E = MC ** 2 +- 3db

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Keyboard key size

SubjectAuthor
* Keyboard key sizeCameo
+* Re: Keyboard key sizebadgolferman
|`* Re: Keyboard key sizebadgolferman
| `- Re: Keyboard key sizeCameo
+* Re: Keyboard key sizeYour Name
|`- Re: Keyboard key sizeCameo
+- Re: Keyboard key sizesms
+* Re: Keyboard key sizeJörg Lorenz
|`* Re: Keyboard key sizeHank Rogers
| `* Re: Keyboard key sizeWally J
|  `* Re: Keyboard key sizeCameo
|   +* Re: Keyboard key sizebadgolferman
|   |`* Re: Keyboard key sizeWally J
|   | `- Re: Keyboard key sizeCameo
|   +- Re: Keyboard key sizeHank Rogers
|   `* Re: Keyboard key sizeChris
|    `* Re: Keyboard key sizeWally J
|     `- Re: Keyboard key sizeAlan
`- Re: Keyboard key sizeChris

1
Keyboard key size

<uirbf6$7cac$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10111&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10111

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Keyboard key size
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 21:10:14 +0100
 by: Cameo - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:10 UTC

I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
also be useable with other European languages.
Thanks.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uirbqe$7dul$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10112&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10112

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Keyboard key size
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:16:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:3ifXlrb7hNRbcmp21JNOeSBhdu4=
 by: badgolferman - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:16 UTC

Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
> also be useable with other European languages.
> Thanks.

If you turn the phone sideways does that make the keyboard big enough

Re: Keyboard key size

<uirgtt$84nc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10117&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10117

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:43:25 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 21:43 UTC

On 2023-11-12 20:10:14 +0000, Cameo said:

> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
> also be useable with other European languages.
> Thanks.

Turn the iPhone sideways / landscape and the keys will be bigger.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uithms$n9hi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10135&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10135

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:09:01 +0100
 by: Cameo - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:09 UTC

On 11/12/2023 10:43 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2023-11-12 20:10:14 +0000, Cameo said:
>>
>> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
>> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
>> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
>> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
>> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
>> also be useable with other European languages.
>> Thanks.
>
> Turn the iPhone sideways / landscape and the keys will be bigger.

Except it will be inconvenient for other reason.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uitjvp$nj1t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10137&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10137

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:47:52 -0600
 by: sms - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:47 UTC

On 11/12/2023 2:10 PM, Cameo wrote:
> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
> also be useable with other European languages.
> Thanks.

Use an active stylus, i.e. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L4QRYNN/.
Hopefully a future iPhone will have an Apple Pencil option, just like
iPads do now, and like some Samsung and Motorola phones have.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: Keyboard key size

<uitu4l$s3n2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10143&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10143

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:41:09 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 19:41 UTC

On 12.11.23 21:10, Cameo wrote:
> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
> also be useable with other European languages.
> Thanks.

Very funny. My Pixel 7 has much smaller keyboard keys than my iPhone 14.
Both with standard keyboards.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem" (Ovid)

Re: Keyboard key size

<I6v4N.2803$Ck2e.787@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10144&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10144

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:51:02 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 19:51 UTC

Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 12.11.23 21:10, Cameo wrote:
>> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
>> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
>> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
>> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
>> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
>> also be useable with other European languages.
>> Thanks.
>
> Very funny. My Pixel 7 has much smaller keyboard keys than my iPhone 14.
> Both with standard keyboards.

They made it special for you, jughead.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiu010$sfp0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10146&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10146

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:13:20 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:13 UTC

Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> Very funny. My Pixel 7 has much smaller keyboard keys than my iPhone 14.
>> Both with standard keyboards.
>>

> They made it special for you, jughead.

It's pretty bad that Joerg Lorenz knows nothing about either iOS or
Android... and yet "Jughead Lorenz" still feels he needs to tell us that.

What Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize is on his Android, he can change the
keyboard to any keyboard with any features that he wants to change it to.

Checking my Android keyboard list, it looks like I have these installed.
Settings > General Management > Keyboard list and default
Samsung Keyboard
Google Voice Typing
OpenBoard
Keepass2Android
Automate
Button Mapper
Key Mapper Basic Input Method
OpenBoard valencia <--- This is a more recent fork of "OpenBoard"
Keyboard button on navigation bar = on
etc.

Sure, Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize he can swapin and swapout keyboards.
But what's worse about Joerg Lorenz is he has no helpful bone in his body.

But this is an iOS thread so what Jughead Lorenz says is of no consequence.

To help, on my iOS 16.7.2 iPad there's "Settings > General > Keyboard".
Mine says "Keyboard = 2" and then there is an "Add new keyboard"
selection below that, although it's mostly filled with languages.

There are also a ton of keyboard-related settings such as
Text Replacement
Enable Caps Lock
Shortcuts
Predictive
Smart Punctuation
Split Keyboard
Enable Key Flicks
Slide on Floating Keyboard to Type
Delete Slide-to-Type by Word
"." Shortcut
Enable Dictation
Auto-Punctuation
Memoji Stickers
etc.

But, unfortunately, nothing saying "big buttons" or something like that.
But the Settings do imply that you can add a new keyboard, do they not?

Maybe this means that the OP can find a replacement "big button" keyboard
in the Apple App Store and set his default keyboard to that new keyboard?

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiu0gl$si85$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10148&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10148

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:21:41 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:X/MQL9fUsqotcKp4Ynvn95k9d1Q=
 by: badgolferman - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:21 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
>> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
>> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
>> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
>> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
>> also be useable with other European languages.
>> Thanks.
>>

> If you turn the phone sideways does that make the keyboard big enough

Try this:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/big-keys-keyboard/id1187555128

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiu3pa$t0sk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10151&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10151

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:17:30 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:aHxk6LFX7YAxdB/qitpqs49+f7k=
 by: Chris - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:17 UTC

Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
> also be useable with other European languages.
> Thanks.

Enable "Slide to type" then key size no longer matters. It works with
multiple languages sans problème.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiu3ri$svom$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10152&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10152

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:18:44 +0100
 by: Cameo - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:18 UTC

On 11/13/2023 9:21 PM, badgolferman wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>>> I have just switched from Android to iOS with iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am
>>> surprised how small the keys are, even though the Pro Max display is
>>> larger than that of my old Android phone's. It is very hard for my
>>> fingers. I wonder if any of you could recommend an alternate keyboard
>>> with larger keys than the stock keyboard has. The alt. keyboard should
>>> also be useable with other European languages.
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> If you turn the phone sideways does that make the keyboard big enough
>>

> Try this:
>
> https://apps.apple.com/us/app/big-keys-keyboard/id1187555128

Thanks. I'll check this out.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiu4k2$t4dc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10154&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10154

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:31:48 +0100
 by: Cameo - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:31 UTC

On 11/13/2023 9:13 PM, Wally J wrote:
> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
>>> Very funny. My Pixel 7 has much smaller keyboard keys than my iPhone 14.
>>> Both with standard keyboards.
>>>

>> They made it special for you, jughead.
>
> It's pretty bad that Joerg Lorenz knows nothing about either iOS or
> Android... and yet "Jughead Lorenz" still feels he needs to tell us that.
>
> What Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize is on his Android, he can change the
> keyboard to any keyboard with any features that he wants to change it to.
>
> Checking my Android keyboard list, it looks like I have these installed.
> Settings > General Management > Keyboard list and default
> Samsung Keyboard
> Google Voice Typing
> OpenBoard
> Keepass2Android
> Automate
> Button Mapper
> Key Mapper Basic Input Method
> OpenBoard valencia <--- This is a more recent fork of "OpenBoard"
> Keyboard button on navigation bar = on
> etc.
>
> Sure, Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize he can swapin and swapout keyboards.
> But what's worse about Joerg Lorenz is he has no helpful bone in his body.
>

> But this is an iOS thread so what Jughead Lorenz says is of no consequence.
>
> To help, on my iOS 16.7.2 iPad there's "Settings > General > Keyboard".
> Mine says "Keyboard = 2" and then there is an "Add new keyboard"
> selection below that, although it's mostly filled with languages.
>
> There are also a ton of keyboard-related settings such as
> Text Replacement
> Enable Caps Lock
> Shortcuts
> Predictive
> Smart Punctuation
> Split Keyboard
> Enable Key Flicks
> Slide on Floating Keyboard to Type
> Delete Slide-to-Type by Word
> "." Shortcut
> Enable Dictation
> Auto-Punctuation
> Memoji Stickers
> etc.
>
> But, unfortunately, nothing saying "big buttons" or something like that.
> But the Settings do imply that you can add a new keyboard, do they not?
>
> Maybe this means that the OP can find a replacement "big button" keyboard
> in the Apple App Store and set his default keyboard to that new keyboard?

That's the idea. I think what I liked at Android is that I could use the
languaage-specific keyboard layout, QWERTY or QWERTZ. For instance when
I chose German language, I could also use the keyboard layout German
speakers tend to use, with all the umlaut letters, such as ö or ü.
With Polish language I could get a Polish keyboard with those "strange"
Polish characters, such as ł or ś. I don't see any provision for this in
iOS so far.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiu687$tb01$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10155&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10155

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:59:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:0VO2HSXd354/Ccpn1ZEpLBi/I7Y=
 by: badgolferman - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:59 UTC

Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/13/2023 9:13 PM, Wally J wrote:
>> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote

>>> They made it special for you, jughead.
>>
>> It's pretty bad that Joerg Lorenz knows nothing about either iOS or
>> Android... and yet "Jughead Lorenz" still feels he needs to tell us that.
>>
>> What Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize is on his Android, he can change the
>> keyboard to any keyboard with any features that he wants to change it to.
>>
>> Checking my Android keyboard list, it looks like I have these installed.
>> Settings > General Management > Keyboard list and default
>> Samsung Keyboard
>> Google Voice Typing
>> OpenBoard
>> Keepass2Android
>> Automate
>> Button Mapper
>> Key Mapper Basic Input Method
>> OpenBoard valencia <--- This is a more recent fork of "OpenBoard"
>> Keyboard button on navigation bar = on
>> etc.
>>
>> Sure, Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize he can swapin and swapout keyboards.
>> But what's worse about Joerg Lorenz is he has no helpful bone in his body.
>>

>> But this is an iOS thread so what Jughead Lorenz says is of no consequence.
>>
>> To help, on my iOS 16.7.2 iPad there's "Settings > General > Keyboard".
>> Mine says "Keyboard = 2" and then there is an "Add new keyboard"
>> selection below that, although it's mostly filled with languages.
>>
>> There are also a ton of keyboard-related settings such as
>> Text Replacement
>> Enable Caps Lock
>> Shortcuts
>> Predictive
>> Smart Punctuation
>> Split Keyboard
>> Enable Key Flicks
>> Slide on Floating Keyboard to Type
>> Delete Slide-to-Type by Word
>> "." Shortcut
>> Enable Dictation
>> Auto-Punctuation
>> Memoji Stickers
>> etc.
>>
>> But, unfortunately, nothing saying "big buttons" or something like that.
>> But the Settings do imply that you can add a new keyboard, do they not?
>>
>> Maybe this means that the OP can find a replacement "big button" keyboard
>> in the Apple App Store and set his default keyboard to that new keyboard?
>
> That's the idea. I think what I liked at Android is that I could use the
> languaage-specific keyboard layout, QWERTY or QWERTZ. For instance when
> I chose German language, I could also use the keyboard layout German
> speakers tend to use, with all the umlaut letters, such as ö or ü.
> With Polish language I could get a Polish keyboard with those "strange"
> Polish characters, such as ł or ś. I don't see any provision for this in
> iOS so far.

You can install different language keyboards from the Keyboards menu in
Settings. You also hold a key down to see other versions of that letter.

Re: Keyboard key size

<v0x4N.30654$_Oab.10640@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10156&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10156

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:00:57 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:00 UTC

Cameo wrote:
> [...]
>>   Memoji Stickers
>>   etc.
>>
>> But, unfortunately, nothing saying "big buttons" or something
>> like that.
>> But the Settings do imply that you can add a new keyboard, do
>> they not?
>>
>> Maybe this means that the OP can find a replacement "big
>> button" keyboard
>> in the Apple App Store and set his default keyboard to that
>> new keyboard?
>
> That's the idea. I think what I liked at Android is that I
> could use the languaage-specific keyboard layout, QWERTY or
> QWERTZ. For instance when I chose German language, I could also
> use the keyboard layout German speakers tend to use, with all
> the umlaut letters, such as ö or ü.
> With Polish language I could get a Polish keyboard with those
> "strange" Polish characters, such as ł or ś. I don't see any

Did you go to the settings and try to add a german or polish
keyboard?

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiugao$uieo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10160&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10160

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:51:36 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 00:51 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

> You can install different language keyboards from the Keyboards menu in
> Settings. You also hold a key down to see other versions of that letter.

To continue to assist the OP, I agree with badgolferman that in my iOS
16.7.2 iPad there's "Settings > General > Keyboard" and then if I tap the
"English (US)" item at the top, it has the following keyboards selectable
QWERTY <--- checked
AZERTY
QWERTZ
Dvorak

BTW, I don't even know what those other keyboards are, but since I learned
typing in the sixties on a huge green heavy round-ball IBM Selectric,
probably none of them will be a F-space-J-space-D-space-K-space keyboard
that I learned on (I still remember the teacher testing us that way!).

To further help the OP, I ran an App Store search for
"Keyboard Big Keys"
and it found stuff like the "Big Keys Keyboard" and "Typewise Custom
Keyboard" with "Large Big Keys" (whatever a "large big" key is).

For three dollars, they have a "Big Keys Low Vision Keyboard" and the
"CozyKey Pro" "simple but bigger" keyboards and for a dollar they have the
"Larger Keyboard" by "Productivity" and "Rhomboard" "Big keyboard for
better typing" app.

There's even a free "KeyboardKit" saying "Your custom keyboard" that you
might try (along with a bunch of other custom keyboards that may have
bigger keys).

I'd normally screenshot all this for you but it's terrible to transfer
screenshots from iOS to the PC so you'll have to take my word for it.
--
The whole point of Usenet is to reach out to others to help them, and to
learn from them and then to add to the group's tribal knowledge for others.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uiv7f5$155n4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10163&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10163

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 07:26:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:besyKeH+4ZID9wWy0BbzUaUv0Sg=
 by: Chris - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 07:26 UTC

Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> On 11/13/2023 9:13 PM, Wally J wrote:
>> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote

>>> They made it special for you, jughead.
>>
>> It's pretty bad that Joerg Lorenz knows nothing about either iOS or
>> Android... and yet "Jughead Lorenz" still feels he needs to tell us that.
>>
>> What Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize is on his Android, he can change the
>> keyboard to any keyboard with any features that he wants to change it to.
>>
>> Checking my Android keyboard list, it looks like I have these installed.
>> Settings > General Management > Keyboard list and default
>> Samsung Keyboard
>> Google Voice Typing
>> OpenBoard
>> Keepass2Android
>> Automate
>> Button Mapper
>> Key Mapper Basic Input Method
>> OpenBoard valencia <--- This is a more recent fork of "OpenBoard"
>> Keyboard button on navigation bar = on
>> etc.
>>
>> Sure, Jughead Lorenz doesn't realize he can swapin and swapout keyboards.
>> But what's worse about Joerg Lorenz is he has no helpful bone in his body.
>>

>> But this is an iOS thread so what Jughead Lorenz says is of no consequence.
>>
>> To help, on my iOS 16.7.2 iPad there's "Settings > General > Keyboard".
>> Mine says "Keyboard = 2" and then there is an "Add new keyboard"
>> selection below that, although it's mostly filled with languages.
>>
>> There are also a ton of keyboard-related settings such as
>> Text Replacement
>> Enable Caps Lock
>> Shortcuts
>> Predictive
>> Smart Punctuation
>> Split Keyboard
>> Enable Key Flicks
>> Slide on Floating Keyboard to Type
>> Delete Slide-to-Type by Word
>> "." Shortcut
>> Enable Dictation
>> Auto-Punctuation
>> Memoji Stickers
>> etc.
>>
>> But, unfortunately, nothing saying "big buttons" or something like that.
>> But the Settings do imply that you can add a new keyboard, do they not?
>>
>> Maybe this means that the OP can find a replacement "big button" keyboard
>> in the Apple App Store and set his default keyboard to that new keyboard?
>
> That's the idea. I think what I liked at Android is that I could use the
> languaage-specific keyboard layout, QWERTY or QWERTZ. For instance when
> I chose German language, I could also use the keyboard layout German
> speakers tend to use, with all the umlaut letters, such as ö or ü.
> With Polish language I could get a Polish keyboard with those "strange"
> Polish characters, such as ł or ś. I don't see any provision for this in
> iOS so far.

Add additional keyboards under Settings -> General -> Keyboard. I have the
french AZERTY keyboard as well as QWERTY.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uivfq1$3bup9$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10164&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10164

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 05:48:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 09:48 UTC

Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Maybe this means that the OP can find a replacement "big button" keyboard
>>> in the Apple App Store and set his default keyboard to that new keyboard?
>>
>> That's the idea. I think what I liked at Android is that I could use the
>> languaage-specific keyboard layout, QWERTY or QWERTZ. For instance when
>> I chose German language, I could also use the keyboard layout German
>> speakers tend to use, with all the umlaut letters, such as � or �.
>> With Polish language I could get a Polish keyboard with those "strange"
>> Polish characters, such as � or �. I don't see any provision for this in
>> iOS so far.
>
> Add additional keyboards under Settings -> General -> Keyboard. I have the
> french AZERTY keyboard as well as QWERTY.

What I love is how this thread, which doesn't have any of the iKooks on it,
is focused on helping the OP solve the problem by giving heartfelt advice.

Re: Keyboard key size

<uj0b47$1akfm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10172&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10172

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 09:35:02 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:35 UTC

On 2023-11-14 01:48, Wally J wrote:
> Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote

>>> That's the idea. I think what I liked at Android is that I could use the
>>> languaage-specific keyboard layout, QWERTY or QWERTZ. For instance when
>>> I chose German language, I could also use the keyboard layout German
>>> speakers tend to use, with all the umlaut letters, such as ö or ü.
>>> With Polish language I could get a Polish keyboard with those "strange"
>>> Polish characters, such as ł or ś. I don't see any provision for this in
>>> iOS so far.
>>
>> Add additional keyboards under Settings -> General -> Keyboard. I have the
>> french AZERTY keyboard as well as QWERTY.
>
> What I love is how this thread, which doesn't have any of the iKooks on it,
> is focused on helping the OP solve the problem by giving heartfelt advice.

And your contribution in this post has been...

....what exactly...

....other than to feed your own narcissism?

Re: Keyboard key size

<uj56rr$29nv2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10217&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10217

From: cameo@unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 14:53:02 +0100
 by: Cameo - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:53 UTC

On 11/14/2023 1:51 AM, Wally J wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote
>
>> You can install different language keyboards from the Keyboards menu in
>> Settings. You also hold a key down to see other versions of that letter.
>
> To continue to assist the OP, I agree with badgolferman that in my iOS
> 16.7.2 iPad there's "Settings > General > Keyboard" and then if I tap the
> "English (US)" item at the top, it has the following keyboards selectable
> QWERTY <--- checked
> AZERTY
> QWERTZ
> Dvorak
>
> BTW, I don't even know what those other keyboards are, but since I learned
> typing in the sixties on a huge green heavy round-ball IBM Selectric,
> probably none of them will be a F-space-J-space-D-space-K-space keyboard
> that I learned on (I still remember the teacher testing us that way!).
>
> To further help the OP, I ran an App Store search for
> "Keyboard Big Keys"
> and it found stuff like the "Big Keys Keyboard" and "Typewise Custom
> Keyboard" with "Large Big Keys" (whatever a "large big" key is).

Big Keys looked promising, though a bit expensive. And I especially shy
away from those "free trial period" deals where they want my credit card
right away at the start of the free period, instead of the end of free
period. You have to suspect ulterior motive there. At best they make it
very hard to bail out at the end of such free periods in my experience.
Personally I would prefer a one-time price than recurring payments.

> For three dollars, they have a "Big Keys Low Vision Keyboard" and the
> "CozyKey Pro" "simple but bigger" keyboards and for a dollar they have the
> "Larger Keyboard" by "Productivity" and "Rhomboard" "Big keyboard for
> better typing" app.

I may check out the CozyKey.

Thanks for the research.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Keyboard key size