Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you? -- Patrick Volkerding

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

SubjectAuthor
* Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emeWally J
+* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|+- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|+* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
||`- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with theAlan
|`* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
| `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|  `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|   `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|    `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|     `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|      `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|       `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|        +* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with thecandycanearter07
|        |`* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|        | `- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|        +* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theYou're Kidding
|        |`- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|        `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|         `- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
+- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with theAlan
+* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|+* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with theAlan Browne
||`- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|`* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
| `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with thecandycanearter07
|  +* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|  |`* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the*Hemidactylus*
|  | `- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
|  `- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
+* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety withJolly Roger
|`- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
+* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with theJörg Lorenz
|`* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safetyChris
| `- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
`* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of theWally J
 `* Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with thecandycanearter07
  `- Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with theAlan Browne

Pages:12
Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<krurvvFigmhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10392&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10392

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 19 Nov 2023 16:38:23 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 16:38 UTC

On 2023-11-19, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> You're a cowardly, tiny man child. And you are scared of the world.
>
> you try to attack me... trying to insult me.
>
> Why?

Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...

> So be it.

Indeed.

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujeame$14go$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10405&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10405

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 00:54:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Wally J - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 00:54 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> If Apple really cared, they'd let them have FM radio's for free also.
>> But FM radios would cut into lucrative music-streaming subscriptions.
>
> I miss the days when they had a FM radio included with the iPod..

I have a bunch of iPods, which is when I was first exposed to Apple's
shenanigans where to install iTunes made the computer _less_ functional
than to _not install_ iTunes (if you don't understand why, just ask).

It was shocking to me, at that first exposure to the insanely unexpected
walled-garden restrictions that you couldn't just copy all the non DRM
songs off of any iPod in the world onto any other iPod in the world.

of course, I solved that problem by uninstalling iTunes, and then I _could_
easily copy every non-DRM song off of any iPod onto the computer and then
onto any other iPod (or even from one iPod to another) at will...

But it was my first exposure to the incredible restrictions that Apple
owners put up with - like sheep led to slaughter - they just give in.

It's kind of the same with FM radio and the loss of the aux jack which
Apple tells its gullible customers they're supposed to feel courageous
about.

And guess what.... they "feel" exactly as Apple tells them to feel.
*Courageous*

As if it's a badge of honor to have a phone functionally crippled such that
it can't do the simplest things that almost every other phone easily does.
--
Never forget that Apple is a BIG MARKETING company - like Big Tobacco is.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ZRGdndH6hsLcIsf4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10409&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10409

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 02:06:57 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 02:06 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>>> If Apple really cared, they'd let them have FM radio's for free also.
>>> But FM radios would cut into lucrative music-streaming subscriptions.
>>
>> I miss the days when they had a FM radio included with the iPod..
>
> I have a bunch of iPods, which is when I was first exposed to Apple's
> shenanigans where to install iTunes made the computer _less_ functional
> than to _not install_ iTunes (if you don't understand why, just ask).
>
> It was shocking to me, at that first exposure to the insanely unexpected
> walled-garden restrictions that you couldn't just copy all the non DRM
> songs off of any iPod in the world onto any other iPod in the world.
>
> of course, I solved that problem by uninstalling iTunes, and then I _could_
> easily copy every non-DRM song off of any iPod onto the computer and then
> onto any other iPod (or even from one iPod to another) at will...
>
> But it was my first exposure to the incredible restrictions that Apple
> owners put up with - like sheep led to slaughter - they just give in.
>
> It's kind of the same with FM radio and the loss of the aux jack which
> Apple tells its gullible customers they're supposed to feel courageous
> about.
>
> And guess what.... they "feel" exactly as Apple tells them to feel.
> *Courageous*
>
> As if it's a badge of honor to have a phone functionally crippled such that
> it can't do the simplest things that almost every other phone easily does.

Bluetooth connection to my car or headphones work. Are you still longing
for Steely Dan?

https://youtu.be/HV3zWSawJiw?si=8bLMFO_ln1I278ob

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujejlj$vk52$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10420&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10420

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 23:26:45 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:26 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> If Apple really cared, they'd let them have FM radio's for free also.
>> But FM radios would cut into lucrative music-streaming subscriptions.
>
> I miss the days when they had a FM radio included with the iPod..

I have a bunch of iPods, which is when I was first exposed to Apple's
shenanigans where to install iTunes made the computer _less_ functional
than to _not install_ iTunes (if you don't understand why, just ask).

It was shocking to me, at that first exposure to the insanely unexpected
walled-garden restrictions that you couldn't just copy all the non DRM
songs off of any iPod in the world onto any other iPod in the world.

of course, I solved that problem by uninstalling iTunes, and then I _could_
easily copy every non-DRM song off of any iPod onto the computer and then
onto any other iPod (or even from one iPod to another) at will...

But it was my first exposure to the incredible restrictions that Apple
owners put up with - like sheep led to slaughter - they just give in.

It's kind of the same with FM radio and the loss of the aux jack which
Apple tells its gullible customers they're supposed to feel courageous
about.

As if it's a badge of honor to have a phone so functionally crippled that
it can't do the simplest things that almost every other phone easily does.
--
Never forget that Apple is a BIG MARKETING company - like Big Tobacco is.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujgjlt$12p9v$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10437&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10437

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:39:09 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:39 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
> the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
> a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...

I try to understand you strange people, Jolly Roger, so I love your posts.

You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW advertisements,
which are "way cool" and you want it to be about their special glass that
nobody else has the trademark for, and you want us to gloat about Apple's
profits because that makes you feel your herd decisions are correct, etc.

I get it, Jolly Roger.
You want this newsgroup to only talk about Apple's marketing gimmicks.

Whenever Apple spouts a new marketing gimmick (titanium!!!!!!!!!!!), you
want all of us to rave about it - so that you feel better about your phone.

OK. I'll help you.

Do you want to know what Apple is the best in the world at, Jolly Roger?
I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.

Do you know what Apple does best?
I do.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujgl78$12rrc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10443&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10443

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:05:28 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:05 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

>> As if it's a badge of honor to have a phone functionally crippled such that
>> it can't do the simplest things that almost every other phone easily does.
>
> Bluetooth connection to my car or headphones work. Are you still longing
> for Steely Dan?
>
> https://youtu.be/HV3zWSawJiw?si=8bLMFO_ln1I278ob

Hi Hemidactylus,

I always make well-reasoned sensible logical assessments from the facts.

Hence, thank you for your reference to that Youtube music m4a file titled
"Steely Dan - FM (No Static At All)"
(which I easily ripped to Android using a GUI that is impossible on iOS).
<https://i.postimg.cc/4y1hNBs5/newpipe06.jpg> D/l video & rip audio>

SIDENOTE: You can't do that on iOS - nor can you do 1/2 of what I can do.

In the end of this analysis of your comment, I will ask you the scariest
question you have ever heard, Hemidactylus. It will frighten you to no end
because that simple question exposes your entire belief system wide open.

I study you strange people but I don't know you as well as I do Jolly Roger
and Alan Browne (as Snit & Alan Baker & Rod Speed are all in my killfile).

You are gloating that you figured out a way to overcome that Apple punched
you in the gut by removing basic hardware functionality all other phones
had at the time (which most Android phones still have as 3/4ths is a lot of
new phones with the aux jack, is it not).

The only Android phones which removed the industry standard basic
functionality were those trying to copy Apple's marketing strategy.

Which means two things that you need to know, Hemidactylus:
1. Android owners have plenty of choice
2. You don't. (i.e., you're fucked)

To put it in blunt terms, Apple fucked you.
Apple told you to feel "courageous" about being fucked by Apple.
And you do feel courageous, now don't you.

I see from your strange post that you feel "courageous" that you have
overcome the punch-in-the-gut removal of the basic functionality.

That's great.
But here's the question which you can't answer because the answer scares
you so much that you no longer feel "courageous" answering this question.

Q: *What does your phone do that a phone with an aux jack can't do?*
A: ?
--
The answer to that question is why iKooks _fear_ that very question.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujgtqe$hbtm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10446&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10446

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the
loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:32:14 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:32 UTC

On 11/20/23 15:39, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
>> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
>> the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
>> a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...
>
> I try to understand you strange people, Jolly Roger, so I love your posts.
>
> You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW advertisements,
> which are "way cool" and you want it to be about their special glass that
> nobody else has the trademark for, and you want us to gloat about Apple's
> profits because that makes you feel your herd decisions are correct, etc.
>
> I get it, Jolly Roger.
> You want this newsgroup to only talk about Apple's marketing gimmicks.
>
> Whenever Apple spouts a new marketing gimmick (titanium!!!!!!!!!!!), you
> want all of us to rave about it - so that you feel better about your phone.
>
> OK. I'll help you.
>
> Do you want to know what Apple is the best in the world at, Jolly Roger?
> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.
>
> Do you know what Apple does best?
> I do.

Wow, they market phone material? Geez..

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujguin$hghu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10447&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10447

From: yk@yahoo.com (You're Kidding)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:45:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: You're Kidding - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:45 UTC

On Nov 20, 2023 at 4:39:09 PM EST, "Wally J" <walterjones@invalid.nospam>
wrote:

> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.

DJT is actually Wally J?

YK

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ks2hamFegl1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10449&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10449

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 21 Nov 2023 02:00:54 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:00 UTC

On 2023-11-20, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
>> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone
>> in the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which
>> he has a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...
>
> I try to understand you strange people

You live to insult people. It's pretty much all you do.

> You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW

LOL... Poor, little Arlen is *still* triggered as fuck that Apple dared
to ,,,checks notes... release a different color iPhone... *GASP*
ERRMEGHERD! The audacity! He and badgolferman have trolled about
"YELLOW" for literal months like the mental toddlers they are. And they
actually think you will *respect* them more for it. 🤣

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ks2hbmFegl1U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10450&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10450

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 21 Nov 2023 02:01:26 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:01 UTC

On 2023-11-21, candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
> On 11/20/23 15:39, Wally J wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>>
>>> Hilarious question coming from the loser troll who has been slinging
>>> little schoolyard juvenile "iKook" and "low IQ" insults at everyone in
>>> the Apple newsgroups who dares to use a certain product for which he has
>>> a raging, tiny, little hate boner for literal years...
>>
>> I try to understand you strange people, Jolly Roger, so I love your posts.
>>
>> You want this newsgroup to be all about the Apple YELLOW advertisements,
>> which are "way cool" and you want it to be about their special glass that
>> nobody else has the trademark for, and you want us to gloat about Apple's
>> profits because that makes you feel your herd decisions are correct, etc.
>>
>> I get it, Jolly Roger.
>> You want this newsgroup to only talk about Apple's marketing gimmicks.
>>
>> Whenever Apple spouts a new marketing gimmick (titanium!!!!!!!!!!!), you
>> want all of us to rave about it - so that you feel better about your phone.
>>
>> OK. I'll help you.
>>
>> Do you want to know what Apple is the best in the world at, Jolly Roger?
>> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.
>>
>> Do you know what Apple does best?
>> I do.
>
> Wow, they market phone material? Geez..

Buncha losers, amiright? No other company markets their products!

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ks2hcoFegl1U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10451&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10451

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port
Date: 21 Nov 2023 02:02:00 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:02 UTC

On 2023-11-21, You're Kidding <yk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2023 at 4:39:09 PM EST, "Wally J" <walterjones@invalid.nospam>
> wrote:
>
>> I know what Apple is better at than anyone else in the world, JR.
>
> DJT is actually Wally J?

Close, but nowhere near as successful... 🤣

JR

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujh446$185t3$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10452&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10452

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:19:50 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:19 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> I try to understand you strange people
>
> You live to insult people. It's pretty much all you do.

Awww... that's not being nice, Jolly Roger.
I spend all that time and energy to _understand_ you, Jolly Roger.
And then you make me feel bad.

Truth is...

I understand exactly _why_ you feel "courageous" when Apple removed all the
basic functionaltiy from the iPhone - and - and - and you bought it anyway.

That made you feel courageous, didn't it, Jolly Roger.
C'mon. Tell us the truth.

You felt the same courageous sense Big Tobacco made women feel with this
<https://youtu.be/vXUbkIkwn2Y>

BTW, I understand Apple marketing better than you think I do too, JR.

Apple told you how to feel when they removed all the functionality JR.
Just like Big Tobacco told women how to feel when they gave them cancer.
--
You can't make those ungodly profits without gullible people buying it.

Re: Yet again Apple lied about caring about consumer safety with the loss of the emergency FM radio chip & industry standard antenna port

<ujh49m$1864r$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10453&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10453

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:22:46 -0400
References: <uj8kcn$89it$1@paganini.bofh.team> <uj8lkp$8bh3$1@paganini.bofh.team> <krqjp0Fi9omU2@mid.individual.net> <ujbl3b$3h225$1@dont-email.me> <krt9r0F7838U1@mid.individual.net> <ujc032$3m4e9$1@dont-email.me> <krtfa0F87guU1@mid.individual.net> <ujc3k2$3mgd9$1@dont-email.me> <krurvvFigmhU1@mid.individual.net> <ujgjlt$12p9v$1@paganini.bofh.team> <ujgtqe$hbtm$1@dont-email.me> <ks2hbmFegl1U3@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:22 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> No other company markets their products!

But oh what MARKETING it is to get women to buy "special" cigarettes made
just for them, as you can see in this "You've come a long way baby"
commercial (which uses the same "courageous" technique Apple does).

<https://youtu.be/vXUbkIkwn2Y>

Big Tobacco made women feel "courageous", now didn't they Jolly Roger.
C'mon... look at the video... it's exactly like this Apple video...

<https://youtu.be/oFyRks-Qw5Y>

When Apple removes all the functionality from the iPhone, if you still
decide to buy the crippled iPhone - you're a *courageous* person, JR!

Do you hear all those people clapping when Apple announces the _removal_ of
the headphone jack? Apple owners clap when functionality is removed, JR.

That's courageous.