From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Interest rates higher
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:56:57 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:56 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65891838

<quotes>

The UK has "no alternative" but to hike interest rates in a bid to tackle rising prices, the chancellor has said.

Jeremy Hunt said the government would be "unstinting in our support" for the Bank of England "to do what it takes" to slow inflation.

</quotes>

Higher interest rates are a perfectly good strategy when people have too much money, profiteers are pushing prices higher, causing inflation to rise.

That doesn't work when inflation is not driven by people having too much money but by greedy capitalist bastards gouging us for as all they can.

All increasing interest rates does is push those with little money into ever greater poverty and destitution.

And it actually drives inflation as those taking our money demand more to offset that, as gouging bastards do whatever they can to increase their wealth -

"The wholesale cost of grai is up 15% so we've increased your car insurance by 60%".

It's why the Bank of England's strategy hasn't worked, can't work, and why predicted falls in inflation haven't materialised.

We are trapped in a deadly spiral of increasing interest rates to fight inflation which is increasing inflation.

This is nothing short of genocide, a deliberate and determined cull of the poor, so it's no surprise to see CHunt and other tory scum support it.

But it's "the will of the people", what leavers voted for, so we can't complain. Those who voted for it only have themselves to blame, the rest of us have to accept we are merely collateral damage of our so-called democracy.

Re: Interest rates higher

<20230614131443.00001e72@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9775&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9775

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Interest rates higher
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 13:14:43 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:14 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:56:57 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> inflation is not driven by people having too
> much money but by greedy capitalist bastards gouging us for as all
> they can.

Sainsbury's have once again proved themselves masters of the gouge.

Their latest scam is to sell a range of goods with moderate mark-up to those willing to use a Nectar loyalty card.

Anyone who won't or can't get a Nectar Card faces a premium mark-up which can be 100% and more. Pure profit which goes into the back pockets of the gouging bastards who keep pretending they are doing all they can to keep costs low.

Every other Supermarket will undoubtedly follow suit, engage in the scam, and they will all pretend they are helping shoppers rather than penalising them for not having a loyalty card.

Our government, whose one job is to serve the people, stands back and does nothing, lets capitalist bastards bleed the people dry. Because that's who they actually serve.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Interest rates higher