From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Audio from TVs
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 11:26:23 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 11:26 UTC

I notice that my Samsung, which has a terrible voice called Pico, is much
louder on Alexa than on its own voice. Indeed, you press the button on the
remote and say enable mushroom fm skill, and it plays it at twice the volume
of the TV audio. I have had to fit a knob on the feed to stop it overloading
the amp. If it seems to have no overload issues on its optical out and the
cheap analogue converter I use, then that is fine, but your ears are not.
Also the turning on and off sound is loud as well. Surely the software of
alexa should have a separate internal volume or be made the same as the rest
of the tv? The start up and exit sounds are so loud they nearly do your
brain in!

Incidentally, any skill you use on a Samsung tv with alexa, only remains
active while the TV is on. Next time you start it you have to enable it
again.And no the alexa volume down does nothing on the software version.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: Audio from TVs

<uj2kfl$1p5f9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9649&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9649

From: abu@uba.org (Abdul Sidu Ben Useless)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Audio from TVs
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:27:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Abdul Sidu Ben Usele - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:27 UTC

On Wed, 08 Nov 2023 11:26:23 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

> I notice that my Samsung, which has a terrible voice called Pico, is
> much louder on Alexa than on its own voice. Indeed, you press the button
> on the remote and say enable mushroom fm skill, and it plays it at twice
> the volume of the TV audio. I have had to fit a knob on the feed to stop
> it overloading the amp. If it seems to have no overload issues on its
> optical out and the cheap analogue converter I use, then that is fine,
> but your ears are not. Also the turning on and off sound is loud as
> well. Surely the software of alexa should have a separate internal
> volume or be made the same as the rest of the tv? The start up and exit
> sounds are so loud they nearly do your brain in!
>
> Incidentally, any skill you use on a Samsung tv with alexa, only remains
> active while the TV is on. Next time you start it you have to enable it
> again.And no the alexa volume down does nothing on the software version.
> Brian

yeah, they dont seem to know about 0dB RMS (1mW in 600 Ohms) anymore.

Re: Audio from TVs

<uj2up6$1r117$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9650&group=uk.tech.broadcast#9650

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:22:45 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:22 UTC

Yes the probability is that on an optical connection it has no meaning
maybe.
Brian

--

--: