From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: WhatsApp is fixing the iPhone photo/video compression problems
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 01:22:55 -0500
 by: Wally J - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 06:22 UTC

*WhatsApp now lets you share photos and videos in their original quality*
Subline: "iPhone users can say goodbye to compression."
<https://www.engadget.com/whatsapp-now-lets-you-share-photos-and-videos-in-their-original-quality-160750588.html>
"WhatsApp is currently rolling out a new update for iOS users
<https://wabetainfo.com/whatsapp-for-ios-23-24-73-whats-new/>
that allows people to share photos and videos over the messaging
platform in their original quality, with no compression."

"With that said, this change isn't automatic. You have to consciously
decide to send an uncompressed image or video and click the "+" icon
to transfer a document. The rest is self-explanatory. WhatsApp says
this is a tiered rollout, so it could be a couple of weeks before
it reaches your update box. As for Android, the company's working
on it, according to MacRumors, but there's no release information."
<https://www.macrumors.com/2023/12/04/whatsapp-send-photos-video-original-quality/>
--
Each of us on Usenet has a different use model so we learn from each other.

Re: WhatsApp is fixing the iPhone photo/video compression problems

<ukmfu3$3qls9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=10845&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#10845

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 22:28:19 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 06:28 UTC

On 2023-12-04 22:22, Wally J wrote:
> *WhatsApp now lets you share photos and videos in their original quality*
> Subline: "iPhone users can say goodbye to compression."
> <https://www.engadget.com/whatsapp-now-lets-you-share-photos-and-videos-in-their-original-quality-160750588.html>
> "WhatsApp is currently rolling out a new update for iOS users
> <https://wabetainfo.com/whatsapp-for-ios-23-24-73-whats-new/>
> that allows people to share photos and videos over the messaging
> platform in their original quality, with no compression."
>
> "With that said, this change isn't automatic. You have to consciously
> decide to send an uncompressed image or video and click the "+" icon
> to transfer a document. The rest is self-explanatory. WhatsApp says
> this is a tiered rollout, so it could be a couple of weeks before
> it reaches your update box. As for Android, the company's working
> on it, according to MacRumors, but there's no release information."
> <https://www.macrumors.com/2023/12/04/whatsapp-send-photos-video-original-quality/>

There is no "iPhone photo/video compression problem".

WhatsApp had a problem...

....not the iPhone.