What the gods would destroy they first submit to an IEEE standards committee.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screen

SubjectAuthor
* Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
+* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenEd Cryer
|`* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
| `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenEd Cryer
|  `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
|   `- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenEd Cryer
+* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenAndy Burns
|+- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
|`* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenSten deJoode
| `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
|  `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenEd Cryer
|   `- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
`* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenPeter Johnson
 +* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenAndy Burns
 |+* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenAndy Burns
 ||`- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenEd Cryer
 |`* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
 | +* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenChar Jackson
 | |`* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenPaul
 | | `- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
 | `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenAndy Burns
 |  `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
 |   `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenAndy Burns
 |    `- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
 `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky
  `* Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenAndy Burns
   `- Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screenmicky

Pages:12
Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screen

<upgonc$26bev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=77958&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#77958

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Subject: Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screen
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 18:42:34 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 18:42 UTC

micky wrote:
> In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 1 Feb 2024 01:20:23 -0500, Sten
> deJoode <StendeJood@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 12:59:54 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
>>
>>> How would that work if there was something you wanted to click near the
>>> edge?
>>
>> I set up dual monitors long ago but there are two switches I remember
>> setting so that the taskbar didn't move & windows didn't jump around.
>>
>> One is to disable snap to window boundaries using Windows+I key settings.
>> Win+I > Settings > System > Multitasking > Snap windows = off
>>
>> That turns off all three actions
>> 1. When I snap a windows, automatically size it to fill available space
>> 2. When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it
>> 3. When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent
>> snapped window
>
> Thanks. Several of the software programs I looked at mentioned
> snapping interference, but I still didn't know what snapping was or how
> to turn it off. You've explained all that.
>
>> I forget what that second thing was though.
>
> That's okay. I can't have everything.

Did this work for you?
I keep it off. Was yours on?
This strikes me as a very likely culprit with your problem.

Ed

Re: Keep the cursor away from the edge of the screen

<af2orilfaj8ofci57rhbtdndkupjn1cvde@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=77961&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#77961

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 16:20:49 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:20 UTC

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 1 Feb 2024 18:42:34 +0000, Ed Cryer
<ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>> In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 1 Feb 2024 01:20:23 -0500, Sten
>> deJoode <StendeJood@nospam.net> wrote:

>>> I set up dual monitors long ago but there are two switches I remember
>>> setting so that the taskbar didn't move & windows didn't jump around.
>>>
>>> One is to disable snap to window boundaries using Windows+I key settings.
>>> Win+I > Settings > System > Multitasking > Snap windows = off
>>>
>>> That turns off all three actions
>>> 1. When I snap a windows, automatically size it to fill available space
>>> 2. When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it
>>> 3. When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent
>>> snapped window
>>
>> Thanks. Several of the software programs I looked at mentioned
>> snapping interference, but I still didn't know what snapping was or how
>> to turn it off. You've explained all that.
>>
>>> I forget what that second thing was though.
>>
>> That's okay. I can't have everything.
>
>Did this work for you?
>I keep it off. Was yours on?
>This strikes me as a very likely culprit with your problem.

It was on. Since I didn't know what snapping was, I didn't have a sense
as to whther it was related to my problems with Synergy.

But now I think I understand that having it ON makes it easier to move
the window sides, top and bottom to full screen. I really like that. I
like every window that can do it to be in full screen, and there are
windows that don't want to do it, that can be the next size down but
that can still be full screen if you move the side out as far as they
will go.

I've stopped trying to make Synergy or Mouse without Borders work and
I've not tried any of the others yet. I had to get some work done and I
put back the second keyboard.

But later I will try again to get one of th KV programs to work, and I
will turn off snapping to see if that makes a difference.