From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: icloud photos
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:34:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:EFSojNajrlT08ZWu7/Dtfv+6jpg=
 by: badgolferman - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:34 UTC

My iPhone photos are getting backed up to iCloud and Google Photos. I’m
considering disabling Google Photos because my storage quota is getting
full from other files.

Other than using a desktop browser to login to iCloud, is there a way to
view the photos being stored on iCloud? I know I can see the photos on the
iPhone Photos app, but I want to see what has actually been backed up for
verification purposes. Google Photos allows that.

Re: icloud photos

<ulshqg$4djs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11332&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11332

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: icloud photos
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 08:53:36 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 16:53 UTC

On 2023-12-19 06:34, badgolferman wrote:
> My iPhone photos are getting backed up to iCloud and Google Photos. I’m
> considering disabling Google Photos because my storage quota is getting
> full from other files.
>
> Other than using a desktop browser to login to iCloud, is there a way to
> view the photos being stored on iCloud? I know I can see the photos on the
> iPhone Photos app, but I want to see what has actually been backed up for
> verification purposes. Google Photos allows that.

How does Google Photos "allow" it?

And what would be wrong with using a browser to log in to iCloud to
check the totals and see that they match?

Re: icloud photos

<ulsjc5$4mn8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11334&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11334

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:20:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:tlLrOM40/i1WvsM7XboniyP23Ok=
 by: badgolferman - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:20 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-19 06:34, badgolferman wrote:
>> My iPhone photos are getting backed up to iCloud and Google Photos. I’m
>> considering disabling Google Photos because my storage quota is getting
>> full from other files.
>>
>> Other than using a desktop browser to login to iCloud, is there a way to
>> view the photos being stored on iCloud? I know I can see the photos on the
>> iPhone Photos app, but I want to see what has actually been backed up for
>> verification purposes. Google Photos allows that.
>>

> How does Google Photos "allow" it?

By providing a separate phone app to see what’s on the cloud.

> And what would be wrong with using a browser to log in to iCloud to
> check the totals and see that they match?

Extra steps and devices.

Re: icloud photos

<ulsko7$4rti$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11337&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11337

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 09:43:35 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:43 UTC

On 2023-12-19 09:20, badgolferman wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-12-19 06:34, badgolferman wrote:
>>> My iPhone photos are getting backed up to iCloud and Google Photos. I’m
>>> considering disabling Google Photos because my storage quota is getting
>>> full from other files.
>>>
>>> Other than using a desktop browser to login to iCloud, is there a way to
>>> view the photos being stored on iCloud? I know I can see the photos on the
>>> iPhone Photos app, but I want to see what has actually been backed up for
>>> verification purposes. Google Photos allows that.
>>>

>> How does Google Photos "allow" it?
>
> By providing a separate phone app to see what’s on the cloud.
>
>> And what would be wrong with using a browser to log in to iCloud to
>> check the totals and see that they match?
>>

> Extra steps and devices.

Different steps really no more, and on the same device.

You can sign in to iCloud in Safari on an iPhone or iPad. And since a
browser is something you want on your smartphone anyway, you actually
need to have one LESS app in order to check what is in the cloud this way.

I just did it.

I signed into iCloud in Safari on my iPhone and I can see precisely how
many photos and videos are there.

Re: icloud photos

<ulslf1$4r4c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11338&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11338

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 18:55:45 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:55 UTC

Am 19.12.23 um 18:20 schrieb badgolferman:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-12-19 06:34, badgolferman wrote:
>>> My iPhone photos are getting backed up to iCloud and Google Photos. I’m
>>> considering disabling Google Photos because my storage quota is getting
>>> full from other files.
>>>
>>> Other than using a desktop browser to login to iCloud, is there a way to
>>> view the photos being stored on iCloud? I know I can see the photos on the
>>> iPhone Photos app, but I want to see what has actually been backed up for
>>> verification purposes. Google Photos allows that.
>>>

>> How does Google Photos "allow" it?
>
> By providing a separate phone app to see what’s on the cloud.

Overkill and typical Google nonsense.

>> And what would be wrong with using a browser to log in to iCloud to
>> check the totals and see that they match?
>>

> Extra steps and devices.

Same device just switching to the browser. What are you afraid of?

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Re: icloud photos

<ulstfs$6ceo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11345&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11345

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 12:12:44 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:12 UTC

On 2023-12-19 09:55, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 19.12.23 um 18:20 schrieb badgolferman:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> How does Google Photos "allow" it?
>>
>> By providing a separate phone app to see what’s on the cloud.
>
> Overkill and typical Google nonsense.
>
>>> And what would be wrong with using a browser to log in to iCloud to
>>> check the totals and see that they match?
>>>

>> Extra steps and devices.
>
> Same device just switching to the browser. What are you afraid of?

Logic and sense apparently.

Re: icloud photos

<LKOdnQIWyPziohn4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11424&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11424

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:37:03 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:37 UTC

> > > Am 19.12.23 um 18:20 schrieb badgolferman:
> > > Alan <nuh> wrote:
> > > On 2023-12-19 06:34, badgolferman wrote:
> > > My iPhone photos are getting backed up to iCloud and Google
Photos. IŽm
> > > considering disabling Google Photos because my storage quota is
getting
> > > full from other files.
> > >
> > > Other than using a desktop browser to login to iCloud, is there
a way to
> > > view the photos being stored on iCloud? I know I can see the
photos on the
> > > iPhone Photos app, but I want to see what has actually been
backed up for
> > > verification purposes. Google Photos allows that.
> > >

> > > How does Google Photos "allow" it?
> > >
> > > By providing a separate phone app to see whatŽs on the cloud.
> > >

> > Overkill and typical Google nonsense.
> >
> > And what would be wrong with using a browser to log in to iCloud
> > check the totals and see that they match?
> >

> > Extra steps and devices.
> >
> Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>

> Same device just switching to the browser. What are you afraid of?
>
> --
> "Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

Just like the Google app being so pushy to auto upload photos. Why do
they want our photos so bad??

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657567593#657567593