Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 00:26:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I have to replace Eudora, but with which email client?
From: n.theodore.matavka.files@gmail.com (Nick Werner-Matavka)
 by: Nick Werner-Matavka - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:26 UTC

On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 07:08:02 UTC-4, ijo...@jejejeje.it wrote:
> Hi friends,
> unfortunatelyI think the time has come to replace Eudora 7.1 with
> another more modern email client. I love Eudora but I get problems.
> I have problems with the Check. I would not want to lose all the
> messages I have and they are very many with many accounts.
> Can you recommend a good and modern email client?
> Thanks

Why don't you try HERMES Mail? We have a real continuation of Eudora for Windows running on a modern PC; if you have been following our story, we have had to change the name but we are running the historic Eudora 7.1 code base, improved to work with Unicode and modern OpenSSL. This is not a re-creation, but a real revival of QUALCOMM Eudora.

We did a few little fundraisers before Covid hit, and that bought us time to get running, but until now our finances have been essentially a blank slate. The software is now, for all intents and purposes, complete. This time, we have a FIRM commitment to release to our testers on 1 AUGUST of THIS YEAR!

As proof positive that we have a product to release, please see our screenshots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aLvQTdHW3x01RJG52oPaw-ujni09XyhC/view?usp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vmTxCRbEPdhAPOHJzMrZ5ovtimvDkEFB/view?usp=sharing

If you wish to become a tester and be among the first to get access to this product, please chip in here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hermes-mail-8-0-the-final-stretch#/ Throw in a dollar, ten, or a hundred; any amount will get you access when we release in August.

In view of our proven success in this area (albeit delayed), we're aiming for five thousand Canadian dollars this time. That'll allow us to continue developing the Windows version (which will also run on Linux), and begin development on HERMES Mail for Mac.

Re: I have to replace Eudora, but with which email client?

<14d7d026-7c44-4a22-ae44-f707377fdc28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1107&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#1107

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: pannunnig@gmail.com (Techi Zino)
 by: Techi Zino - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 17:56 UTC

On Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 12:57:00 PM UTC+5:30, n.theodore.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 07:08:02 UTC-4, ijo...@jejejeje.it wrote:
> > Hi friends,
> > unfortunatelyI think the time has come to replace Eudora 7.1 with
> > another more modern email client. I love Eudora but I get problems.
> > I have problems with the Check. I would not want to lose all the
> > messages I have and they are very many with many accounts.
> > Can you recommend a good and modern email client?
> > Thanks
>
> Why don't you try HERMES Mail? We have a real continuation of Eudora for Windows running on a modern PC; if you have been following our story, we have had to change the name but we are running the historic Eudora 7.1 code base, improved to work with Unicode and modern OpenSSL. This is not a re-creation, but a real revival of QUALCOMM Eudora.
>
> We did a few little fundraisers before Covid hit, and that bought us time to get running, but until now our finances have been essentially a blank slate. The software is now, for all intents and purposes, complete. This time, we have a FIRM commitment to release to our testers on 1 AUGUST of THIS YEAR!
>
> As proof positive that we have a product to release, please see our screenshots: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aLvQTdHW3x01RJG52oPaw-ujni09XyhC/view?usp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vmTxCRbEPdhAPOHJzMrZ5ovtimvDkEFB/view?usp=sharing
>
> If you wish to become a tester and be among the first to get access to this product, please chip in here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hermes-mail-8-0-the-final-stretch#/ Throw in a dollar, ten, or a hundred; any amount will get you access when we release in August.
>
> In view of our proven success in this area (albeit delayed), we're aiming for five thousand Canadian dollars this time. That'll allow us to continue developing the Windows version (which will also run on Linux), and begin development on HERMES Mail for Mac.

25dollarsupport.com can help you migrate from Eudora to Mozilla thunderbird or any other email clients

Re: I have to replace Eudora, but with which email client?

<19b4fd37-cb6e-4ba8-914e-36ffebf73d19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=1108&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#1108

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:57:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: pannunnig@gmail.com (Techi Zino)
 by: Techi Zino - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 17:57 UTC