Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 12:38:42 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: red button etc. - exiting
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 11:38 UTC

I notice when exiting e. g. the red button main menu (where it tells
you "To exit, press TEXT": when you do, it momentarily shows
"Exiting..." before the overlay disappears.

Why? I'd have thought terminating the overlay doesn't need an extra
stage (complete with that word, so it's presumably at least partially an
extra screen).

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
[via Penny Mayes (mayes@pmail.net)]

Re: red button etc. - exiting

<u6mme6$1kqln$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8334&group=uk.tech.broadcast#8334

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: red button etc. - exiting
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:31:33 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 10:31 UTC

Dunno, cannot use red button on my Samsung, hat bit is not speaking.
This is often the problem with TVs supposed accessibility. Apps and certain
screens start off accessible but just a simple change by the company who
makes the screen or app shuts out most of the blind population. It seems to
happen with amazing regularity on tvs as new as 2020, yet the sighted can
see it fine of course
Another example of non inclusive design when more tan one company is
involved.
Brian

--

--: