From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.audio.equipment
Subject: Steve Scharf needs to add this audio fidelity difference between Android & iOS to his excellent comparison document
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:56:37 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 23:56 UTC

Regarding this useful technical comparison document by Steve Scharf:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/>

Steve Scharf needs to add this critically important audio fidelity data
below to his excellent comparison document (as the data holds value).
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/sY8lOr4LVN4>

Technical snippets for Steve's comparison document...
"The iphone DOES NOT support lossless music because it has no way
to get audio to the headphones by something other than lossy bluetooth."

"Android products do."

"Apple Music supports 192/24 bit but Apple products like the iPhone
and Airpods Max do not support it as the iPhone uses Bluetooth
to transmit the audio to external headphones."

"Apple Music has lossless support for up to 192khz/24 bits but
iPhone 15 Pro and other models do not support it. Therefore you
have to buy an Android Phone or Android based music player to
get the best music high fidelity off of Apple Music."

"Apple devices like iPhone 15 do not support codecs like AptxHD
which ARE REQUIRED for maximum performance with headphones
while playing back 192/24 bit ALAC which Apple Music provides."

"Apple codecs do NOT support transfer of lossless.
Apple provides only a crude bluetooth capability.
To get true high fidelity to the headphones requires AptX HD
or something better OTHER than Apples Bluetooth. "

"Airpods Max do not support AptXHD or other advanced codecs and
sound like crap compared to capable headphones like B and W PX8s."
--
The intelligent person comparing audio looks at it with an open ear.

Re: Steve Scharf needs to add this audio fidelity difference between Android & iOS to his excellent comparison document

<ujm50j$1hltr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10499&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10499

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.audio.equipment
Subject: Re: Steve Scharf needs to add this audio fidelity difference between
Android & iOS to his excellent comparison document
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:05:39 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 00:05 UTC

On 2023-11-22 15:56, Wally J wrote:
> Regarding this useful technical comparison document by Steve Scharf:
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/>
>
> Steve Scharf needs to add this critically important audio fidelity data
> below to his excellent comparison document (as the data holds value).
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/sY8lOr4LVN4>
>
> Technical snippets for Steve's comparison document...
>
> "The iphone DOES NOT support lossless music because it has no way
> to get audio to the headphones by something other than lossy bluetooth."

Which is false.

> "Android products do."
>
> "Apple Music supports 192/24 bit but Apple products like the iPhone
> and Airpods Max do not support it as the iPhone uses Bluetooth
> to transmit the audio to external headphones."
>
> "Apple Music has lossless support for up to 192khz/24 bits but
> iPhone 15 Pro and other models do not support it. ..."

Also false.

> "Apple devices like iPhone 15 do not support codecs like AptxHD
> which ARE REQUIRED for maximum performance with headphones
> while playing back 192/24 bit ALAC which Apple Music provides."

With BLUETOOTH headphones.

So false.

> "Apple codecs do NOT support transfer of lossless.
> Apple provides only a crude bluetooth capability.
> To get true high fidelity to the headphones requires AptX HD
> or something better OTHER than Apples Bluetooth. "
>
> "Airpods Max do not support AptXHD or other advanced codecs and
> sound like crap compared to capable headphones like B and W PX8s."

Re: Steve Scharf needs to add this audio fidelity difference between Android & iOS to his excellent comparison document

<ujmevs$28a8$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10504&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10504

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.audio.equipment
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 02:55:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:KBuScOrlZLjcEpZiPFlPDgpWjZM= sha256:dMk2Msz0/ePqS50UtKvfIsCeskVjfgF+7c+311v40GQ=
 by: Andrew - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 02:55 UTC

Wally J wrote on Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:56:37 -0400 :

> Regarding this useful technical comparison document by Steve Scharf:
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/>
>
> Steve Scharf needs to add this critically important audio fidelity data
> below to his excellent comparison document (as the data holds value).
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/sY8lOr4LVN4>
>
> Technical snippets for Steve's comparison document...
>
> "The iphone DOES NOT support lossless music because it has no way
> to get audio to the headphones by something other than lossy bluetooth."
>
> "Android products do."
>
> "Apple Music supports 192/24 bit but Apple products like the iPhone
> and Airpods Max do not support it as the iPhone uses Bluetooth
> to transmit the audio to external headphones."
>
> "Apple Music has lossless support for up to 192khz/24 bits but
> iPhone 15 Pro and other models do not support it. Therefore you
> have to buy an Android Phone or Android based music player to
> get the best music high fidelity off of Apple Music."
>
> "Apple devices like iPhone 15 do not support codecs like AptxHD
> which ARE REQUIRED for maximum performance with headphones
> while playing back 192/24 bit ALAC which Apple Music provides."
>
> "Apple codecs do NOT support transfer of lossless.
> Apple provides only a crude bluetooth capability.
> To get true high fidelity to the headphones requires AptX HD
> or something better OTHER than Apples Bluetooth. "
>
> "Airpods Max do not support AptXHD or other advanced codecs and
> sound like crap compared to capable headphones like B and W PX8s."

Most people can't hear good audio but those who can will know the
difference as it always costs the most to get the best fidelity.

Re: Steve Scharf needs to add this audio fidelity difference between Android & iOS to his excellent comparison document

<ujmf93$1mobl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10505&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10505

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.audio.equipment
Android & iOS to his excellent comparison document
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:00:51 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 03:00 UTC

On 2023-11-22 18:55, Andrew wrote:
> Wally J wrote on Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:56:37 -0400 :
>
>> Regarding this useful technical comparison document by Steve Scharf:
>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/>
>>
>> Steve Scharf needs to add this critically important audio fidelity data
>> below to his excellent comparison document (as the data holds value).
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/sY8lOr4LVN4>
>>
>> Technical snippets for Steve's comparison document...
>>
>> "The iphone DOES NOT support lossless music because it has no way
>> to get audio to the headphones by something other than lossy bluetooth."
>>
>> "Android products do."
>>
>> "Apple Music supports 192/24 bit but Apple products like the iPhone
>> and Airpods Max do not support it as the iPhone uses Bluetooth
>> to transmit the audio to external headphones."
>>
>> "Apple Music has lossless support for up to 192khz/24 bits but
>> iPhone 15 Pro and other models do not support it. Therefore you
>> have to buy an Android Phone or Android based music player to
>> get the best music high fidelity off of Apple Music."
>>
>> "Apple devices like iPhone 15 do not support codecs like AptxHD
>> which ARE REQUIRED for maximum performance with headphones
>> while playing back 192/24 bit ALAC which Apple Music provides."
>>
>> "Apple codecs do NOT support transfer of lossless.
>> Apple provides only a crude bluetooth capability.
>> To get true high fidelity to the headphones requires AptX HD
>> or something better OTHER than Apples Bluetooth. "
>>
>> "Airpods Max do not support AptXHD or other advanced codecs and
>> sound like crap compared to capable headphones like B and W PX8s."
>
> Most people can't hear good audio but those who can will know the
> difference as it always costs the most to get the best fidelity.

Always the elitists!