they would deliver again, but didnt.
That meant that I spent a couple of fucking weeks with
no nap so that I wouldnt miss the delivery ape again.

Dan Murphy does eventually send you an email asking
how the order went, so I gave them the lowest marks
possible and left a stinking comment and ticked the
box saying that I wanted Dan Murphy to ring me.

Took them 2 days to get around to doing that but
they were happy to raise a case and chase it up
and said that they would refund or redeliver.

Heard nothing for another couple of weeks, so
I rang Endeavour to see what the progress was.
and got told that it had been delivered and that
it had been left inside the back gate and that the
delivery monkey had rung me to tell me that.

I walked to the back gate while still with Endeavor
on the phone and found it there, My back wall
projects into the public small park/walk way
with no back fence or anything there, with
the back gate right there, with quite a bit
of stuff inside the gate which anyone can open.
The box was outside the gate along the back
wall and had been visible to anyone for weeks.
The fucker was too lazy to even put it inside
the gate and certainly never rang me at all.

I did have a couple of things ordered
from the USA dumped there over
Xmas on 3 ocassions, bet it was the
same local delivery ape. Must put
a surveillance camera there.

> just so slow,
> example a case of rum "inner circle OP" $600 (I think) they claimed
> they had online took 6 months to get here from Queensland, took my
> money though.

My orders do usually take a few days to be sent
but tracking is useless because they hand it to
the local courier, presumably in Sydney.

> Even beer they are useless at delivery takes a week

Don't have that problem, I brew my own beer.

> (their local is 10 minutes away).

Dan Murphy has just attempted to have a local store
but that has just been denied with the excuse that
this town is a high crime area, which is a lie. Wagga
has a much higher crime level and has a Dan Murphy.

One of our bigger drive thru bottle shops appears to
have some way of killing applications for a new liquour
license. They have stopped our Aldi from getting a license.

> Didn't know Amazon had refund for no delivery, so far no trouble and
> fast delivery.

I haven't needed to use it yet but have seen
reports of people being able to effortlessly
get a resupply with no questions asked.

I use PayPay for all orders, even Dan Murphy and
Coles and Woolys because I have had a brilliant
result with all scammers, even The Australian shit
rag that I used for their cheap trial when they
were sposed to have a full article on that stupid
abo who kidnapped that young girl in WA. They
require you to notify them a week in advance
before you cancel to avoid the automatic
renewal in the fine print and refuse to refund
when that bites you on the bum. I put a reminder
in Outlook to cancel before it renews but didnt
notice that scam. PayPal reversed it without
question.

> Woolworths very good at delivery

I normally use Coles, partly because their cheapest
delivery was $4, now $2 and because there is usually
an offer of $20 or $30 off with orders over $250 and
free delivery. I don't normally spend that much but
it is trivial to game their system by ordering lots of
some of the stuff like their Coles Ready Meals that
you know they normally only have 4 or 5 on on the
shelf. You get the discount based on the total value
of the order, not what was actually supplied so it
is easy to game their system.

Woolys actually reserve stock when you order
and keep track of their stock levels too so you
can't game them that way. I actually prefer the
Coles ready meals to the Woolys equivalents
and the microwave dinners too.

> but seem to have shortages, orderedbread; Tiptop the one (most popular
> bread) and get a replacement?

I make my own bread in the bread machine and
the Laucke breadmix is periodically on special.

> They have even been out of potatatoes?

I did hear about that but I buy my potatoes in person at
the local smaller supermarket in easy walking distance.
so I can pick the right sized red skinned potatoes of the
riight size that I have roasted in the air fryer with most
meals of the coles ready meals etc and microwaved in
their jackets with steak, chops and sausages

I get my iceberg lettuce there too and get the staff
to get me one from the stockroom with the massive
great dark leaves still on them. I prefer those leaves
on the massive great open sandwich I have for the
main evening meal every 4 days with the dome off
the vertical loaf from the bread machine with cold
meat, my own relish and lettuce leaves. That
lasts 2 or 3 weeks and I have the inner with
stuff like pies, pizza etc.

> Ordered frozen snapper and got replacement frozen fish, Snapper I
> like in soup and frying not so much the replacement,

I don't bother with fish or soup or stews.

> if they don't
> have or no replacement they always refund.

I never let them substitute, too fussy about what I order.

> My last order went well no hassels, maybe getting better supply stock!

I have only used Woolya the once, with their free first delivery.
Their minimum order is $11, much more than Coles $2 and
I mostly prefer the Coles ready meals and microwave dinners.

Re: delivery

<s0365idcr9quc2l6de9g9asllb8qch9u4l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7871&group=aus.legal#7871

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 12:10:09 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 4 May 2023 02:10 UTC

On Thu, 04 May 2023 03:47:56 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> [...]

>on the massive great open sandwich I have for the
>main evening meal every 4 days with the dome off
>the vertical loaf from the bread machine with cold
>meat, my own relish and lettuce leaves. That
>lasts 2 or 3 weeks and I have the inner with
>stuff like pies, pizza etc.
>
>> Ordered frozen snapper and got replacement frozen fish, Snapper I
>> like in soup and frying not so much the replacement,
>
>I don't bother with fish or soup or stews.
>
>> if they don't
>> have or no replacement they always refund.
>
>I never let them substitute, too fussy about what I order.
>
>> My last order went well no hassels, maybe getting better supply stock!
>
>I have only used Woolya the once, with their free first delivery.
>Their minimum order is $11, much more than Coles $2 and
>I mostly prefer the Coles ready meals and microwave dinners.

Good article Rod thanks, Complaints to Dan Murphy's waste of time.
My local Aldi is much cheaper.
Air Fryer I like for crunchy toast Aldi Dark Rye 200C, 4 min,
White 5 min. Butter Vegemite with runny fried egg (pop yolk), 2min in
nonstick dash of olive oil, frypan with lid on.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: delivery

<hs885ip81qpuqt9smtb4mlvgurkiecoskv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7872&group=aus.legal#7872

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 07:51:51 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 4 May 2023 21:51 UTC

On Thu, 04 May 2023 12:10:09 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 04 May 2023 03:47:56 +1000, "Rod Speed"
><rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 03 May 2023 09:53:32 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

reluctantly snipped good post

>>I have only used Woolya the once, with their free first delivery.
>>Their minimum order is $11, much more than Coles $2 and
>>I mostly prefer the Coles ready meals and microwave dinners.
>>
>Good article Rod thanks, Complaints to Dan Murphy's waste of time.
>My local Aldi is much cheaper.
>Air Fryer I like for crunchy toast Aldi Dark Rye 200C, 4 min,
>White 5 min. Butter Vegemite with runny fried egg (pop yolk), 2min in
>nonstick dash of olive oil, frypan with lid on.

I have one problem with Amazon they don't use PayPal and they share
your credit card and CCV details with their other sellers.

My bank contacted me for a Zero charge amount which was used by them
to validate my Credit Card,

Not knowing who they were, I answered the bank *NO* and to cancel that
card, then send me a new one.

Which was a pain I then had to change a fair number of "services" that
only accept credit cards.

Shortly after Amazon sent a email to the affect that my credit card is
not working. But I had never bought anything from them months before
or after.

Turned out Amazon use some dodgy unknown by me security "service" and
gave my full details to them, not a good look IMO.

Amazon are another bureaucratic company that don't give a toss about
customers, complaints, or a customers security!

I had used that card with them for years before that, which shows they
are ignorant, stupid as well!

That's how I know Amazon share your credit card detail's with their
other sellers. Arseholes!!!
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: delivery

<op.14hc9qv9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7873&group=aus.legal#7873

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 02:54:52 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 5 May 2023 16:54 UTC

On Fri, 05 May 2023 07:51:51 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 May 2023 12:10:09 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 May 2023 03:47:56 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 03 May 2023 09:53:32 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
> reluctantly snipped good post
>>
>>> I have only used Woolya the once, with their free first delivery.
>>> Their minimum order is $11, much more than Coles $2 and
>>> I mostly prefer the Coles ready meals and microwave dinners.
>>>
>> Good article Rod thanks, Complaints to Dan Murphy's waste of time.
>> My local Aldi is much cheaper.
>> Air Fryer I like for crunchy toast Aldi Dark Rye 200C, 4 min,
>> White 5 min. Butter Vegemite with runny fried egg (pop yolk), 2min in
>> nonstick dash of olive oil, frypan with lid on.

> I have one problem with Amazon they don't use PayPal

Yeah, even Aliexpress does now. I can see
why they don't tho, its their main competitor
and Amazon do have their own credit card too.

> and they share
> your credit card and CCV details with their other sellers.

> My bank contacted me for a Zero charge amount which was used by them
> to validate my Credit Card,

> Not knowing who they were, I answered the bank *NO* and to cancel that
> card, then send me a new one.

> Which was a pain I then had to change a fair number of "services" that
> only accept credit cards.

> Shortly after Amazon sent a email to the affect that my credit card is
> not working. But I had never bought anything from them months before
> or after.

> Turned out Amazon use some dodgy unknown by me security "service" and
> gave my full details to them, not a good look IMO.

True.

> Amazon are another bureaucratic company that don't give a toss about
> customers, complaints, or a customers security!

That's going too far. Their customer support is
second to none and much quicker than paypal.

You can even email Jeff Bezos direct and whoever
is fielding those emails will in fact overide Amazon
customer support if your claim has been denied.

I got a big discount offer on an Echo Dot, something
like 40% off.which didnt specify any expiry date in the
email. When I tried to use it, they said the offer had
passed its useby date by a day or so. Customer support
stonewalled me on that. I emailled Bezos and got the
Dot at the discounted price with no quibble at all.

> I had used that card with them for years before that, which shows they
> are ignorant, stupid as well!

> That's how I know Amazon share your credit card detail's with their
> other sellers. Arseholes!!!

Re: delivery

<433b5it58s57gdscv87iursg5eddnc0qvo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7874&group=aus.legal#7874

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 09:43:33 +1000
 by: Petzl - Fri, 5 May 2023 23:43 UTC

On Sat, 06 May 2023 02:54:52 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 05 May 2023 07:51:51 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 May 2023 12:10:09 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>> reluctantly snipped good post

>>> Good article Rod thanks, Complaints to Dan Murphy's waste of time.
>>> My local Aldi is much cheaper.
>>> Air Fryer I like for crunchy toast Aldi Dark Rye 200C, 4 min,
>>> White 5 min. Butter Vegemite with runny fried egg (pop yolk), 2min in
>>> nonstick dash of olive oil, frypan with lid on.
>
>> I have one problem with Amazon they don't use PayPal
>
>Yeah, even Aliexpress does now. I can see
>why they don't tho, its their main competitor
>and Amazon do have their own credit card too.
>
>> and they share
>> your credit card and CCV details with their other sellers.
>
>> My bank contacted me for a Zero charge amount which was used by them
>> to validate my Credit Card,
>
>> Not knowing who they were, I answered the bank *NO* and to cancel that
>> card, then send me a new one.
>
>> Which was a pain I then had to change a fair number of "services" that
>> only accept credit cards.
>
>> Shortly after Amazon sent a email to the affect that my credit card is
>> not working. But I had never bought anything from them months before
>> or after.
>
>> Turned out Amazon use some dodgy unknown by me security "service" and
>> gave my full details to them, not a good look IMO.
>
>True.
>
>> Amazon are another bureaucratic company that don't give a toss about
>> customers, complaints, or a customers security!
>
>That's going too far. Their customer support is
>second to none and much quicker than paypal.

Might depend when you last used their "Customer Support"?

Before this happened almost a year ago, I would agree, but when I rang
they wouldn't answer the phone, next day I were put through to a
American support? Before that local Australians answered?

>You can even email Jeff Bezos direct and whoever
>is fielding those emails will in fact overide Amazon
>customer support if your claim has been denied.

My complaint was doing a "zero charge credit check" without
identifying as Amazon.
A few days before this I were signed up for a "free" trial of Kindle
audio (which I never asked for nor wanted), Got that by email.

I kept telling them on line web page, my Kindle has no speakers/audio
but they are ignorant and pushy in fact harassing. Their scam is the
give you a "free" trail if you don't cancel (which they don't tell
you) they help themselves to monthly fees, unless you look you don't
know.

My only previous complaint, was they magically signed me up for prime
streaming? Noticed this after a few months, it being taken/stolen from
my credit card, did not even know what the charge was for (PayPal
would of notified me as soon as I were charged they did not) rang the
Australia Amazon support, answered quickly and settled that day, ended
up with a full refund

>I got a big discount offer on an Echo Dot, something
>like 40% off.which didnt specify any expiry date in the
>email. When I tried to use it, they said the offer had
>passed its useby date by a day or so. Customer support
>stonewalled me on that. I emailled Bezos and got the
>Dot at the discounted price with no quibble at all.

Thought Bezos had left Amazon?
But now I know thanks.

About $30,000 books on the Kindle over the years and I like it.
But don't like the harassment associated with their "sales" people.

I once bought a book about a Australian car trips, also "Hogan's
Hero's DVD set, "from readers digest,

Their harassment made that a big mistake, endless advertising crap
every day in letter box, eventually they rang me and I told their
products are excellent it's the harassment that has turned me away
from them. Then they stopped?

--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: delivery

<op.14h94417byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7875&group=aus.legal#7875

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 14:44:54 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 6 May 2023 04:44 UTC

On Sat, 06 May 2023 09:43:33 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 06 May 2023 02:54:52 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> reluctantly snipped good post

>>> I have one problem with Amazon they don't use PayPal
>>
>> Yeah, even Aliexpress does now. I can see
>> why they don't tho, its their main competitor
>> and Amazon do have their own credit card too.
>>
>>> and they share
>>> your credit card and CCV details with their other sellers.
>>
>>> My bank contacted me for a Zero charge amount which was used by them
>>> to validate my Credit Card,
>>
>>> Not knowing who they were, I answered the bank *NO* and to cancel that
>>> card, then send me a new one.
>>
>>> Which was a pain I then had to change a fair number of "services" that
>>> only accept credit cards.
>>
>>> Shortly after Amazon sent a email to the affect that my credit card is
>>> not working. But I had never bought anything from them months before
>>> or after.
>>
>>> Turned out Amazon use some dodgy unknown by me security "service" and
>>> gave my full details to them, not a good look IMO.
>>
>> True.
>>
>>> Amazon are another bureaucratic company that don't give a toss about
>>> customers, complaints, or a customers security!
>>
>> That's going too far. Their customer support is
>> second to none and much quicker than paypal.
>>
> Might depend when you last used their "Customer Support"?
>
> Before this happened almost a year ago, I would agree, but when I rang
> they wouldn't answer the phone, next day I were put through to a
> American support? Before that local Australians answered?
>>
>> You can even email Jeff Bezos direct and whoever
>> is fielding those emails will in fact overide Amazon
>> customer support if your claim has been denied.
>>
> My complaint was doing a "zero charge credit check" without
> identifying as Amazon.
> A few days before this I were signed up for a "free" trial of Kindle
> audio (which I never asked for nor wanted), Got that by email.
>
> I kept telling them on line web page, my Kindle has no speakers/audio
> but they are ignorant and pushy in fact harassing. Their scam is the
> give you a "free" trail if you don't cancel (which they don't tell
> you) they help themselves to monthly fees, unless you look you don't
> know.

They will reverse that if you complain.

> My only previous complaint, was they magically signed me up for prime
> streaming? Noticed this after a few months, it being taken/stolen from
> my credit card, did not even know what the charge was for (PayPal
> would of notified me as soon as I were charged they did not) rang the
> Australia Amazon support, answered quickly and settled that day, ended
> up with a full refund

Yeah, never heard of them not doing a full refund of that.

>> I got a big discount offer on an Echo Dot, something
>> like 40% off.which didnt specify any expiry date in the
>> email. When I tried to use it, they said the offer had
>> passed its useby date by a day or so. Customer support
>> stonewalled me on that. I emailled Bezos and got the
>> Dot at the discounted price with no quibble at all.

> Thought Bezos had left Amazon?
> But now I know thanks.

> About $30,000 books on the Kindle over the years and I like it.

Fark. I mostly get the free ones and have a link which
shows me the free ones that interest me, biographys,
history and memoirs and I used that every day. Have
hundreds of them now.

> But don't like the harassment associated with their "sales" people.

Dont get any of that myself.

Dont like their search, lots of non matches get added.
You can't do very explicit searches like you can with ebay.

> I once bought a book about a Australian car trips, also "Hogan's
> Hero's DVD set, "from readers digest,

> Their harassment made that a big mistake, endless advertising crap
> every day in letter box, eventually they rang me and I told their
> products are excellent it's the harassment that has turned me away
> from them.

Never seen anything at all like that myself.

> Then they stopped?

>>> I had used that card with them for years before that, which shows they
>>> are ignorant, stupid as well!
>>
>>> That's how I know Amazon share your credit card detail's with their
>>> other sellers. Arseholes!!!

Re: delivery

<129g5ip405i34g2il5o7pl84ls4tlhqi89@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7876&group=aus.legal#7876

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 08:40:10 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 7 May 2023 22:40 UTC

On Sat, 06 May 2023 14:44:54 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 May 2023 09:43:33 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 06 May 2023 02:54:52 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, even Aliexpress does now. I can see
>>> why they don't tho, its their main competitor
>>> and Amazon do have their own credit card too.

>>> True.

>>> That's going too far. Their customer support is
>>> second to none and much quicker than paypal.
>>>
>> Might depend when you last used their "Customer Support"?
>>
>> Before this happened almost a year ago, I would agree, but when I rang
>> they wouldn't answer the phone, next day I were put through to a
>> American support? Before that local Australians answered?
>>>
>>> You can even email Jeff Bezos direct and whoever
>>> is fielding those emails will in fact overide Amazon
>>> customer support if your claim has been denied.
>>>
>> My complaint was doing a "zero charge credit check" without
>> identifying as Amazon.
>> A few days before this I were signed up for a "free" trial of Kindle
>> audio (which I never asked for nor wanted), Got that by email.
>>
>> I kept telling them on line web page, my Kindle has no speakers/audio
>> but they are ignorant and pushy in fact harassing. Their scam is the
>> give you a "free" trail if you don't cancel (which they don't tell
>> you) they help themselves to monthly fees, unless you look you don't
>> know.
>
>They will reverse that if you complain.

They got worse ending up with my Credit card details handed out, never
bought a kindle book since!

>> My only previous complaint, was they magically signed me up for prime
>> streaming? Noticed this after a few months, it being taken/stolen from
>> my credit card, did not even know what the charge was for (PayPal
>> would of notified me as soon as I were charged they did not) rang the
>> Australia Amazon support, answered quickly and settled that day, ended
>> up with a full refund
>
>Yeah, never heard of them not doing a full refund of that.

Even that was them stealing my money from my credit card without my
permission!
But was rectified when I asked what the monthly charge was for!
For their TV streaming service, I pay Japan for mine!

>>> I got a big discount offer on an Echo Dot, something
>>> like 40% off.which didnt specify any expiry date in the
>>> email. When I tried to use it, they said the offer had
>>> passed its useby date by a day or so. Customer support
>>> stonewalled me on that. I emailled Bezos and got the
>>> Dot at the discounted price with no quibble at all.
>
>> Thought Bezos had left Amazon?
>> But now I know thanks.
>
>> About $30,000 books on the Kindle over the years and I like it.
>
>Fark. I mostly get the free ones and have a link which
>shows me the free ones that interest me, biographys,
>history and memoirs and I used that every day. Have
>hundreds of them now.
>
>> But don't like the harassment associated with their "sales" people.
>
>Dont get any of that myself.

But you said you only take the free Kindle offers.
Suspect this scamming treatment is for paying customers?
Even the "free" books always came with small hard to see fine print,
trying to sign you up for Audio or streaming TV, having me replace my
Credit card after my bank warned me a unknown had my full credit card
details. Seems to be Kindle belong to Audio books and their TV
streaming thieving clowns!

>Dont like their search, lots of non matches get added.
>You can't do very explicit searches like you can with ebay.

Aged I only use them if Ebay don't have it. Ebay are always cheaper
than Amazon.
Found someone even cheaper and pretty fast for delivering
and take PayPal
<https://www.temu.com/au/>
Minimum order is US$30

>> I once bought a book about a Australian car trips, also "Hogan's
>> Hero's DVD set, "from readers digest,
>
>> Their harassment made that a big mistake, endless advertising crap
>> every day in letter box, eventually they rang me and I told their
>> products are excellent it's the harassment that has turned me away
>> from them.
>
>Never seen anything at all like that myself.

That last was with Readers Digest, don't even know if they are still
in business?

--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: delivery

<op.14ljkhm1byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7878&group=aus.legal#7878

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 09:01:19 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 7 May 2023 23:01 UTC

On Mon, 08 May 2023 08:40:10 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 06 May 2023 14:44:54 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 06 May 2023 09:43:33 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Might depend when you last used their "Customer Support"?
>>>
>>> Before this happened almost a year ago, I would agree, but when I rang
>>> they wouldn't answer the phone, next day I were put through to a
>>> American support? Before that local Australians answered?

>>> My complaint was doing a "zero charge credit check" without
>>> identifying as Amazon.
>>> A few days before this I were signed up for a "free" trial of Kindle
>>> audio (which I never asked for nor wanted), Got that by email.
>>>
>>> I kept telling them on line web page, my Kindle has no speakers/audio
>>> but they are ignorant and pushy in fact harassing. Their scam is the
>>> give you a "free" trail if you don't cancel (which they don't tell
>>> you) they help themselves to monthly fees, unless you look you don't
>>> know.
>>
>> They will reverse that if you complain.
>>
> They got worse ending up with my Credit card details handed out, never
> bought a kindle book since!
>>
>>> My only previous complaint, was they magically signed me up for prime
>>> streaming? Noticed this after a few months, it being taken/stolen from
>>> my credit card, did not even know what the charge was for (PayPal
>>> would of notified me as soon as I were charged they did not) rang the
>>> Australia Amazon support, answered quickly and settled that day, ended
>>> up with a full refund
>>
>> Yeah, never heard of them not doing a full refund of that.
>>
> Even that was them stealing my money from my credit card without my
> permission!
> But was rectified when I asked what the monthly charge was for!
> For their TV streaming service, I pay Japan for mine!

>>> Thought Bezos had left Amazon?
>>> But now I know thanks.
>>
>>> About $30,000 books on the Kindle over the years and I like it.
>>
>> Fark. I mostly get the free ones and have a link which
>> shows me the free ones that interest me, biographys,
>> history and memoirs and I used that every day. Have
>> hundreds of them now.
>>
>>> But don't like the harassment associated with their "sales" people.
>>
>> Dont get any of that myself.

> But you said you only take the free Kindle offers.

No, I have bought quite a few non free ones.

> Suspect this scamming treatment is for paying customers?

Fraid not.

> Even the "free" books always came with small hard to see fine print,

Nope.

> trying to sign you up for Audio or streaming TV, having me replace my
> Credit card after my bank warned me a unknown had my full credit card
> details. Seems to be Kindle belong to Audio books and their TV
> streaming thieving clowns!

Nope. You get offered Prime with hardware purchases
and I have selected that at times to get cheaper shipping
of stuff from the USA at times.

>> Dont like their search, lots of non matches get added.
>> You can't do very explicit searches like you can with ebay.

> Aged I only use them if Ebay don't have it.

I always check the price on amazon, ebay
and aliexpress and mostly on banggood.

> Ebay are always cheaper
> than Amazon.
> Found someone even cheaper and pretty fast for delivering
> and take PayPal
> <https://www.temu.com/au/>
> Minimum order is US$30

Yeah, they have shown up on facebook quite a bit.
Some stuff lookd interesting but the $20 minimum
charge has meant that I havent actually used them yet.

Quite a bit of other stuff on facebook too, but so far that
has always been at a higher price, often double aliexpress.

>>> I once bought a book about a Australian car trips, also "Hogan's
>>> Hero's DVD set, "from readers digest,
>>
>>> Their harassment made that a big mistake, endless advertising crap
>>> every day in letter box, eventually they rang me and I told their
>>> products are excellent it's the harassment that has turned me away
>>> from them.
>>
>> Never seen anything at all like that myself.
>>
> That last was with Readers Digest, don't even know if they are still
> in business?

I did buy a few from them, but they have stopped even sending
me offers anymore.

>>> Then they stopped?

Click here to read the complete article