A sequel is an admission that you've been reduced to imitating yourself. -- Don Marquis

aus+uk / uk.tech.broadcast / R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

SubjectAuthor
* R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Dickie mint
+* Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Brian Gaff
|`- Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Brian Gaff
`* Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Chris Youlden
 `* Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600John Williamson
  +* Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Brian Gaff
  |`* Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600MB
  | `* Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Andy Burns
  |  `- Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Brian Gregory
  `- Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600Chris Youlden

1
R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<kca5c3F9btfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7944&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7944

From: richard_taylor01@yahoo.co.uk (Dickie mint)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 20:05:39 +0100
 by: Dickie mint - Sat, 13 May 2023 19:05 UTC

What on earth happened this morning? News at 6 am handed over to Tony
Blackburn but only silence with seemingly muffled thumps heard for a
short while then silence again for some minutes. Then a Gearge Ezra
track played, hardly 60s music!

Eventually after about 12 minutes Tony came on.

No attempt at proper continuity with apologies.

The BBC as we knew it is dead. Its now just the same as commercial radio.

PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what the
BBC had become?

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<u3q2pi$2ilh4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7945&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7945

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 08:32:01 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 14 May 2023 07:32 UTC

Yes is the short answer. Its all automated, and somebody got it wrong.
I wonder what offering will be given to local radio listeners when they
finally do away with regional evening shows later in the year? Alread on
Monday, a lot more stations will be taking the feee from the bbc south show,
and the presenter of the originals have decided to leave, the current south
presenter has announced he is not applying for the new show, and is leaving
the bbc when the final show starts.
I think there will be a lot of the older generation who listen to these
evening shows who will lose their companion they go to bed with.
To me the BBC should be providing these sort of shows, and indeed more
minority shows as well, but it seems that money is the bottom line here
again, and one wonders what we will end up with. Hopefully not some bland
person who plays music and excerpts from the various regions all night.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Dickie mint" <richard_taylor01@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> What on earth happened this morning? News at 6 am handed over to Tony
> Blackburn but only silence with seemingly muffled thumps heard for a short
> while then silence again for some minutes. Then a Gearge Ezra track
> played, hardly 60s music!
>
> Eventually after about 12 minutes Tony came on.
>
> No attempt at proper continuity with apologies.
>
> The BBC as we knew it is dead. Its now just the same as commercial radio.
>
> PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
> apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what the
> BBC had become?

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<u3strm$30shl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7947&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7947

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 10:26:15 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 15 May 2023 09:26 UTC

Somebody has it in for him then, as yesterday evening Freeview bbc london
had the caption, Tony Blackburn soul show. Itwas not what was playing out.
BBC south radio stations had Tony Blackburn, but a different show, and that
was somebody else in fact on air as well.
This suggests that nobody had change items in the programme guides either.
If they cock up on the job, how come they are still employed?
Brian

--

--:
"Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes is the short answer. Its all automated, and somebody got it wrong.
> I wonder what offering will be given to local radio listeners when they
> finally do away with regional evening shows later in the year? Alread on
> Monday, a lot more stations will be taking the feee from the bbc south
> show, and the presenter of the originals have decided to leave, the
> current south presenter has announced he is not applying for the new show,
> and is leaving the bbc when the final show starts.
> I think there will be a lot of the older generation who listen to these
> evening shows who will lose their companion they go to bed with.
> To me the BBC should be providing these sort of shows, and indeed more
> minority shows as well, but it seems that money is the bottom line here
> again, and one wonders what we will end up with. Hopefully not some bland
> person who plays music and excerpts from the various regions all night.
> Brian
>
> --
>
> --:
> This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
> The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
> briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
> Blind user, so no pictures please
> Note this Signature is meaningless.!
> "Dickie mint" <richard_taylor01@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> What on earth happened this morning? News at 6 am handed over to Tony
>> Blackburn but only silence with seemingly muffled thumps heard for a
>> short while then silence again for some minutes. Then a Gearge Ezra track
>> played, hardly 60s music!
>>
>> Eventually after about 12 minutes Tony came on.
>>
>> No attempt at proper continuity with apologies.
>>
>> The BBC as we knew it is dead. Its now just the same as commercial radio.
>>
>> PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
>> apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what the
>> BBC had become?

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<u40sd0$3ji5p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7951&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7951

From: fbx@youlden.co.uk (Chris Youlden)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 22:25:58 +0100
 by: Chris Youlden - Tue, 16 May 2023 21:25 UTC

On 13/05/2023 20:05, Dickie mint wrote:

> PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
> apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what the
> BBC had become?

Agreed. There is no excuse for no continuity announcements. If nothing
else pre-recorded apologies could be available.

--

Chris

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<kcjej9Fmb32U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7952&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7952

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 08:38:19 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Wed, 17 May 2023 07:38 UTC

On 16/05/2023 22:25, Chris Youlden wrote:
> On 13/05/2023 20:05, Dickie mint wrote:
>>
>> PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
>> apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what
>> the BBC had become?
>
> Agreed. There is no excuse for no continuity announcements. If nothing
> else pre-recorded apologies could be available.

Which would need to be triggered by someone. In this case, there would
be no reason to trigger the automatic "dead air" one, as there was still
a signal.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<u4289t$3rf8i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7954&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7954

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 10:55:09 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 17 May 2023 09:55 UTC

Tony has been on tour with his sounds of the 60 show since around Christmas,
and I know that he gets a lot of email, and others read it for him these
days. On one show near here somebody who went said that he admitted this as
there are just not enough hours in a day, which was often why when somebody
asked did you get my information about xxx, he said, I really don't know.

Brian

--

--:
"John Williamson" <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> On 16/05/2023 22:25, Chris Youlden wrote:
>> On 13/05/2023 20:05, Dickie mint wrote:
>>>
>>> PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
>>> apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what
>>> the BBC had become?
>>
>> Agreed. There is no excuse for no continuity announcements. If nothing
>> else pre-recorded apologies could be available.
>>
> Which would need to be triggered by someone. In this case, there would be
> no reason to trigger the automatic "dead air" one, as there was still a
> signal.
>
> --
> Tciao for Now!
>
> John.

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<u42tmb$3tp1g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7957&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7957

From: MB@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 17:00:10 +0100
 by: MB - Wed, 17 May 2023 16:00 UTC

Is he back to normal, he missed at least a couple of programmes because
of some health issue?

Is his programme pre-recorded and is it done from his home?

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<kcm2lbF9hf1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7959&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7959

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 08:32:58 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 18 May 2023 07:32 UTC

MB wrote

> Is his programme pre-recorded and is it done from his home?

Sounded like it was live from his house, you could hear him thumping the
controls and muttering "nothing's going out" and his wife(?) whispering
"shhh, we can hear that on air" ... OWTTE.

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<kcouiuFnegqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7972&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7972

From: void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 10:41:50 +0100
 by: Brian Gregory - Fri, 19 May 2023 09:41 UTC

On 18/05/2023 08:32, Andy Burns wrote:
> MB wrote
>
>> Is his programme pre-recorded and is it done from his home?
>
> Sounded like it was live from his house, you could hear him thumping the
> controls and muttering "nothing's going out" and his wife(?) whispering
> "shhh, we can hear that on air" ... OWTTE.

Yes, and he did say sorry about the delay after the first record.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: R2 FM - Tony Blackburn Show 0600

<u4iqc2$2kfr8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7996&group=uk.tech.broadcast#7996

From: fbx@youlden.co.uk (Chris Youlden)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 17:41:52 +0100
 by: Chris Youlden - Tue, 23 May 2023 16:41 UTC

On 17/05/2023 08:38, John Williamson wrote:
> On 16/05/2023 22:25, Chris Youlden wrote:
>> On 13/05/2023 20:05, Dickie mint wrote:
>>>
>>> PS: I can't imagine any scenario that wouldn't allow for continuity
>>> apologies - apart from there being no continuity staff. Is this what
>>> the BBC had become?
>>
>> Agreed. There is no excuse for no continuity announcements. If nothing
>> else pre-recorded apologies could be available.
>>
> Which would need to be triggered by someone. In this case, there would
> be no reason to trigger the automatic "dead air" one, as there was still
> a signal.

Even in my day 12 minutes of silence could be triggered automatically.
There must be someone there, even if it's one person across 6 networks?
--

Chris