From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: EPG hopelessness
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 12:41:45 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:41 UTC

Switching to the news channel, my set told me I'd switched into
Newswatch, which of course I hadn't, as events have made all but rolling
news cancelled. Fair enough, I thought - events. But then there was
going to be the travel show - also cancelled, but also still there (in
both "now and next" and the guide). Finally, Click also out - so six to
eight hours of no updating.

I've noticed it's frequently wrong.

Finally, a trailer for the travel show was shown - OK, it only mentioned
iPlayer, but that was the last straw!

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove
that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are
right. -H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)

Re: EPG hopelessness

<vGGeDoDcpmPlFwTc@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9610&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9610

Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 14:21:16 +0000
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: EPG hopelessness
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 14:21 UTC

In message <008401da0a47$b9fd6c40$1101a8c0@BriansPC> at Sun, 29 Oct 2023
09:10:13, brian1gaff@gmail.com writes
>Its worse than that, a couple of weeks ago Really had a plug for a
>program coming up in the middle of the preceding program, right over
>the crucial dialogue of the program, The program they were plugging
>was in fact not on at all.

BBCNews finally got round to showing an episode of Click overnight. I
didn't notice whether the EPG was correct.

>I never looked at the EPG as its generally only a guide and must be
>being maintained by the work experience intern, who does not give an
>xxxx unless he can be on his phone.
>Brian
[]
On the whole I get the impression that it's not _maintained_ at all;
it's set up, maybe once a week, and then completely ignored. Very
occasionally it _might_ get tweaked if the great god Sport overruns,
though not usually even then.

The average age at which a woman has her first child has passed 30.
Jason Cowley, RT 2016/6/11-17