prairies, n.: Vast plains covered by treeless forests.

aus+uk / uk.tech.broadcast / Re: OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren JamesScott
+* Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren JamesBrian Gaff
|`* Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren JamesScott
| `- Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren JamesMB
`- Re: OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren JamesSmolley

1
OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James

<nghjeipnun1og4dlggf2bas9tcii37mgsk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8964&group=uk.tech.broadcast#8964

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:40:24 +0100
 by: Scott - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:40 UTC

Does anyone see any similarity between the Luis Rubiales kiss and the
Lauren James foul? Both should never have happened but both were
brief incidents occurring in highly emotional circumstances in the
excitement of a World Cup. Both have apologised. James was banned
for two games (some think it should have been three) so is it correct
to try to ban Rubiales for life?

Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James

<ucchn9$hc3f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8965&group=uk.tech.broadcast#8965

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:47:16 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:47 UTC

I have no idea what you are on about? I see no problem in kissing on or off
the pitch. You are not forced to look at it if it annoys you in some way.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Scott" <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone see any similarity between the Luis Rubiales kiss and the
> Lauren James foul? Both should never have happened but both were
> brief incidents occurring in highly emotional circumstances in the
> excitement of a World Cup. Both have apologised. James was banned
> for two games (some think it should have been three) so is it correct
> to try to ban Rubiales for life?

Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James

<fbjjeid11pa80m15fl31j7405v0c5fft1j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8966&group=uk.tech.broadcast#8966

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 11:05:11 +0100
 by: Scott - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:05 UTC

On Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:47:16 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
<brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have no idea what you are on about? I see no problem in kissing on or off
>the pitch. You are not forced to look at it if it annoys you in some way.

So by your logic it is okay to stand on somebody while wearing
football boots on the basis that you are not forced to look at itif it
annoys you. Anyway, how are you 'not forced to look at it' if it is
on the TV screen while you are legitimately watching a game of
football or a news broadcast?

Re: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James

<ucd48l$kaed$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8969&group=uk.tech.broadcast#8969

From: MB@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 16:03:48 +0100
 by: MB - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 15:03 UTC

On 26/08/2023 11:05, Scott wrote:
> So by your logic it is okay to stand on somebody while wearing football
> boots on the basis that you are not forced to look at itif it annoys
> you. Anyway, how are you 'not forced to look at it' if it is on the TV
> screen while you are legitimately watching a game of football or a news
> broadcast?

From what I saw of the first case, it was not 'stamping' on someone.
Could easily have been unintentional and just off balance, certainly did
not seem to be any force behind it.

The second one seems to have got very political, if the woman had been
so distressed by it then I would have expected her to slap him or at
least push him away.

It was clumsy and stupid but no more than that, if he had apologised
immediately it would have blown over quickly which suggests she showed
no distress at the time.

Spanish women's football does seem in a bit of a mess, all the
spokesperson on the news for the women's team seem to have been men.

He could always self identify as a woman, that would really confuse them.

Re: OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James

<ucg6cj$19otr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8974&group=uk.tech.broadcast#8974

From: s@home.net (Smolley)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: OT: Luis Rubiales and Lauren James
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 18:58:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Smolley - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 18:58 UTC

On Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:40:24 +0100, Scott wrote:

> Does anyone see any similarity between the Luis Rubiales kiss and the
> Lauren James foul? Both should never have happened but both were brief
> incidents occurring in highly emotional circumstances in the excitement
> of a World Cup. Both have apologised. James was banned for two games
> (some think it should have been three) so is it correct to try to ban
> Rubiales for life?

Girls behaving like men.