Presidency: The greased pig in the field game of American politics. -- Ambrose Bierce

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

SubjectAuthor
* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine searchTWP
`* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine searchThe Happy Hippy
 +* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine searchTWP
 |`- "Banging sounds" heard in submarine searchThe Happy Hippy
 `* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine searchJeSSe
  +- "Banging sounds" heard in submarine searchThe Happy Hippy
  `* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk aboutJeSSe
   `* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk aboutThe Happy Hippy
    `* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk aboutJeSSe
     `* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk aboutThe Happy Hippy
      `* "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk aboutJeSSe
       `- "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk aboutThe Happy Hippy

1
"Banging sounds" heard in submarine search

<GRvkM.1847$7erd.7@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9917&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9917

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:25:58 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:25 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941

'Banging was still heard' four hours after first detection

The internal US Department of Homeland Security memos being reported say
the underwater banging sounds could be heard for hours.

After the inital pick-up by a Candian aircraft, additional sonar was
deployed to the area four hours later where "banging was still heard".

CNN is also reporting an updated memo sent Tuesday night, which suggested
more sounds were picked up.

“Additional acoustic feedback was heard and will assist in vectoring
surface assets and also indicating continued hope of survivors,” said the
second memo according to CNN's report.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search

<20230621151957.00002102@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9927&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9927

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:19:57 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:19 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:25:58 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> pointed to:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941
: > The internal US Department of Homeland Security memos being reported
> say the underwater banging sounds could be heard for hours.

Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that.

I don't understand why there is such a fuss being kicked up about the vessel having not been approved by official bodies, especially from America, a country renowned for opposing regulatory requirements, which are considered an unnecessary and unwanted impingement on freedom, nanny-stateism at its worst.

It is pure hypocrisy to hear those, who say people should be allowed to do whatever they choose to do, now insisting they shouldn't be allowed to.

It's just opportunist and preemptive apportioning of blame.

That's not to say there is nothing which couldn't perhaps have been done better. The latest fear is, if they do bob to the surface, they could still suffocate. It seems to me that it wouldn't have been impossible to create a plug which wouldn't leak while diving, which wouldn't implode at depth, and could have been fairly easily popped open on the surface.

Maybe that's not feasible - and hindsight is a wonderful thing, while approvals aren't all they are cracked up to be. That the Titanic is what they were visiting is a cold reminder of that, as is every plane crash.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search

<AkEkM.17311$Ug65.15245@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9929&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9929

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:05:04 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:05 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:19:57 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:25:58 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> pointed
> to:
>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941
> :
>> The internal US Department of Homeland Security memos being reported
>> say the underwater banging sounds could be heard for hours.
>
> Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering around
> catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that.
>
> I don't understand why there is such a fuss being kicked up about the
> vessel having not been approved by official bodies, especially from
> America, a country renowned for opposing regulatory requirements, which
> are considered an unnecessary and unwanted impingement on freedom,
> nanny-stateism at its worst.
>
> It is pure hypocrisy to hear those, who say people should be allowed to
> do whatever they choose to do, now insisting they shouldn't be allowed
> to.
>
> It's just opportunist and preemptive apportioning of blame.
>
> That's not to say there is nothing which couldn't perhaps have been done
> better. The latest fear is, if they do bob to the surface, they could
> still suffocate. It seems to me that it wouldn't have been impossible to
> create a plug which wouldn't leak while diving, which wouldn't implode
> at depth, and could have been fairly easily popped open on the surface.
>
> Maybe that's not feasible - and hindsight is a wonderful thing, while
> approvals aren't all they are cracked up to be. That the Titanic is what
> they were visiting is a cold reminder of that, as is every plane crash.

I've heard non-expert speculation that the hatch thing was to stop people
going nuts and trying to get out. Maybe it's true and maybe it isn't. It
seems unlikely you could open a hatch against the weight of anything but
the shallowest water but maybe it would lose it's seal.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search

<20230621172702.00004358@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9930&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9930

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:27:02 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:27 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:05:04 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've heard non-expert speculation that the hatch thing was to stop
> people going nuts and trying to get out. Maybe it's true and maybe
> it isn't. It seems unlikely you could open a hatch against the
> weight of anything but the shallowest water but maybe it would lose
> it's seal.

I can't see that being likely either. You can't even open a car door just partially submerged without some equalising of pressure first.

I am not sure why they didn't use a more traditional lock from the inside hatch and rely on water pressure to hold it sealed. Perhaps because it's on the front of the craft rather than on top, and opening it would simply flood the vessel if it wasn't out of the water. Best to prevent that ever being a possibility.

I'd presuming it was deemed no less safe providing the sub is out of the water and there is oxygen to spare.

The Apollo 1 tragedy involded the opposite; the hatch opening inward with the capsule being pressurised.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search

<nCGkM.6420$zcM5.3691@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9933&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9933

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:40:35 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:40 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:25:58 GMT
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> pointed to:
>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941
> :
>> The internal US Department of Homeland Security memos being reported
>> say the underwater banging sounds could be heard for hours.
>
> Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that.

Oh, is that what it "means"
No one has the faintest idea if these alleged sounds are being made by
humans trapped in a coffin, something else, or a figment of someones
imagination.
Far, far too early to rule out design flaws.

> I don't understand why there is such a fuss being kicked up about the vessel having not been approved by official bodies,

Fairly obvious even to a non obsessed moron but you are obsessed that is
clear, I suspect your love for this POS will shoot off the charts once
you read about his disdain for older, experienced white guys.

Destructive testing [leading to type certification], which is done on
just about everything involving passenger/crew safety from cars to
aircraft to trains to ships, revels structural flaws, design defects and
altitude [in the case of aircraft], impact [in the case of cars] and
depth [in the case of improvised submersibles] limitations in a way
which no other tests or computer models possibly can.
Without it, you are relying on the claims of some guy who has a ve$ted
interest in you believing what he says, no proof required.

But those cost $$, take time and the near certain possibility of failure
would ruin this grifters plan$, so none were done ,, And they relied on
novel acoustic sensors to detect anomalies and fatigue in real time -
Only problem being that these would only be detected under heavy
pressure, and destruction of the improvised, half assed vessel would
result shortly thereafter.

The wonder to me is not that it wasn't done but rather that it was not
required to be done in order to take paying customers to insane depths
far beyond what a whale or even USN nuclear sub can go ,, And I suspect
that is about to change, though its hard to see a rush of fly by night
entrepreneurs rushing in to fill the void of trips to the Titanic.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search

<20230621213128.000079e0@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9942&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9942

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:31:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:31 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:40:35 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> > I don't understand why there is such a fuss being kicked up about
> > the vessel having not been approved by official bodies,
>
> Fairly obvious even to a non obsessed moron

I can understand the left's love of regulation, I can understand the left's love for the nanny state, the left's adversity to risk, the left's love for sacrificing freedom in the name of safety, the left's willingness to surrender control and liberty.

But I'm surprised to hear you and others on the right supporting woke lefty snowflakes.

Have you been paid off by George Soros ?

Or are you simply trolling ?

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

<DfKkM.2071$LQ3.1542@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9952&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9952

Subject: Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about
banging
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:49:23 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:49 UTC

JeSSe wrote:
> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:25:58 GMT
>> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> pointed to:
>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941
>> :
>>> The internal US Department of Homeland Security memos being reported
>>> say the underwater banging sounds could be heard for hours.
>>
>> Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
>> around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that.
>
> Oh, is that what it "means"
> No one has the faintest idea if these alleged sounds are being made by
> humans trapped in a coffin, something else, or a figment of someones
> imagination.
> Far, far too early to rule out design flaws.

USN not quite as happy and certain about "banging noises" being proof of
anything than the resident shill is.
My take, as always, rooted in reality and facts as they are known - They
may or may not be emanating from stricken sub, they may or may not be
even caused by humans or any life form.

We shall see. SOS is easy, as are elementary tap codes.
If I was trapped in that sub I would be banging out non stop as much
info as possible, not just HELP but condition, cause of incident and
position, if known, relative to the Titanic wreck.

Anyone who has read anything about US prisoners in Hanoi would be
familiar enough with these to do it themselves. CEO is former USAF, he
would certainly know basic tap codes as I have my entire adult life

HELP would be H[bang bang[pause] bang bang bang E[bang[pause]bang bang
bang bang bang L[bang bang bang[pause]bang P[bang bang bang[pause]5 bangs
https://nemiss.news/harris-former-vietnam-pow-speaks-at-the-museum-nov-20/

No indication at all anything like a rudimentary distress call was
heard, much less any detailed info that someone whos very life depends
on people receiving it would make

Coast Guard says MORE underwater 'banging' noises were heard this
morning in search for missing Titanic sub - but Navy doesn't know what
they are - as search area expands to twice the size of Connecticut

Deep Energy, which is deploying remote operated subs, is now at the
site
10,000 square miles of ocean surface have been searched to no avail

He would not confirm that they were 30 minutes apart, as had been
reported, nor did he describe them as being an SOS signal, as others had
claimed.

However Frederick said the sounds and the ongoing search meant there was
still reason 'for hope'.

'Several flights heard noises yesterday... the P-3 heard noises today as
well. We don't know what the noises are, to be frank with you... they
have been described as banging noises but they are inconclusive.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12218631/First-picture-missing-Titanic-sub-search-site-oxygen-dwindles-24-hours.html

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

<20230621231342.0000504a@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9955&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9955

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
banging
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 23:13:42 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:13 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:49:23 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> If I was trapped in that sub I would be banging out non stop as much
> info as possible

Which once again shows how ignorant you are, how little you know about the things you pretend to be an expert in.

But maybe wanting to see people dead is more deeply wired into your DNA than I thought it was.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

<CJOkM.20941$k4z1.1202@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9958&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9958

banging
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:54:27 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 02:54 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:49:23 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> If I was trapped in that sub I would be banging out non stop as much
>> info as possible
>
> Which once again shows how ignorant you are, how little you know about the things you pretend to be an expert in.

Perplexed by a simple tap code that a 2nd grader could learn in 20 minutes ?
No surprise for a guy living in grandmas basement his entire life

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

<20230622114522.000065d6@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9962&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9962

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
banging
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:45:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 10:45 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:54:27 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:49:23 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> If I was trapped in that sub I would be banging out non stop as
> >> much info as possible
> >
> > Which once again shows how ignorant you are, how little you know
> > about the things you pretend to be an expert in.
>

> Perplexed by a simple tap code that a 2nd grader could learn in 20
> minutes ?

No, taps codes are not perplexing. It's your "I would be banging out non stop as much info as possible" which is your fatal mistake.

The more you do, and the more often you do it, the more oxygen you expend, the quicker you run out of oxygen, the sooner you and everyone else dies. Your strategy would decrease chances of survival.

That's why the protocol is to bang for three minutes every half hour, ideally on the hour and half hour.

That is simple enough and regular enough to be distinguishable from any other random noises which may be heard in an ocean. It not being random is what makes it more likely 'proof of life', while minimising oxygen use, maximising survival time, maximising rescue time.

That's what it was believed the USCG had confirmed when they reported banging having been detected though it now appears it may have not been the case.

Unfortunately the USCG appears unwilling to clarify what they meant, what they actually detected, which is contributing to criticism of the rescue effort.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

<d50lM.23685$WpOe.5380@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9981&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9981

banging
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:07:05 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:07 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:54:27 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> Which once again shows how ignorant you are, how little you know
>>> about the things you pretend to be an expert in.
>>

>> Perplexed by a simple tap code that a 2nd grader could learn in 20
>> minutes ?
>
> No, taps codes are not perplexing. It's your "I would be banging out non stop as much info as possible" which is your fatal mistake.
>
> The more you do, and the more often you do it, the more oxygen you expend, the quicker you run out of oxygen, the sooner you and everyone else dies. Your strategy would decrease chances of survival.

Wait, am not going to read any of your horse crap further.
You are laying on your stomach most likely pitch black, doing nothing
but trying to advert panic. You are freezing your ass off, more than
likely have others around you moaning and going out of their minds - But
you have the only possible solution !
Let them know 100% you are there, let them know your approximate
location ! You already know a world class rescue operation is in
progress, this will energize it like nothing else !
Simply moving your wrist to tap is going to expend more oxygen than if
you were just lying still wallowing in your fears ?

Horseshit, as usual.

Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging

<20230622195650.0000060f@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9990&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9990

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
banging
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:56:50 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:56 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:07:05 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:54:27 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> >> Perplexed by a simple tap code that a 2nd grader could learn in 20
> >> minutes ?
> >
> > No, taps codes are not perplexing. It's your "I would be banging
> > out non stop as much info as possible" which is your fatal mistake.
> >
> > The more you do, and the more often you do it, the more oxygen you
> > expend, the quicker you run out of oxygen, the sooner you and
> > everyone else dies. Your strategy would decrease chances of
> > survival.
>
> Wait, am not going to read any of your horse crap further.
> You are laying on your stomach most likely pitch black, doing nothing
> but trying to advert panic. You are freezing your ass off, more than
> likely have others around you moaning and going out of their minds

Cool story bro but needs more dragons.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: "Banging sounds" heard in submarine search Lets talk about banging