From: nospam.Ron.L.@f616.n120.z1.fidonet.org (Ron L.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.cbm
Subject: Re: Advice on the best dr
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 08:01:14 +1200
 by: Ron L. - Sun, 8 May 2022 20:01 UTC

-=> xxxx wrote to All <=-

xx> You should try Pi1541 is much compatible than SDIEC

Ya, if you run something like a fast loader that reprogams the disk drive, an
SD2IEC won't work.

The problem with both the SD2IECs and Pi1541s are they usually amateur-made.
So quality and features will differ between them.

I started with a SD2IEC. But I wanted to hook up a printer and it didn't have
a passthrough.

So I got a Pi1541. That worked like a champ until I got my Commodore Plus/4.
It just wouldn't work on the Plus/4 for some reason - while it worked just fine
on the C64 and C128.

So I picked up a different Pi1541 and that works great on all my Commodore
systems (except for the PET).

The SD2IEC that I bought also is powered through the joystick port, so I can't
use that on the Plus/4 (it has different joystick ports).

.... Insert disk 5 of 4 and press any key to continue
___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52