From: nospam@hillcroft.org.uk.invalid (Dave Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group (BECG) Heritage Open Days
Date: 30 Aug 2023 18:08:06 GMT
 by: Dave Hill - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 18:08 UTC

Hi,

Our Broadcast Engineering Museum will be opening again for the annual
Heritage Open Days scheme which this year will be on the 9th and 10th
September.

Last year was a great success for us, despite being far from ready. This
year, things have moved on tremendously at our museum near Gainsborough.
From feedback from visitors last year, we know how much it was enjoyed.

There's also much to see at the largest Antiques Centre in Europe right
next door to us.

We're based at the former RAF Hemswell, now Hemswell Cliff, DN21 5XS.

We're all volunteers and many come from far and wide, so let's hope that
the weather will be as good as it was last year.

The details are on our website here:
https://becg.org.uk/event/heritage-open-days-2023/

There will certainly be much more to see and do this year as our huge
building is now more in a position to receive visitors, and more of the
primary exhibits are in place. These cover TV OB trucks, VT, TK, many, many
vintage TV cameras, radio broadcasting and much else.

Regards,
Dave Hill
Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group
Broadcast Engineering Museum
www.becg.tv

Re: Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group (BECG) Heritage Open Days

<198ebf7f-29d0-41bc-94c1-6cf9736e48ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9002&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9002

Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 08:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: wrightsaerials@f2s.com (wrightsaerials@aol.com)
 by: wrightsaerials@aol.c - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 15:36 UTC

On Wednesday, 30 August 2023 at 19:08:08 UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our Broadcast Engineering Museum will be opening again for the annual
> Heritage Open Days scheme which this year will be on the 9th and 10th
> September.
>
> Last year was a great success for us, despite being far from ready. This
> year, things have moved on tremendously at our museum near Gainsborough.
> From feedback from visitors last year, we know how much it was enjoyed.
>
> There's also much to see at the largest Antiques Centre in Europe right
> next door to us.
>
> We're based at the former RAF Hemswell, now Hemswell Cliff, DN21 5XS.
>
> We're all volunteers and many come from far and wide, so let's hope that
> the weather will be as good as it was last year.
>
> The details are on our website here:
> https://becg.org.uk/event/heritage-open-days-2023/
>
> There will certainly be much more to see and do this year as our huge
> building is now more in a position to receive visitors, and more of the
> primary exhibits are in place. These cover TV OB trucks, VT, TK, many, many
> vintage TV cameras, radio broadcasting and much else.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Hill
> Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group
> Broadcast Engineering Museum
> www.becg.tv
We will be there.

Bill

Re: Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group (BECG) Heritage Open Days

<ueeq8c$2uesc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9093&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9093

From: richard@lamont.me.uk (Richard Lamont)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group (BECG) Heritage Open
Days
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 13:57:48 +0100
 by: Richard Lamont - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:57 UTC

On 31/08/2023 16:36, wrightsaerials@aol.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 August 2023 at 19:08:08 UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Our Broadcast Engineering Museum will be opening again for the annual
>> Heritage Open Days scheme which this year will be on the 9th and 10th
>> September.
>>
>> Last year was a great success for us, despite being far from ready. This
>> year, things have moved on tremendously at our museum near Gainsborough.
>> From feedback from visitors last year, we know how much it was enjoyed.
>>
>> There's also much to see at the largest Antiques Centre in Europe right
>> next door to us.
>>
>> We're based at the former RAF Hemswell, now Hemswell Cliff, DN21 5XS.
>>
>> We're all volunteers and many come from far and wide, so let's hope that
>> the weather will be as good as it was last year.
>>
>> The details are on our website here:
>> https://becg.org.uk/event/heritage-open-days-2023/
>>
>> There will certainly be much more to see and do this year as our huge
>> building is now more in a position to receive visitors, and more of the
>> primary exhibits are in place. These cover TV OB trucks, VT, TK, many, many
>> vintage TV cameras, radio broadcasting and much else.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Hill
>> Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group
>> Broadcast Engineering Museum
>> www.becg.tv
> We will be there.
>
> Bill

One of our volunteers has put a brief video report on the weekend here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUhLLy6Ryg

--
Richard Lamont
BECG