From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: SOT: Lexon Flip Premium
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 17:15:41 +0100
 by: Scott - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:15 UTC

Does anyone have experience of the Lexon Flip Premium radio-controlled
alarm clock? I have looked at reviews and there seem to be concerns
about build quality and suggestions it is not as good as the basic
model. There is uncertainty about how long it runs between charges. I
like the idea of recharging as a concept but sometimes I think very
low power consumption devices are better with alkaline batteries.

Re: SOT: Lexon Flip Premium

<M6RcOAWZ7A+kFw49@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9046&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9046

Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 06:32:09 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: SOT: Lexon Flip Premium
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 05:32 UTC

In message <ukkefit9nkp1cpitgd2nfcpeuju57kvdc6@4ax.com> at Tue, 5 Sep
2023 17:15:41, Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> writes
>Does anyone have experience of the Lexon Flip Premium radio-controlled
>alarm clock? I have looked at reviews and there seem to be concerns
>about build quality and suggestions it is not as good as the basic
>model. There is uncertainty about how long it runs between charges. I
>like the idea of recharging as a concept but sometimes I think very
>low power consumption devices are better with alkaline batteries.

My cheap one from Lidl runs for 5-10 years on a single AA cell (and when
it finally becomes unusable it's because the LC display is becoming
unreadable - the radio clock part is still working fine). It's not an
alarm, though (or, if it is, I don't use that function); presumably that
would run down the cell sooner.

Better to be a free dog than a chained lion - "casandra" on MSE, 2016-6-29

Re: Lexon Flip Premium

<ud9mik$2fk0r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9047&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9047

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Lexon Flip Premium
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 12:08:03 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:08 UTC

I've not heard of it, but I do have a radio here which is rechargeable but
it also has a handle to hand crank the charger, and a solar panel and a
space for two dry cells to maintain it while you crank it. It also acts as a
powerbank and can charge your phone, sadly they never built in a clock, but
it has a nice siren and very bright light I'm told.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...