From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Massive confusion of bbc radio streams as of yesterday.
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:55:38 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:55 UTC

OK so you can play all bbc audio streams direct from the bbc as long as you
have an account, without the awful bbc sounds jingle.
However, on my Amazon device I can no longer use radio player to play any
bbc local radio, or radio 2. The remaining stations still work.
Have the bbc made another cock up or did they really mean to ban third
party players from playing their streams?
If you use my tuner radio, you can find a different set of channels that
work or or
don't work.
Very peculiar logic or more likely a cock up. One has to remember that
after
next week all the forced cuts on bbc local radio start to take effect,
including the removal of regional late night radio, tailored to the people
in said area, in favour of an as yet undisclosed national program. I
shudder to think it might be another bland presenter running bits of news
from around the country and music with precious little involvement from the
listener. I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm not optimistic.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: Massive confusion of bbc radio streams as of yesterday.

<knnqbgFp7t1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9182&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9182

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:22:24 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:22 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> I can no longer use radio player to play any bbc local radio

My google/nest audio devices can still play BBC Radio Leicester

Re: Massive confusion of bbc radio streams as of yesterday.

<uf8oqm$pqqa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9197&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9197

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:12:49 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 09:12 UTC

Yes but you are going through bbc sounds. The Amazon can do the same. The
beauty of radio player was it just played the station, and did not ask you
to link bbc sounds account to the echo. I have them linked, but it seems to
me that they are tracking those who listen on line. With Radio player and my
tuner radio, this used another set of streams.
At the moment all the national stations still work in Radio player except
radio 2 and the local stations. No logic at all.
Brian

--

--: