From: mark.carver@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Alexa, play Heart.
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 08:01:07 +0100
 by: Mark Carver - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 07:01 UTC

On 11/10/2023 02:31, Graham. wrote:
> Isn't there some sort of rule about not deliberately triggering smart speakers, on mass, especially in the name of advertising as in this current "Heart" Radio campaign?

If you have an Alexa, you're likely to be using that as your 'radio', so
it's not going to cause a problem (she doesn't trigger herself) If you
don't have an Alexa, there's no problem, is there ?

--
Mark

Re: Alexa, play Heart.

<ug5hij$1mmut$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9358&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9358

From: mb@nospam.net (JMB99)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 08:06:59 +0100
 by: JMB99 - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 07:06 UTC

On 11/10/2023 08:01, Mark Carver wrote:
> If you have an Alexa, you're likely to be using that as your 'radio', so
> it's not going to cause a problem (she doesn't trigger herself) If you
> don't have an Alexa, there's no problem, is there ?

Not necessarily, I sometimes use ALEXA but it can be unreliable so often
easier to just listen on DAB.

Would another commercial station carry an advert for HEART though?

Re: Alexa, play Heart.

<kon1uqF4q81U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9360&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9360

From: mark.carver@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 08:42:18 +0100
 by: Mark Carver - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 07:42 UTC

On 11/10/2023 08:06, JMB99 wrote:
> On 11/10/2023 08:01, Mark Carver wrote:
>> If you have an Alexa, you're likely to be using that as your 'radio',
>> so it's not going to cause a problem (she doesn't trigger herself) If
>> you don't have an Alexa, there's no problem, is there ?
>

> Not necessarily, I sometimes use ALEXA but it can be unreliable so often
> easier to just listen on DAB.

It's hardly going to be a major widespread problem.

> Would another commercial station carry an advert for HEART though?

Yes, of course, both Global and Bauer plug their own stations. I've
heard Smooth and Heart promoted on LBC for instance.

--
Mark

Re: Alexa, play Heart.

<ug5m3k$1nsal$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9364&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9364

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 09:24:17 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 08:24 UTC

Yes indeed, but they also have a smart phone app that can be used. I have to
say thatwiring up thee lady to an aux port on a decent hi if is very good.
Its far easer than fiddling about with tuning stuff in and there are skills
like my tuner radio and radio player that can play stations from around the
world. Tune in cannot do that due to a court ruling of course, but skills
based elsewhere don't cre and that should be the case, but some cranky old
judge did a ruling and started the slow rot of restricting links by the
recording giants who want to protect their regional market share.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...