If it heals good, say it.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

SubjectAuthor
* whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Nomen Nescio
+* whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Sylvia Else
|`* whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Peter Jason
| +* whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Sylvia Else
| |+- whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Rod Speed
| |`- whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Peter Jason
| `- whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Rod Speed
+- whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Rod Speed
`- whatever happened to "Max" the troll?Computer Nerd Kev

1
whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<34b5432bc424425bcc135b38725a63de@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7969&group=aus.legal#7969

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 04:27:05 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 02:27 UTC

I miss those stupid posts like:

The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
the card. What should I do?

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<korcc9Ftcd5U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7970&group=aus.legal#7970

From: sylvia@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:04:41 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 23:04 UTC

On 12-Oct-23 1:27 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> I miss those stupid posts like:
>
> The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
> a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
> the card. What should I do?

People disappear. We rarely know why, especially as most use pseudonyms
to post.

I've only been aware of two cases where the reason for the disappearance
was apparent. One posted under his real name, and was credibly linked to
a newspaper report of a death. The other contrived one last post from
beyond the grave.

Sylvia.

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<6u1hiip1qt3a65qu69g8mkielf8qktbkal@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7971&group=aus.legal#7971

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:58:00 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 23:58 UTC

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:04:41 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 12-Oct-23 1:27 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> I miss those stupid posts like:
>>
>> The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
>> a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
>> the card. What should I do?
>>

>People disappear. We rarely know why, especially as most use pseudonyms
>to post.
>
>I've only been aware of two cases where the reason for the disappearance
>was apparent. One posted under his real name, and was credibly linked to
>a newspaper report of a death. The other contrived one last post from
>beyond the grave.
>
>Sylvia.

Why not repair to the nearest Police Station and file a missing
persons' report?

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<korojtF1bdbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7972&group=aus.legal#7972

From: sylvia@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 13:33:34 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 02:33 UTC

On 13-Oct-23 10:58 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:04:41 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12-Oct-23 1:27 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>> I miss those stupid posts like:
>>>
>>> The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
>>> a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
>>> the card. What should I do?
>>>

>> People disappear. We rarely know why, especially as most use pseudonyms
>> to post.
>>
>> I've only been aware of two cases where the reason for the disappearance
>> was apparent. One posted under his real name, and was credibly linked to
>> a newspaper report of a death. The other contrived one last post from
>> beyond the grave.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Why not repair to the nearest Police Station and file a missing
> persons' report?

What's the person's real name? Oh, you don't know.

Where do they live? You don't know that either.

Where do they work? Ditto.

So how do you know that they're missing? They stopped posting to Usenet.

Get out of here before we charge you with wasting police time.

Sylvia.

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<op.2crmjbbkbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7974&group=aus.legal#7974

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 05:19:49 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 18:19 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote

I had the death squad terminate him too.

> I miss those stupid posts like:

> The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
> a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
> the card. What should I do?

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<op.2crmmqndbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7975&group=aus.legal#7975

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 05:21:52 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 18:21 UTC

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:58:00 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:04:41 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12-Oct-23 1:27 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>> I miss those stupid posts like:
>>>
>>> The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
>>> a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
>>> the card. What should I do?
>>>

>> People disappear. We rarely know why, especially as most use pseudonyms
>> to post.
>>
>> I've only been aware of two cases where the reason for the disappearance
>> was apparent. One posted under his real name, and was credibly linked to
>> a newspaper report of a death. The other contrived one last post from
>> beyond the grave.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Why not repair to the nearest Police Station and file a missing
> persons' report?

No point, we don't even know his real name or even who he claimed to work
for.

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<op.2crmoviubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7976&group=aus.legal#7976

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 05:23:09 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 18:23 UTC

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 13:33:34 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

> On 13-Oct-23 10:58 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:04:41 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> People disappear. We rarely know why, especially as most use pseudonyms
>>> to post.
>>>
>>> I've only been aware of two cases where the reason for the
>>> disappearance
>>> was apparent. One posted under his real name, and was credibly linked
>>> a newspaper report of a death. The other contrived one last post from
>>> beyond the grave.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>> Why not repair to the nearest Police Station and file a missing
>> persons' report?
>
> What's the person's real name? Oh, you don't know.
>
> Where do they live? You don't know that either.
>
> Where do they work? Ditto.
>
> So how do you know that they're missing? They stopped posting to Usenet.
>
> Get out of here before we charge you with wasting police time.

There is no such crime or misdemeanor in Australia.

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<ekfjiilpmcd1ps0am1jmuqi096iicmgh8t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7977&group=aus.legal#7977

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 09:03:25 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 22:03 UTC

wrote:

>On 13-Oct-23 10:58 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:04:41 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> People disappear. We rarely know why, especially as most use pseudonyms
>>> to post.
>>>
>>> I've only been aware of two cases where the reason for the disappearance
>>> was apparent. One posted under his real name, and was credibly linked to
>>> a newspaper report of a death. The other contrived one last post from
>>> beyond the grave.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> Why not repair to the nearest Police Station and file a missing
>> persons' report?
>
>What's the person's real name? Oh, you don't know.
>
>Where do they live? You don't know that either.
>
>Where do they work? Ditto.
>
>So how do you know that they're missing? They stopped posting to Usenet.
>
>Get out of here before we charge you with wasting police time.
>
>Sylvia.
''''uh? And we pay taxes for this gross incompetence?

Re: whatever happened to "Max" the troll?

<6529d5f3@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7978&group=aus.legal#7978

From: not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: 14 Oct 2023 09:42:43 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 23:42 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
> I miss those stupid posts like:
>
> The worker's compo lawyer I engaged 18 months ago sent me
> a Xmas card, and also invoiced me $75 for his effort composing
> the card. What should I do?

He was purely attention seeking and I expect he lost interest
because he wasn't getting enough attention. Of course if he sees
this thread he'll probably bounce right back again. I've been
ignoring most of his stupid threads anyway, so it doesn't make
much difference to me unless he goes back to nymshifting again.

--
__ __