From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Brexit Britain's totalitarianism faces backlash
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 20:22:25 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 17 May 2023 19:22 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 16:36:06 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> > There were protesters that appeared to be ready to set off rape
> > alarms to freak out the horses. I don't know if that's true, but
> > these days it wouldn't surprise me.
>
> It wasn't true. It was another Met lie.
>
> The people arrested for handing out rape alarms in Soho were working
> on behalf of Westminster City Council as part of their long-running
> programme of keeping women safe on the streets of the Capital.
>
> It was a Met lie that these were protestors.
>
> It was another lie that they were doing anything intended to disrupt
> the coronation.

This Met nonsense gets even worse ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65621447

<quotes>

Three women's safety volunteers who were arrested were also released without charge. Westminster City Council has said it asked for an apology from the police to the Night Star volunteers, who hand out rape alarms.

Suzie Melvin, who volunteers for the Night Stars safety scheme and was arrested during the Coronation weekend, also spoke to MPs.

She described how the team were wearing hi-vis jackets "with the Metropolitan Police logo" due to their partnership with the force,and backpacks in the early hours of the Saturday morning on the Coronation weekend.

As they approached Soho Square in central London, officers looked through their bags and they were arrested and taken into police custody, despite them showing emails and leaflets from Westminster City Council and the Night Stars website, she said.

Ms Melvin stated the arresting police officer told her they were "specifically looking" for people from her organisation. She believed it could have been linked to volunteers carrying rape alarms, part of an "anti-spiking kit" they hand out to people enjoying a night out.

Ms Melvin was released the day after the Coronation.

</quotes>

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Brexit Britain's totalitarianism faces backlash