From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: iMessage comes to Nothing’s_Android_phones
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:57:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:57 UTC

In the US, Apple’s iMessage is so popular that the fact it shows texts
from non-iOS handsets in a different color is a big deal. This status
anxiety is so great, the Android world has begged regulators to force
Apple to… change the color of a text bubble. Now, Nothing is taking
matters into its own hands, partnering with unified messaging platform
Sunbird to hide that shame. Sunbird uses your Apple ID to route comms
between your Nothing phone and your friends’ iPhones through a server
farm of Mac Minis. If it works as well as promised, it means your
friends won’t know you own an Android handset… until the next time you
see them in person.

Of course, none of this is happening with Apple’s blessing, so it needs
a workaround. You need to hand over your credentials to a third party
and risk the fallout should Apple decide to intervene. Nothing CEO Carl
Pei believes Apple can’t risk the bad PR if it shuts Sunbird down, but
that’s not a bet I’d like to take. It’s worth saying this is almost
unique to the US — most of the world just uses third-party platforms
like WhatsApp. Not to mention if your friends give you grief because of
the phone you own, they aren’t your friends.

https://www.engadget.com/the-morning-after-imessage-comes-to-nothings-android-phones-for-now-121541024.html

Re: iMessage comes to Nothing’s Android phones

<uj5lp8$2c5nc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10233&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10233

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re:_iMessage_comes_to_Nothing’s_Android_phones
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 19:07:36 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:07 UTC

On 16.11.23 12:57, badgolferman wrote:
> In the US, Apple’s iMessage is so popular that the fact it shows texts
> from non-iOS handsets in a different color is a big deal. This status
> anxiety is so great, the Android world has begged regulators to force
> Apple to… change the color of a text bubble. Now, Nothing is taking
> matters into its own hands, partnering with unified messaging platform
> Sunbird to hide that shame. Sunbird uses your Apple ID to route comms
> between your Nothing phone and your friends’ iPhones through a server
> farm of Mac Minis. If it works as well as promised, it means your
> friends won’t know you own an Android handset… until the next time you
> see them in person.

Are you bored again?
*This is kiddy stuff*.
No reasonable person will ever accept a man in the middle. And certainly
not on consumer grade devices.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: iMessage comes to Nothing’s Android phones

<Yet5N.521$JjYc.143@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10236&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10236

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:32:23 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:32 UTC

Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> No reasonable person will ever accept a man in the middle. And certainly
> not on consumer grade devices.

Many of us have accepted apple in the middle, Jughead.

Re: iMessage comes to Nothing’s Android phones

<aMz5N.33856$_Oab.14283@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10262&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10262

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:57:25 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 01:57 UTC

On 2023-11-16 13:32, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> No reasonable person will ever accept a man in the middle. And certainly
>> not on consumer grade devices.
>
> Many of us have accepted apple in the middle, Jughead.

Apple have the trust credentials to "be in the middle".

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: iMessage comes to Nothing’s Android phones

<uj70f1$2m4na$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10273&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10273

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:16:01 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:16 UTC

Am 17.11.23 um 02:57 schrieb Alan Browne:
> On 2023-11-16 13:32, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>>> No reasonable person will ever accept a man in the middle. And certainly
>>> not on consumer grade devices.
>>
>> Many of us have accepted apple in the middle, Jughead.
>
> Apple have the trust credentials to "be in the middle".

Save the time: Hank is braindead.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / iMessage comes to Nothing’s Android phones