%DCL-MEM-BAD, bad memory VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / lint

SubjectAuthor
* lintbadgolferman
+* Re: lintTyrone
|`* Re: lintbadgolferman
| `* Re: lintTyrone
|  `- Re: lint*Hemidactylus*
+- Re: lintJolly Roger
+* Re: lintJörg Lorenz
|`* Re: lintbadgolferman
| `* Re: lintJörg Lorenz
|  `* Re: lintbadgolferman
|   +* Re: lintJörg Lorenz
|   |`- Re: lintHank Rogers
|   `* Re: lintJolly Roger
|    +- Re: lintAlan
|    `* Re: lintJörg Lorenz
|     `- Re: lintJolly Roger
`* Re: lintCaptain Ayub
 `* Re: lintJörg Lorenz
  `* Re: lintHank Rogers
   `* Re: lint*Hemidactylus*
    +- Re: lintHank Rogers
    `* Re: lintAlan Browne
     `- Re: lintHank Rogers

1
lint

<ulf0c1$1da96$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11163&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11163

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: lint
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:36:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:0o0uZU/T6rYG+AlZG5Zx9DywhNA=
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:36 UTC

I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?

Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
that choice?

Re: lint

<x5CdnUazS4osjub4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11165&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11165

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: lint
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:39:45 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:39 UTC

On Dec 14, 2023 at 8:36:01 AM EST, "badgolferman"
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?

You need to occasionally pull your pockets inside out to get the lint and crud
out. Problem avoided.

> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
> that choice?

Always in a soft, wrap around, totally enclosed case. Because a $1,200
anything - that has a glass screen and is carried everywhere - is worth
protecting with a $15 case.

This has the added benefit that when the time comes to sell it on eBay, it is
in pristine condition. I still have an 8 Plus that does not have a single
scratch or dent. Ditto my current 12 Pro Max. You should see the junk people
are trying to sell that has obviously never been in a case.

My iPads are in cases for the same reasons. It is absolute lunacy to not use a
case for these expensive, fragile things.

All the cases that I buy also open in such a way that they become a stand for
watching videos in landscape orientation.

Re: lint

<ulf7e0$1efvb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11168&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11168

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:36:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6KUOvcQY4cz59sLiP0YwASwjKIg=
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:36 UTC

Tyrone <none@none.none> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2023 at 8:36:01 AM EST, "badgolferman"
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
>> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
>> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
>> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?
>
> You need to occasionally pull your pockets inside out to get the lint and crud
> out. Problem avoided.

It’s not that simple. The lint isn’t large particles that you can merely
empty from your pockets by turning it inside out. This is tiny specks which
get into the speaker screen holes and clog them up. Look at your own phone
and see how small those holes and the screen are. Where do you keep your
phone, in your hand at all times?

>> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
>> that choice?
>
> Always in a soft, wrap around, totally enclosed case. Because a $1,200
> anything - that has a glass screen and is carried everywhere - is worth
> protecting with a $15 case.
>
> This has the added benefit that when the time comes to sell it on eBay, it is
> in pristine condition. I still have an 8 Plus that does not have a single
> scratch or dent. Ditto my current 12 Pro Max. You should see the junk people
> are trying to sell that has obviously never been in a case.
>
> My iPads are in cases for the same reasons. It is absolute lunacy to not use a
> case for these expensive, fragile things.
>
> All the cases that I buy also open in such a way that they become a stand for
> watching videos in landscape orientation.

Yes, I’ve broken many screens in past years and use a case as well. I’ve
seen here that the glass is supposed to be hardened and much more resistant
to cracks. I just want to see if people actually believe that to the point
that they’ve discarded the protective case now.

Re: lint

<ku0svcFdf6oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11171&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11171

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 14 Dec 2023 17:39:57 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 17:39 UTC

On 2023-12-14, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?

I've used this tool for ages for this, and it's very effective:

<https://www.pureport.net>

I avoid vacuuming water-resistant electronics because a strong enough
suction could dislodge internal seals.

> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
> that choice?

I use an extremely minimal clear case like this one:

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CPR2BBF>

I don't use screen or camera protectors since I have never broken a
single iPhone screen since my first iPhone 3GS in 2009. The case is just
for piece of mind when setting my iPhone down on rough surfaces like a
slate-topped coffee table.

JR

Re: lint

<ulfemi$1fbgg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11172&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11172

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 18:40:34 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 17:40 UTC

Am 14.12.23 um 14:36 schrieb badgolferman:
> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?
>
> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
> that choice?

You should under no circumstances carry such a strong source of
radiation in your pockets.

It will start with you getting bald on the side you carry the phone and
the end will be that your balls will be like boiled eggs and you
becoming completely impotent and ultimately fading away.

*LOL*

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: lint

<xn0oakpkwcswfo003@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11173&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11173

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 18:04:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 18:04 UTC

Jörg Lorenz wrote:

>Am 14.12.23 um 14:36 schrieb badgolferman:
>>I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward
>>the leg and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes
>>fill up with lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use
>>compressed air and even a pick but still can’t get it all out. How
>>do you manage this?
>>
>>Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your
>>reason for that choice?
>
>You should under no circumstances carry such a strong source of
>radiation in your pockets.
>
>It will start with you getting bald on the side you carry the phone
>and the end will be that your balls will be like boiled eggs and you
>becoming completely impotent and ultimately fading away.
>
>LOL

And how do you carry your phone?

--
"His absence is good company." ~ Scottish saying

Re: lint

<ulfh80$1g5tb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11174&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11174

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:24:00 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 18:24 UTC

Am 14.12.23 um 19:04 schrieb badgolferman:
> Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>
>> Am 14.12.23 um 14:36 schrieb badgolferman:
>>> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward
>>> the leg and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes
>>> fill up with lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use
>>> compressed air and even a pick but still can’t get it all out. How
>>> do you manage this?
>>>
>>> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your
>>> reason for that choice?
>>
>> You should under no circumstances carry such a strong source of
>> radiation in your pockets.
>>
>> It will start with you getting bald on the side you carry the phone
>> and the end will be that your balls will be like boiled eggs and you
>> becoming completely impotent and ultimately fading away.
>>
>> LOL
>

> And how do you carry your phone?

Shirt pocket. The 14 is a bit big for that.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: lint

<ulfi44$1gb1f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11175&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11175

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 18:39:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:bXniZKhMLkDi5SFR27DYbA5bwkU=
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 18:39 UTC

Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 14.12.23 um 19:04 schrieb badgolferman:
>> Jörg Lorenz wrote:

>>> You should under no circumstances carry such a strong source of
>>> radiation in your pockets.
>>>
>>> It will start with you getting bald on the side you carry the phone
>>> and the end will be that your balls will be like boiled eggs and you
>>> becoming completely impotent and ultimately fading away.
>>>
>>> LOL
>>

>> And how do you carry your phone?
>
> Shirt pocket. The 14 is a bit big for that.

So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket yet you carry
yours in a shirt pocket where it’s closer to your heart (if you have one).
Does every single shirt you own have pockets?

Re: lint

<ulfo21$1hak0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11180&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11180

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:20:17 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 20:20 UTC

Am 14.12.23 um 19:39 schrieb badgolferman:
> Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Am 14.12.23 um 19:04 schrieb badgolferman:
>>> And how do you carry your phone?
>>
>> Shirt pocket. The 14 is a bit big for that.
>>

> So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket yet you carry
> yours in a shirt pocket where it’s closer to your heart (if you have one).
> Does every single shirt you own have pockets?

The heart has absolutely no sensitivity to radiation or not more than a
hand or a foot.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: lint

<ku18lsFfn38U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11182&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11182

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 14 Dec 2023 20:59:40 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 20:59 UTC

On 2023-12-14, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:

>>> And how do you carry your phone?
>>
>> Shirt pocket. The 14 is a bit big for that.
>
> So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket

Did you miss the "LOL" part?

There is no credible peer reviewed scientific evidence that the radio
waves or infrared light emitted by consumer devices are dangerous.

JR

Re: lint

<ulfr98$1hrp5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11183&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11183

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:15:19 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:15 UTC

On 2023-12-14 12:59, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-12-14, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:

>>> Shirt pocket. The 14 is a bit big for that.
>>
>> So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket
>
> Did you miss the "LOL" part?
>
> There is no credible peer reviewed scientific evidence that the radio
> waves or infrared light emitted by consumer devices are dangerous.

cf "non-ionizing".

Re: lint

<xHKeN.1683$Vrtf.664@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11185&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11185

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:45:00 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:45 UTC

Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 14.12.23 um 19:39 schrieb badgolferman:
>> Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Shirt pocket. The 14 is a bit big for that.
>>>

>> So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket yet
>> you carry
>> yours in a shirt pocket where it’s closer to your heart (if
>> you have one).
>> Does every single shirt you own have pockets?
>
> The heart has absolutely no sensitivity to radiation or not
> more than a hand or a foot.

So, you are mainly worried about his balls, right JugHead?

Re: lint

<LGCdnZRnJcWFDeb4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11187&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11187

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:30:32 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:30 UTC

On Dec 14, 2023 at 10:36:32 AM EST, "badgolferman"
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tyrone <none@none.none> wrote:
>> On Dec 14, 2023 at 8:36:01 AM EST, "badgolferman"
>> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
>>> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
>>> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
>>> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?
>>
>> You need to occasionally pull your pockets inside out to get the lint and crud
>> out. Problem avoided.
>
> It’s not that simple. The lint isn’t large particles that you can merely
> empty from your pockets by turning it inside out. This is tiny specks which
> get into the speaker screen holes and clog them up. Look at your own phone
> and see how small those holes and the screen are. Where do you keep your
> phone, in your hand at all times?

All I know is my phones have always been clean, and my pockets are not dirty.

YMMV.

Re: lint

<5-2cnUNKo8izDub4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11188&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11188

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:43:42 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:43 UTC

Tyrone <none@none.none> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2023 at 10:36:32 AM EST, "badgolferman"
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tyrone <none@none.none> wrote:

>>> You need to occasionally pull your pockets inside out to get the lint and crud
>>> out. Problem avoided.
>>
>> It’s not that simple. The lint isn’t large particles that you can merely
>> empty from your pockets by turning it inside out. This is tiny specks which
>> get into the speaker screen holes and clog them up. Look at your own phone
>> and see how small those holes and the screen are. Where do you keep your
>> phone, in your hand at all times?
>
> All I know is my phones have always been clean, and my pockets are not dirty.
>
> YMMV.

I get lint build up on the areas at the bottom exposed through the
Otterbox case. I never thought about it much until badgolferman brought it
up. Would an electronics friendly vacuum work to suck it out without
causing unforeseen structural damage? I don’t know how evitable it is given
I keep my phone in my front pocket when I’m out of the house. I guess
enduser blame is always the quickest shortcut to problem solving.

Re: lint

<ulg5om$1jf13$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11190&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11190

From: ayub@sb.il (Captain Ayub)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:14:14 -0500
 by: Captain Ayub - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 00:14 UTC

On 12/14/23 8:36 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?
>
> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
> that choice?

I keep my iPhone in a belt holster on the left side and my handgun in a
holster on the right.

You can get a good phone holster for a low price because they aren't
seen as "cool" anymore-- so demand is low. Handgun holsters, on the
other hand, are extremely cool; thus demand and prices are high.

Re: lint

<ulgsam$1q1rm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11193&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11193

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:39:18 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 06:39 UTC

Am 14.12.23 um 21:59 schrieb Jolly Roger:
> On 2023-12-14, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket
>
> Did you miss the "LOL" part?
>
> There is no credible peer reviewed scientific evidence that the radio
> waves or infrared light emitted by consumer devices are dangerous.

Guess why France requested not long ago that Apple stops selling the
iPhone 12 exactly for this reason?

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: lint

<ulgseu$1q1rm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11194&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11194

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:41:34 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 06:41 UTC

Am 15.12.23 um 01:14 schrieb Captain Ayub:
> On 12/14/23 8:36 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing toward the leg
>> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes fill up with
>> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air and even a
>> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?
>>
>> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What is your reason for
>> that choice?
>>

> I keep my iPhone in a belt holster on the left side and my handgun in a
> holster on the right.
>
> You can get a good phone holster for a low price because they aren't
> seen as "cool" anymore-- so demand is low. Handgun holsters, on the
> other hand, are extremely cool; thus demand and prices are high.

Nobody cares and you are one of the extremists in Israel?

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: lint

<ku3dlcFudn0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11201&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11201

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 15 Dec 2023 16:37:01 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:37 UTC

On 2023-12-15, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 14.12.23 um 21:59 schrieb Jolly Roger:
>> On 2023-12-14, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So you tell me not to carry the phone in my pants pocket
>>
>> Did you miss the "LOL" part?
>>
>> There is no credible peer reviewed scientific evidence that the radio
>> waves or infrared light emitted by consumer devices are dangerous.
>
> Guess why France requested not long ago that Apple stops selling the
> iPhone 12 exactly for this reason?

You're a gullible rube.

That whole thing is due to the French regulators applying the same SAR
absorption standard as the rest of the EU - but at a *closer* distance.
Apparently, even though radiation follows the inverse square law, the
French government thinks people absorb more radiation ...because they
are in France? 🤪

The relevant standard for EU-wide regulations is EN 50566:2013, which
allows manufacturers to choose the separation with up to 25mm (most
vendors standardized on 15mm because this is the maximum separation
allowed under the FCC standard). The French disagree with this standard
because: "reasons", and specify the limits at a *much closer* 0mm and 5mm
separation, which *obviously* increases absorption. However, they did
*not* increase the absorption limits accordingly, again because:
"reasons".

Moving the emitter closer *naturally* results in a stronger signal, and
the SAR threshold should be *adjusted* accordingly - which the french
*didn't* do, because they're obviously low-key catering to the “mObIlE
pHoNeS cAuSe CaNcEr!1!!” wackos for political play. 😉

What this really means is that most mobile phones are suddenly out of
compliance with the new French regulations. ANFR themselves say "a large
proportion of phones" are out of compliance. Since the EU is more of an
advisory body and allows individual countries to set such limits
individually, the EU has issued an application restriction which
prohibits their usage in France (presumably until manufacturers patch
transmission power limits downwards as Apple is now doing).

A whole lot of French people are about to start complaining about weak
cellular connectivity. Wonder who they will blame for that... Something
tells me they won't blame their idiotic government. 🤣

JR

Re: lint

<%R4fN.58201$83n7.46221@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11214&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11214

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:58:00 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 22:58 UTC

Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 15.12.23 um 01:14 schrieb Captain Ayub:
>> On 12/14/23 8:36 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>>> I keep my iPhone in my front pocket with the front facing
>>> toward the leg
>>> and the charging port edge up. Over time the speaker holes
>>> fill up with
>>> lint and crud which is hard to get out. I use compressed air
>>> and even a
>>> pick but still can’t get it all out. How do you manage this?
>>>
>>> Also do you use a case or keep your phone “naked”? What
>>> is your reason for
>>> that choice?
>>>

>> I keep my iPhone in a belt holster on the left side and my
>> handgun in a
>> holster on the right.
>>
>> You can get a good phone holster for a low price because they
>> aren't
>> seen as "cool" anymore-- so demand is low. Handgun holsters,
>> on the
>> other hand, are extremely cool; thus demand and prices are high.
>
> Nobody cares and you are one of the extremists in Israel?

Are they worse than extremists in germany, JugHead?

Re: lint

<Ux2dnSD7aM87RuH4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11216&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11216

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 23:05:10 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 23:05 UTC

Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Jörg Lorenz wrote:

>>> I keep my iPhone in a belt holster on the left side and my
>>> handgun in a
>>> holster on the right.
>>>
>>> You can get a good phone holster for a low price because they
>>> aren't
>>> seen as "cool" anymore-- so demand is low. Handgun holsters,
>>> on the
>>> other hand, are extremely cool; thus demand and prices are high.
>>
>> Nobody cares and you are one of the extremists in Israel?
>>

> Are they worse than extremists in germany, JugHead?

What is your deal? Are you obsessed with Jörg?

Re: lint

<FY5fN.25710$Ama9.18165@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11218&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11218

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:13:23 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 00:13 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:
> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> Jörg Lorenz wrote:

>>> Nobody cares and you are one of the extremists in Israel?
>>>

>> Are they worse than extremists in germany, JugHead?
>>
> What is your deal? Are you obsessed with Jörg?

It's your deal. shuffle and deal.

Re: lint

<5q6fN.21857$vFZa.12455@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11221&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11221

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:44:48 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 00:44 UTC

On 2023-12-15 18:05, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> Are they worse than extremists in germany, JugHead?
>>
> What is your deal? Are you obsessed with Jörg?

Looks like Jörg has free rent in Hank's head.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: lint

<rm8fN.54379$7sbb.11971@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11228&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11228

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 20:57:21 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 02:57 UTC

Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-12-15 18:05, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>> Are they worse than extremists in germany, JugHead?
>>>
>> What is your deal? Are you obsessed with Jörg?
>
> Looks like Jörg has free rent in Hank's head.

He certainly does.

I could never throw Jughead out. He's the only one that could
ever replace nospam, and protect us against arlen the evil.